• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Pokémon from each region and favorite region?

Favorite region?

• Total voters
Gen I: Gengar
Gen II: Typhlosion
Gen III: Breloom
Gen IV: Porygon-Z
Gen V: Eelektross
Gen VI: Slurpuff

Region: Sinnoh

My favorite region is far and away always going to be Johto because of the culture, history, and legend of Lugia/Ho-Oh and the beasts being by far objectively the best myth in the entire Pokemon universe, bar none. I also voted Hoenn (for the breathtaking landscapes, particularly in ORAS) and Kalos (for the unbelievably uncanny resemblance to real world France.)

Bonus: least favorite region is far and away Unova. Hate that region. Kanto is also really low on the list because of how bland it is.

Kanto: Bulbasaur- favorite Pokemon, bar none. Runners-up: Dragonite, Squirtle, Scyther, and Vulpix

Johto: Houndour- I love a lot of Johto mons but Houndour's based on my favorite animal, so yeah. Runners-up: Chikorita, Totodile, Scizor, Tyranitar, Espeon/Umbreon, Skarmory, and Heracross

Hoenn: Milotic- it took me forever to get one, and it was so worth it when I used her in battle. Runners-up: Electrike, Treecko, Torchic, and Absol

Sinnoh: Turtwig- probably my least favorite Pokemon designs are in this region, but Torterra is a badass. Runners-up: Piplup, Roserade, and Leafeon/Glaceon

Unova: Snivy- Don't care too much about this region's Pokemon either, but Snivy is the best of a bad bunch. Runners-up: Hydreigon, Volcarona, and Ferroseed

Kalos: Chespin- I fell in love with Chesnaught the moment I saw him, which is saying something because Kalos had some fantastic Pokemon designs. Runners-up: Fennekin, Froakie, Phantump, Flabebe, and Goodra.

Kanto: Dragonite- I like how Dragonite is usually gentle and good-natured but is also strong enough to protect those it cares about.
Johto: Porygon 2- P2 is my all-time favorite PKMN. I'm not totally sure why, though it might have something to do with it being an artificial/virtual Pokémon with a quirky design.
Hoenn: Gardevoir- Gardevoirs remind me of mages and I think it's pretty cool that they're known for protecting people.
Sinnoh: Togekiss- Togekiss looks ultra fluffy, is associated with peace, and evolves from a Gen. 2 line that I was already fond of.
Unova: Deino- I'm a fan of Deino's blinding bangs, haha. They remind me of a random anime character I like...
Kalos: Goodra- I like Goodra for basically the same reason I like Dragonite. I also think it's kind of neat that it's a defensive psuedo-legendary.

Johto's my favorite region as far as setting and Pokémon (overall) go. Unova's my favorite region in terms of characters and plot.

My favorite region is Unova, because MURICA.

Gen I: Not too many Pokémon here stand out, but here I'll go with Magnemite. It's design, while simple, is clever, and Electric/Steel is a fun typing.
Gen II: Houndoom. I just love how they snuck a hellhound in the game, and the horns and skulls on it just make it pure badass.
Gen III: Flygon. I'm not sure why I like it so much, but there's just something about the insect dragon aesthetic that makes it look awesome. Garchomp is a poser.
Gen IV: Honchkrow. How could a gangsta crow not be awesome?
Gen V: Excadrill. It's simply amazing in battle.
Gen VI: Sylveon. This thing has grown on me a lot. At first, I did not like it. Now, it's neck in neck with Leafeon for the title of my favorite Eeveelution.
Gen VII: Right now, Oricorio. I really like the design, even if it's not one for battle.

Kalos, at least for me it's a fun region, has my favorite starter

Kanto: Flareon
Johto: Umbreon
Hoenn: Delcatty
Sinnoh: Glaceon
Unova: Liepard
Kalos: Sylveon
adding Alola: Torracat
a small change - I'm loving Zorua more than Liepard for Unova

Kanto - Jolteon
Johto - Ampharos
Hoenn - Gardevoir
Sinnoh - Cherrim
Unova - Joltik
Kalos - Goomy
Alola - Vikavolt/Tapufini

Hoenn is my favorite region and Gardevoir and Jolteon are my favorite Pokemon

Changing some of my stuff from last time.
My favorite region is Hoenn Alola, followed by Hoenn and Johto. Out of the others, Kanto is the only one I've seen in its entirety but Kanto is so plain and dull compared to the others.

Now as for pokemon... this is difficult. I have lots of favorites in some regions.

Kanto: Charizard/Machoke/Flareon/All the Nidos
Johto: Jumpluff/Murkrow/Sneasel
Hoenn: Treecko/Zigzagoon/Aggron/Seviper/Lunatone
Sinnoh: Bidoof/Skorupi/Cresselia
Unova: Purrloin/Scolipede
Kalos: Fennekin/Florges/Spritzee/Pumpkaboo
Alola: Incineroar/Mudsdale/Ribombee/Vikavolt/Araquanid/Alolan Persian/Fomantis line/Morelull line/Salazzle... I love too many pokemon from this region.

