• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Pokemon Type(s)

Which type or types do you favor?

• Grass

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • Fire

Votes: 48 27.6%
  • Water

Votes: 53 30.5%
  • Normal

Votes: 10 5.7%
  • Electric

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • Fighting

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • Psychic

Votes: 41 23.6%
  • Flying

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • Ground

Votes: 15 8.6%
  • Bug

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Poison

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • Rock

Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Steel

Votes: 31 17.8%
  • Dark

Votes: 49 28.2%
  • Ice

Votes: 40 23.0%
  • Ghost

Votes: 38 21.8%
  • Dragon

Votes: 47 27.0%

• Total voters
I find myself unable to choose between Ice and Electric types for my absolute favourite type. Fortunately those two types complement each other in battle exceedingly well. I also tend to heavily favour Bug, Grass, Poison and Normal types.
I think it goes without saying why I loathe Fire-types XD

I would say my favorite types are probably Steel, Psychic, Dark, and Poison.

At this point, it's hard to think of a team, but ones I'd consider are probably Aggron, Magnezone, Slowking, Reiunculus, Alakazam, Gallade, Umbreon, Scrafty, Weavile, Toxicroak, Vileplume, and others I can't currently think of.

I favour a few and voted for a few, but I mainly deal in Dragon and Water types. I have found them to be the most useful in my experience of competitive battling. I use Dragon types for their raw offensive power and usually wide move pools.

And I use Water types for their natural bulk and specially offensive capabilities. I use other types like Ghost and Psychic types for their tricky tactics and again offensive capability.

I should also mention the necessity of a Steel type, as I always have one Steel type on my teams for their defences and naturally high amount of resistances to other types.

I had chosen Ghost, Grass and Poison. All of them has a modest interest, so that's good.

I particular love Grass-types because plants have so much potential to base a Pokemon on, and what we have is just the tip of the iceberg. It's little wonder Grass is one of the more populated types every Generation. Their status moves are very useful for causing some disruption on the opponent, especially Leech Seed and Sleep Powder.

Ghost is great because it's a rare type that not many Pokemon belong to, and they are particularly useful as a type, with two immunities and not many weaknesses. I like that each Ghost-type possess a unique attribute that can differentiate their roles from one another.

Poison I chose because it is a useful defensive type and some of the Pokemon are quirky. Again, there is some potential for new Poison-types, although this had not been the case these years.

Thanks for reading.

Ever since R/S/E and my obsession with Steven Stone, my favorite type has been Steel-type. There are so many cool Steel-type Pokemon, like Lucario, Aggron, Scizor, Empoleon, etc...

So my top three favorites are...
Steel
Ice
Ghost

Personally I've always loved fire, electric and water types because most of my favourite Pokemon have been those types, and just because I love the sort of attacks they can use

Bug, Poison and Steel. Poison-types still don't get the respect they probably don't deserve. Even though it's only super effective against one type (Grass), the Poison type has some of the weirdest and best Pokémon designs in the games. Steel-types are just cool in general, having a good mix of designs and stats, and it's the same story with Bug-types, especially since Gen V gave us some of the best bugs.

Weirdly, though, my favourite Pokémon isn't any of those types.

Fire, Electric and Dragon. They have some of the coolest Pokemon and are just simple to use. XD

My favorite is Dark. As for a team of all-Dark Pokemon... hmm... here's what I've got:

Umbreon
Honchkrow
Tyranitar
Shiftry
Sharpedo
Spiritomb

I'm sure there's a better team than this, but that's what comes to mind at the moment.

Dark-types are my definite favorite. Nothing is immune to their attacks and you have such superstars as Scrafty, Sableye, Weavile, and Bisharp on your side.

Ground-type.
My first favorite pokemon was Dugtrio. Yeah kinda random, but I remember back in rby I always work hard to catch a Dugtrio in the Diglett's cave. Good times.
And as time goes by, my love for Ground-types grew.
Camerupt, Mamoswine, Excadrill, Flygon and Garchomp just to name a few.
I always feel like alone for my love of Ground-types.

DRAGON! So much power! And hard to beat!

My team would be:

Rayquaza
Reshiram
Zekrom
Hydreigon
Dragonite
Charizard (yeah, he's not a dragon type, but he looks like one)

Psychic is my favorite, with Fire as a close second.

And my team would be:

Mew
Gardevoir
Espeon
Cresselia
Musharna
Reuniclus

DRAGON! So much power! And hard to beat!

My team would be:

Rayquaza
Reshiram
Zekrom
Hydreigon
Dragonite
Charizard (yeah, he's not a dragon type, but he looks like one)

I Seto Kaiba approve of this answer, as I have the same dragon festish.

Far and away, my favorite type is, was, and will always be the Grass type. No question about it. Grass types run da world. Fuck dem Fires. Grass types OWN.

I also like Water types as a close second. Steels, Darks and Dragons are cool too.

Interestingly, while my least favorite type is definitely Fire, I do like quite a few Fire types (namely Houndour/doom, Vulpix/Ninetales, the Torchic line, Chandelure and Volcarona.)

As for my team:

-Venusaur
-Meganium
-Jumpluff
-Whimsicott
-Breloom
-Roserade

For an extra annoying team that's sure to make you pull out your hair in frustration. Fun for me.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom