• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Pokemon without an evolution? [No legendaries]

Torkoal is by far my favourite. I also quite like Kecleon, Shuckle and Aerodactyl.

Mostly from it's origin and design, Mawile. The concept of deception, cute pokemon with huge devouring mouth attached to it's head, is really interesting.

I have a lot of favorites on my list but I chose only 3 of them. (I could not choose one over the other.)
Aerodactyl- Probably my favorite Prehistoric Pokemon is Aerodactyl. It has a great design (In my opinion.), flies, and has decent stats. It is an alright contender in the RU but, its Attack should be higher.

Absol- The best Dark type in existence (Design wise and in my opinion.) is Absol. It has a high attack and several moves to abuse Super Luck.

Heracross- My favorite Bug type is Heracross. It has a high Attack and several moves to abuse it. (And Moxie.)

Oh, without a doubt in my mind, Heracross! He's the coolest Pokemon there is. Period.

Emolga!! I hope they don't make it evolve anymore, why Emolga? I love its design, its way pass the cuteness scale 20 out of 10! I love its voice in the anime. Everytime Emolga uses attract, even before it affects any Pokemon, I'm the first one to get affected

Absol would get first place for me. I just love its design, the story behind it (sounds so much like what happens in my life on a regular basis...), it's Abilities (Pressure is killer for a common Mon, while Super Luck is awesome with all the high critical-hit moves it learns, and Justified is just so... justified *lame explanation on that last one, I know*), and the contrast of its color vs. its type. You don't usually see white colored Dark-types. Makes it seem interestingly contrast. Gives it a Yin/Yang feel.

Heracross, Tauros, Seviper, and Zangoose are tied for second place, though Seviper and Tauros edge out a bit more to me.

Umm let's see Top 5 in no particular order

1. Lapras
2. Ditto
3. Dunsparce
4. Shuckle
5. Absol

Gen I: Lapras (he can surf anywhere) and Ditto (can transform into or breed with other Pokémon, even can transform into humans (as shown in MPJ manga))
Gen II: Delibird (Torchic and Piplup's cousin that can fly) and Heracross (fighting bug but cannot fly)
Gen III: Plusle and Minun (two of my favorites), Tropius, Absol (looks like a legendary to me in terms of design)
Gen IV: Carnivine (Pac-Man anyone?)
Gen V: Throh and Sawk (they're Mario and Luigi of Pokémon universe), Druddigon (he was supposed to be psuedo-legendary, but he's not)

I always thought Farfetch'd was boss when I was a kid. Nowadays, though, there's plenty of other guys out there, but I don't usually have one form pokemon on my team.

Re: Favorite Pokemon without an evolution?

I would probably say Lapras, Absol, and Skarmory.

Lapras because it is very beautiful and graceful with a hint of a sea dragon. Also it's tough to beat if you don't have something to counter it's types.

I have always liked Pokemon with a design similar to a ghostly dog, or fox (a bit like Ninetales). Absol has this elegant, but pale mysterious appearance, which I love. It doesn't tend to last long in battle, but with the right move set, and strategy Absol can be a very tactically offensive Pokemon.

Skarmory is one of the best looking bird Pokemon in my opinion because it looks like a steel knight of the sky. It's more so useful as a defensive hazard user, but I tend to like it's potential offensive traits.

Lapras: Such an elegant Pokemon. It's bulky and learned Ice Beam via level-up. I have fond memories of using it in early generations.
Aerodactyl: It looks fierce; it's the coolest fossil, for me. Its attack and speed can wipe out a whole team. I'm very happy to have used it in a local tournament once and win with it.
Skarmory: I like its design, especially its razor sharp wings and the red feathers.
Tropius: What a fun Pokemon! It's a dinosaur with some bananas on it. I liked flying around on a Pokemon like Tropius.
Absol: It's one of my top favorite Pokemon. I'm fond of Pokemon that have a feline or canine appearance. I really like how Absol's fur is shaped/cut and I like the blades on its head and tail.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom