• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Pokémon Movie?

Which Pokémon movie was your favorite?

• 01 - Mewtwo Strikes Back

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • 02 - The Power of One

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 03 - Spell of the Unown

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • 04 - Pokémon 4ever

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 05 - Pokémon Heroes

• 06 - Jirachi Wishmaker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 07 - Destiny Deoxys

• 08 - Lucario and the Mystery of Mew

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • 09 - Temple of the Sea

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • 10 - Dialga vs. Palkia vs. Darkrai

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • 11 - Giratina and the Sky's Bouquet

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • 12 - Arceus and the Jewel of Light

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • 13 - Phantom Ruler Zoroark

• Total voters

Data_Error

Gym Apprentice
Reaction score
Exactly what the title says. Rank 'em from best to worst or just pick your favorite, and give your reasons. I personally watch them once a year to keep up on the current state of the anime, even though I hardly watch it anymore. In my opinion...

Best: 1/Mewtwo, 2/Lugia
Great: 5/Latis, 7/Deoxys
Good: 3/Entei, 8/Lucario, 10/Darkrai, 13/Zekrom
Fine: Everything else

One and two may have the advantage of nostalgia, but the first movie actually had a good plot (if not for the overstated moral), and the second was genuinely fun to watch. I personally enjoyed the villains and the idea of the chariot raves in the fifth, and I was a fan of Rebecca and the setting of the seventh, though not enough to make it a complete favorite. The other four have enough high points to keep them afloat, but were overall relatively average, while I didn't care for any of the other movies in particular. My least favorite would have to be 12/Arceus because it lacked any sense of urgency and I didn't really like any of the movie-specific characters.

Last edited:
My top 3:

1-Mewtwo Strikes Back
2-Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
3-Spell of the Unown

Hmm... it's a tie between Movie 10 and Movie 8. I'll have to go with Movie 10.

Lets see

1. Movie 8-Good storyline, great animation and I really liked the friendship that Ash had with Lucario.

2. Movie 2-Ash saving the world was pretty cool, a lot of good action, good music. Intresting villain, wasn't a Pokemon for once.

3. Movie 11-So me good Pearlshipping moments, even if its just a movie, still cute. Ash always has the best relationships with Pokemon in the movies, can't just be me here? Animation has really improved over the years.

4. Movie 3-Some great battles and I really liked the scenes they choose for the battles, like water for Misty and the ending was pretty cool.

My top movies, though I like them all.

I loved the Japanese version of Myuutsu's Counterattack (since we all know 4kids/Warner Bros. destroyed the original plot and the amazingly beautiful Kaze to Isshoni.) Celebi: A Timeless Encounter, Myuu and the Wave-Guiding Hero Lucario, and Zoroark: Ruler of Illusions comes in at a close second. :D

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew for sure. I love that movie to bits, and it had such a touching ending...

I'm the only one who liked Movie 5 the most? Come on. Human Latias. We're never getting that again.

^that is my second favorite
1 - Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
2 - Pokémon Heroes
3 - Phantom Ruler Zorroark

Mewtwo Strikes Back, awesome movie, always has been my favorite out of the 13 movies. Mewtwo is almost unstoppable in the movie.

1. Spell of the Unknown
2. Destiny Deoxys
3. Lucario and the Mystery of Mew / Heroes / Temple of the Sea

Myutsuu no Gyakushuu for me, hands down. I am not particularly satisfied with the ending but the kickass cinematography, music, and first act make up for it. I also enjoyed Lord of the Unknown Tower.

The Power of One is my favorite. I loved the story, the characters and Lugia's song is one of the best pieces of music I've heard.

Pokemon The Movie 2000 is my favorite as well. When it came out, I remember seeing it in the movie theater, and it was AMAZING. This movie blew me away!! =D

And of course, I loved how Ash was "The Chosen one". <3

My 2nd favorite movie is Pokemon Heroes: Latios and Latias. I loved the story, the music, and the animation. Such a wonderful movie!! ^_^

And finally, my third favorite movie is Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Once again, the story was awesome, the animation was incredible, and the music was beautiful. Also, I loved how the 8th movie was centered around Ash and Pikachu's relationship. =3

I also enjoyed movies 1, 3, 4, 6, and 7. They may not be my top faves, but I love these movies as well. They have wonderful stories and all of them are truly amazing, in my opinion.

Movies 9 through 11 = Meh. Didn't care for those movies at all. =/

Movie 12 = I admit, this one was pretty good for a movie dubbed by TPCi. I actually enjoyed it, and that's saying a lot, because I have very high expectations. For TPCi, I'd say this was their best movie so far, and coming from me, that's a big compliment. However, when compared to the previous movies dubbed by 4Kids, movie 12 was nowhere near as awesome as the first 8 movies were, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Movie 2000, i coincidentally, watched it last night after looking at the movie articles on Bulbapedia.

It was great the Melody, referring to Misty as Ash's girlfriend, the boat ride when they sent out all of their Pokemon, the villian, Lugia's one of my favourites, the action, the drama.

I didn't know lots of other people loved the Lucario as well, i liked it as my second favourite, Lucario is my favourite Pokemon, so seeing it is awesome, the action was good, the Pokemon war, the flashback's, the drama, mew, mr. mime, bonsly, kid summers the regi trio were all awesome.

And finally movie 1, 10, or 12, Movie 1 because it was great and memorable, movie 10 was pretty good, and 12 was pretty good as well.

Also, I loved how the 8th movie was centered around Ash and Pikachu's relationship. =3

I think it was more centered around Lucario and it's history.

I really couldn't choose just one..
so my top 4 would have to be

Phantom Ruler Zoroark
Pokemon Heroes
Spell of the Unown
The Power of One

(and the shaymin one if I get five :p or maybe the darkrai...)

I think it was more centered around Lucario and it's history.
Yeah, that's true. XD

But what I meant was, I think the sub-plot of the movie was the disappearance of Pikachu, and the long, incredible journey that Ash took to find Pikachu. And even though the movie was mostly focused on Lucario and its history, Ash still played a big role as well. =)

Also, in the anime, I love all the Pokemon episodes that are focused on Ash and Pikachu's relationship. And I love this movie for the same reason, as well as the main story with Lucario. Everything about Lucario and the Mystery of Mew made it an amazing movie for me.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom