• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Pokemon season

Which series is the best in your opinion?

• Original Series (Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto)

Votes: 35 59.3%
  • Advanced Generation (Hoenn, Battle Frontier)

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Diamond and Pearl (Sinnoh)

Votes: 22 37.3%

• Total voters

Jackson_H

Reaction score
What series is your favorite?

Mine is the original series.

When Pokemon was in its prime and popularity IMO. :ksmile:

Last edited:
I love Kanto. Love it love it love it.

But I have to say Sinnoh. It's actually gotten to be a better show now, despite the facepalm moments.

Of course Advanced. The group of four was the best we ever has, May and Max brought up something we didn't have with both Misty and Dawn (and especially with Dawn, since there simply is NO group chemistry in DP group). The Contests were great idea and with one exception you never felt cheated about contests (for those who wonder, the one exception I felt cheated was that Contest where May beat Brock, yes, even I, Brock hater, must admit Brock deserved to win, not May), which I can't tell about Sinnoh Contests. And even tough Ash's saga suffered from absence of rival, we still had some interesting battles especially in BF, so I can forgive writers they seemed to forgot Ash was there with May too. Especially now, when I see how in Sinnoh, Ash has great rivals, but Dawn's rivals are "just there" doing nothing for the plot, showing us writers have problem with too much rivals in the show. And of course, the fact AG had the least ammount of fillers also play some role here. So, yes, even with some problems AG had, for me, it is the best saga so far.

of course....

for me...I like the original series....
...even though...it's not more advance like ''Advance'' generation....or more awesome like ''Diamond and Pearl'' version....

for me and for my opinion only....''original is ORIGINAL''!!!...
...THAT'S WHAT'S counts for me....

Kanto Kanto Kanto Kanto Kanto.

I love Kanto. <3

Therefore I voted for Original Series. Especially since I also love Orange Islands and parts of Johto.

But I voted for AG too because Hoenn was great also.

I went with Sinnoh. I liked the origional, but Sinnoh seems to have the best "personality". Some people might complain about it, but I really think it has some of the best variety of all the series.

I really missed alot of the Advanced Generation, but I do think that it has the best movies.

Since I can check multiple, I voted Original and AG.

I'm rewatching the entire AG series now, but I also miss the old episodes. Going to take me forever to finish.

Original Series! Kanto, Orange Islands and Johto are the best seasons. The best characters and interactions between them. Great character - Misty which brought more of fun to series. Great storyline. No Contests which make from Pokemon boring fashion show and are unnecessary fillers. And the best movies.

Here's my opinion from best to least:

Original- best characters, pokemon and story
AG- Best pokemon contests and great characters, story, and memorable pokemon
DP- It's good, but not as good as the original and AG

I think Sinnoh is the best. It has the most variety and has become very creative. Paul is an awesome rival for Ash and Ursula is an awesome rival for Dawn. I really like the contests and legendaries appear more often in the series (rayquaza, zapdos) But than again I'm biased as Dawn's my favorite character.

The Original series and Advanced Generation were really good too though.

DP. Most of my favorite episodes are from DP, and it has most of my favorite characters. I started liking AG a lot once Ash and co. went to Kanto for the Battle Frontier. The Original Series will always ~have a place in my heart~, but I don't like it as much as DP or AG.

Original series here, the original trio actually felt complete and had the best interactions with each other I think. Not to mention all my favorites are seen in that generation. Advanced and Diamond and Pearl just can't hold a candle to it in so many aspects.

I say this every time, but I don't really have one. I think they've all got the same amount of episodes or factors that I like/don't care for, and I've never been bored enough to check up on that 100%.

Is it weird not to have a favourite?

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom