• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Pokemon Nickname(s)?

I named my Deoxys "Vok" after a race of energy aliens from Beast Wars. My shiny Palkia from Pearl is "VectorPrym" which is a shortened form of Vector Prime from Transformers: Cybertron. I called my Xerneas "ForestSpirit" because Miyazaki. My female Bisharp is named Lyuze from Casshern Sins but my favorite nickname happens to be the one I gave to my Golurk.

I named him Riser, after a character in a story that I was writing. The character in the story was a robot who was known as an Iron Fist. Since Golurk had Iron Fist, I figured that it would be fitting. Oh man, I had no idea.

This wasn't a nickname. This was a title. Riser lived up to that name; he rose up when other members of my team on Black fell. He got me through some seriously tight spots so that name was earned. I don't think I can top that name ever.

I really like the nickname I gave my Cradily, "Lawrence." I just think it really fits him.

In every game that I use a Gardevoir, I always name her (yes, I always catch a girl) Lora. I dunno where or why that name stuck since Gen III, but I love it. It just sounds so elegant to me.

My Blaziken are often called Infernox after the Infernox Armor from Ratchet & Clank Up Your Arsenal. I find that name super cool.

My Emboar are always called Nitro due to the Japanese name for Flame Charge (Nitro Charge). Plus I get a kick whenever he uses Flame Charge.

My Infernape are always called Hotshot, because, well, they are hotshots.

Ever since my first Gen I game (Red), I always called Rattata Scribbles after a tv character from a show I watched as a kid. Scribbles the First ended up being a viciously OP Lv 100 Rattata that could murder Blue's team by himself (I never evolved him, as a friend challenged me to do so, something he sorely regretted when that same Rattata brutalized his team in link battles).

During Gens I and II, whenever I caught a Weedle, I'd name him Waspinator from Beast Wars, another show from my childhood. Unlike Waspinator, he didn't get blown up all the time, and could actually be a viable threat for a while. Waspy would be proud. ^_^ I still call my Weedles Waspinator just for fun in memory of him.

During my first run in Y I named all my Pokemon (bar Gardevoir) after characters from Breath of Fire, my all-time favorite game series: Noivern was Ryu, Delphox was Nina, Greninja was Rei, Gogoat was Spar, and Aegislash was Fou-Lu. I also had a blue Florges named Deis for a while before I settled with Gardevoir as my Fairy mon (plus it gave me an excuse to use a Mega). Talonflame, a secondary member, was also known as Garr, a Dragalge named Teepo, and a Clawitzer named Momo. I had a lot of fun, didn't I?

I better shut up there for now before I really go overboard with my nickname history.

During Gens I and II, whenever I caught a Weedle, I'd name him Waspinator from Beast Wars, another show from my childhood. Unlike Waspinator, he didn't get blown up all the time, and could actually be a viable threat for a while. Waspy would be proud. ^_^ I still call my Weedles Waspinator just for fun in memory of him.
But did he have plans? (Couldn't help myself on that one.)

In my case, most of my Pokemon get Transformer names. Thankfully, there are a lot to chose from in that regard and when I run out of domestic ones, I can switch to the japanese lines. Yes, I have no life.

But did he have plans? (Couldn't help myself on that one.)

In my case, most of my Pokemon get Transformer names. Thankfully, there are a lot to chose from in that regard and when I run out of domestic ones, I can switch to the japanese lines. Yes, I have no life.

No, he never had plans. I treated him well, so he always listened to fleshy-bot (me), but could never one-up doggy-bot (Arcanine) in any situation. And since I never used Megatron/dragon-bot (Dragonite), he had really no reason to fear anyone at that time. (Couldn't resist, either.)

Moving on, another commonplace set of names I used during my Gen V runs were Drillbit for Excadrill (shouldn't be too hard to figure that one out, right?), Heroic for Braviary, Peach for Liligant, Nefertiti for Cofagrigus, and Willow for Leavanny.

Oooh, I've been waiting for a thread like this. I nickname all of my competitive 'mons and I like to think my nicknames are pretty unique and well thought out. Of the many names I've bestowed, here are some of my personal favorites:
NotTrevenant (Gourgeist)
Thorni Tori (Chesnaught)
FurvusVulpes (Zoroark, I believe it means "Black Fox" in Latin)
Hellebore (Hydreigon, named after a species of flower)
GOTTAGOFEAST (Sharpedo, Sonic meme + Speed Boost + Sharky-ness)
Just Deserts (Tyranitar with Sand Stream, I like puns)
Sphyrnacrok (Garchomp, combination of genus of hammerhead sharks and Garchomp's French name)
Mawsome. and Mawkward... (Mawile, play on words)
Thunder Clap (Tyrantrum, reference to A Sound of Thunder)
Too Fly Gone (Flygon, another play on words)
Charlie (Female Bisharp; because it reminds me of a power ranger, it's named after the only red ranger who was female and also happened to defect from the rangers, fitting the dark typing and Defiant ability perfectly)

Heheh... I actually had to boot up one of my games, it's been so long since I've looked at any of my 'mons...
Asphodel - Giritina

ABCGHIMMOT - Raticate (mostly sentimental about the 'mon itself. After it was pmuch forgotten a a Daycare, it went from lv. 4 to 62.)

Hellfire - Chandelure (it let it keep its name, but the censors won't let me name anything else the same. What?)

Kaneki - Scolipede (yes I'm a horrible person)

Attila - Hydreigon

Diablo - Garchomp (that thing had killed most of my team during a Nuzlocke)

Bladefury - Sceptile (okay so I was an 11-year-old trying to sound edgy, but this thing HAS GROWN ON ME OK)

I got traded a shiny Eevee named Skittles, which started me on the trend of naming all my shinies since after food. Kangaskhan is Milk 'n Cookie, Banette is Gob, Scyther is Mello (as in Mellow Yellow :p), etc.

I call my Mega Charizard X Valflame, after the strongest Fire Tome in Fire Emblem 13. There's something majestic and powerful about it that I really like.

1. I once named everyone on my team after Street Fighter 2 Characters
2. Shiny Sneasel named Danny. (Danny Pink Sneasel?) Anyone get it?
3. Robin Gible. No one will get that one.

I like to always give my Pokémon nicknames. Current team names
Named my Arcanine after my dog - Charliedog. Garchomp I named Thresher. Venasaur I called Saur (original as F!). Aegislash I called Stabby. Slowbro I named Beechy, and Ampharos I named Shaun - because its a sheep!

I always feel compelled to name the shiny Gyarados "Red". I also have a running theme of naming my Lucarios with roman numerals at the end. My most recent is Lucario XII.

I'll always name my female Charizards Francie or Frances. I remember watching a documentary of a woman named Francie who remodeled an airplane to be a house, and her determination and love for the sky made me think of Charizard. The names have stuck since. My male 'zards are always named Gino after this guy I knew in high school.

All my Electabuzz tend to be named Bronx after the gargoyle dog in Gargoyles. I love animal characters who are not dogs but act like them (Bronx, Sven the reindeer from Frozen, and Abner the pig from Hey Arnold), and I have my headcanon where the Electabuzz on my team acts like a puppy dog. Damn, I need to lay off the cartoons.

I had a Linoone nicknamed Linoonicorn. I also got traded a Groudon named Fluffy, so now my Kyogre is Plushy to match.

I've recently gotten into the habit of nicknaming my Pokemon after Transformers characters if there are any that can fit - my Greninja's nicknamed Spittor after this dude (because I freaking love Beast Wars) and my Roserade's nicknamed Botanica, which is funny considering I hated the Beast Machines cartoon. The BM toyline was pretty cool - the toys based on the Maximals from the show were kind of lackluster, but the Vehicons and the non-show Maximals were pretty great.

I called my mudkip Snorkelboy and it suited him so much! I always nickname my Pokemon. Another favourite was my lopunny names SAKURAHARUNO. I also had a geodude called Oh wow he. So it'd be Oh wow he used Rock Smash! It was pretty funny to see

And my tailow named Quiggles was prettttty adorable.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom