• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game(s)?

Which one do you prefer?

• Adventure Squad (WiiWare)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gates to Infinity

• Rescue Team DX

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Basically the title. Which game in the PMD series do you think is better than the rest, or which one do you just hold a soft spot for?

My favorite is Blue Rescue Team, as it was the first one I played and the one that I ended up playing the most. I liked Explorers of Time as well, but the original Rescue Team is always the one I find myself coming back to in the end. Personally, the story of each game doesn't really have any impact on which one is my favorite (I might be one of the only people who likes it primarily for the dungeon gameplay lol) — but I know others feel much differently about that when it comes to this series, so I'm curious to hear which games people liked best.

I liked Red Rescue Team when I played through it. Explorers of Sky made me dislike Pokémon Mystery Dungeon.

When the game has gameplay issues, higher difficulty makes going through that gameplay more miserable to the point where the game becomes more annoying than fun to play.

Super is easily my favorite. I could go on in length why I like it as much as I do, but to keep it short and sweet, I like the story, the pacing, the characters, the world, the selection of availabile Pokémon, and the plot twists. Plus, it was the first PMD game that I watched an LP of from start to finish, completely blind, and also the first PMD game I played myself (this year, actually).

Explorers of Sky is one of the best Pokémon games in terms of story imo. You can really feel that the stakes are high. I love how there is even a little bit of a mystery going on in the Grovyle and Dusknoir story since Grovyle had to figure out when and how Duknoir is plotting against him. I don't think there are any other games in the series with a plot like this when you really need to pay attention to the details.

I like the first games as well not just because of nostalgia. The fugitive plot was very intense and I love Gengar's redemption arc. Plus you get to play as cute Pokémon like Skitty and Eevee which is always nice.

Explorers>Rescue team DX>Original RT>GTI>SMD

If only SMD stuck to just one main setting, I think just keeping it at the school and incorporate the connection orb there would be very much ideal. If so then it would have gotten a significantly higher ranking.

i would normally say explorers of sky easily... that is, until rescue team DX.

i obviously adore explorers of sky, but i have to be honest with myself - going through any dungeon after playing DX just feels... slow? painful? idk, maybe explorers shows its age a lot more compared to a more modern pmd game. i think in a vacuum it's an incredible game, but i kinda wished i didnt go back to it after DX cause it feels weird. pokemon don't move as quickly as they do in DX, and things feel slower in general.

but yeah DX > explorers of sky > everything else

Back
Top Bottom