Kanto: Arcanine - My favorite Pokémon ever.
Johto: Heracross - My favorite from the anime.
Hoenn: Absol - It was my best friend's favorite Pokémon and he has passed away, since then it has become better positioned in my ranks.
Sinnoh: Leafeon - My favorite Eevolution.
Unova: Sawsbuck - My first "legit" shiny ever (which I got on a handheld, not on an emulator). Sadly I prefer Leafeon to it.
Kalos: Tyrantrum - It's a m*@¨!#f&(!(%@ tyrannosaurus. How can we not love it?

Alola: Lycanroc Midday - When I saw Rockruff, I was 100% certain he was going to get an evo and started looking for designs on the internet. I fell in love with every design I saw and said to myself: "Well, Arcanine is going to lose its spot".

Luckily/Sadly what GF came up with it's evolution was not enough to replace my favorite Pokémon since I was a small kid.

As far as region goes, I have a preference for Kanto and Johto.

Last edited:
Kanto: Porygon
Johto: Houndoom
Hoenn: Sceptile
Sinnoh: Drapion
Unova: Cofagrigus
Kalos: Malamar
Alola: Incineroar

I think if I had to pick a favorite region it would be Sinnoh because a lot of my favorite pokemon are from that region! Besides Drapion, there's also Spiritomb, Infernape, Luxray, Giratina, Weavile, and Honchkrow.

Sinnoh is my favorite region!~ I just love the theme attached to it with the imprortance of the Legendary Pokemon and culture~ But Kalos and Alola follow close behind.

Kanto: Raichu (Fave Pokemon) Eevee, Flareon, Jolteon, and Vaporeon
Johto: Espeon and Umbreon
Hoenn: Mawile
Sinnoh: Weavile, Leafeon, and Glaceon
Unova: Lilligant and Hydreigon
Kalos: Sylveon, Diancie, and Slurpuff
Alola: Mimikyu, Tapu Lele, Lunala, and Magearna

Simply vote on your favorite region and mention it along with your favorite Pokémon from each region. Easy, right?

Honestly, I like all regions lol. It may seem like a cop out answer, but it's true. Now... if someone kept impatiently asking me to choose one then I would have to go with Kanto.

Kanto: Lapras and Growlithe (can't choose one here)
Johto: Heracross
Hoenn: Swellow
Sinnoh: Lucario
Unova: Krookodile
Kalos: Hawlucha
Alola: Rockruff

Last edited:
Kanto: Arcanine, because it is majestic and has a solid movepool.
Johto: Tyranitar, because it looks tough and hits hard.
Hoenn (favourite region): a tie between Absol (for its backstory) and Salamence (the only true European dragon in the series)
Sinnoh: Weavile. Has a cool design and is quick and powerful.
Unova: Haxorus. Love its design and shiny form.
Kalos: Dragalge, mainly for its typing and Adaptability.
Alola: Silvally, for its backstory, movepool and unique ability.

Hoenn is my favourite region but Sinnoh and Johto are close seconds.

Kanto: Pidgeot
Johto: Yanma
Hoenn: Gardevoir.....Grovyle is a close second.
Sinnoh: Carnivine
Unova: Swadloon
Kalos: Delphox
Alola: Cutiefly

Kanto: Dragonite
Johto: Umbreon
Hoenn: Rayquaza
Sinnoh: Darkrai
Unova: Bisharp
Kalos: Tyrantrum
Alola: Alolan Marowak (Toxapex if Alolan forms aren't included)

As for my favorite region, Sinnoh

Kanto: Raichu
Johto:donphan
Hoenn:swampert
Sinnoh;arceus if I had to go no legendary ...Vespiqueen
Unova: braviary
Kalos:malamar (Greninja close 2nd)
Alola: mimikyu

Favorite region hoenn

Kanto: Jolteon, Venusaur, Dragonair, Ninetales, Abra, Articuno.
Johto: Raikou, Magby, Ho-oh, Typhlosion, Scizor, Skarmory.
Hoenn: Blaziken, Breloom, Wailord, Aggron, Sharpedo, Gardevoir.
Sinnoh: Lopunny, Empoleon, Giratina, Toxicroak, Glaceon, Magmortar.
Unova: Virizion, Snivy, Samurott, Black Kyurem, Gigalith, Krookodile.
Kalos: Spritzee, Pyroar, Chesnaught, Avalugg, Dragalge, Xerneas.
Alola: Incineroar, Salazzle, Golisopod, Lycanroc (Midnight), Kartana, Primarina.

Favourite Region: A tie between Hoenn and Unova. I love both of them a lot.

Kanto - Ninetales
Johto -
Houndoom
Hoenn
- Flygon
Sinnoh - Gallade
Unova - Zoroark
Kalos - Braixen
Alola -
Lycanroc (both forms)

Favorite Region >>> Johto

Sinnoh's my favourite region by far. It was almost my first game.

Kanto - Charizard/Pikachu
Johto - Heracross
Hoenn - Metagross
Sinnoh - Infernape/Lucario
Unova - Krookodile/Bisharp
Kalos - Greninja
Alola - Alolan Marowak/Silvally

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom