• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Pokemon without an evolution? [No legendaries]

Sawk. Without a doubt.

He has good stats, you catch him early (In Black/White) and his design is lovely. I made up a rule where I need to catch one of these for my team. XP Also, he doesn't need an evolution or a pre-evolution, because he is fine the way he is~ He deserves more love!

Absol, it was the first Pokemon I ever liked. When I was a little kid I didn't really care much for Pokemon because I couldn't memorize all of the names, so I really only watched the movies because I thought they had cool ideas. When the Jirachi movie came out, I wasn't really impressed until I saw Absol come on to the screen and I immediately fell in love with the character. But I still didn't get into Pokemon until 6 years later when the Zoroark movie was released.

Absol, as it has a rather dark backstory, a good movepool, and I've grown to like its Mega, too.
I also really like Hawlucha, Heracross, Lapras, Zangoose, Kangaskhan, Wishiwashi, Mimikyu, Skarmory, Tauros, Oricorio-Sensu, and Sigilyph.

1. Heracross: Simple but strong design, I liked his role in the anime.
  2. Unown: Fantastic concept, they look cute.
  3. Wishiwashi: Great execution of his gimmick, I've always liked whales.
  4. Stonjouner: Very underrated. I like how he looks strong but absent-minded at the same time.
  5. Castform: Cute base form, and very cool concept.
Honorable mentions: Ditto, Seviper, Falinks.

1. Klefki - It's a cute little key ring, with a great type combination, and a fantastic movepool that makes perfect use of its Prankster ability. What is not to like??
  2. Spiritomb - One of my favorite designs. Despite it just being a regular old Pokémon, not a Legendary or a Mythical or anything, it's always felt somewhat "special" to me for some reason.
  3. Cryogonal - It's an oddball in pretty much every way, but that's exactly why I love it.
  4. Falinks - I know "multiple beings counted as just one Pokémon" is not a new concept in the slightest, but the way Falinks goes about it makes it feel unique. (Plus it's adorable.)
  5. Dunsparce - Dunsparce doesn't need an evolution, because Dunsparce is perfect just the way it is!
Some honorable mentions go to Carnivine, Shuckle, Mimikyu, Durant, and Solrock/Lunatone.

Lunatone: MOON ROCK! Yas! MOON!!

Seviper: The best snake. It's design, colors and all, are just sick. I love it so.

Indeedee: I love pokemon with easily noticed gender differences, and these two are just adorable little things. Croissant hair babies.

Minior: I just love its colorful variations. They're super cute and pretty. <3 Orange, Green, Blue, and Indigo cores are my favorite.

It's a Four-way tie for me:

Seviper: Always have loved serpentine/snake like Pokemon
Carnivine: I love It's derpy face and always will
Dedenne: Though it is a Pikachu clone, its a tiny chubby hamster so ya
Mimikyu: Although another Pikachu clone, I like how it wants attention but just drives it away which to me is very adorable

Edit: forgot to add falinks because it's the boys, so five-way tie.

Normally, I really don't like Pokemon that don't evolve. I see them almost as duds, since they don't have evolved forms to look forward to and let them get more powerful. However, there are a select group of 3 Pokemon that don't evolve (not counting Legendaries or Ultra Beasts,) that are some of my dearest favorites in the franchise.

Lapras: My all-time favorite Water type, and possibly Ice type as well. I've always loved the Transport Pokemon ever since I was a kid and saw Ash's for the first time. Something about its gentle nature, willingness to carry people across water, and its plesiosaur-like appearance just really speaks to me. :giggle:

Tropius: I've liked dinosaurs (especially sauropods,) ever since I was a kid, not to mention I looove things that can fly (and are big enough to carry a human in flight,) and Grass types with a brown-green color scheme. (Also Grass types that can learn Leaf Blade and Leaf Storm, my two favorite Grass type attacks.) So for me, Tropius is the total package, since it can do all of these things! :D (I just wish its offensive stats were better, though.....:cautious:)

Hawlucha: As you all might know, I quite like bird Pokemon, and even though I don't like human-like Pokemon very much, Hawlucha is thankfully more like a bird than a person. And, the combination of a luchador wrestler and a bird of prey just........works. There's just something so cool about Hawlucha. From the way it executes its moves, to it poses, and especially how it's a Fighting type that can fly (glide?) through, and even attack from, the air. (Love that! :bulbaLove:) Hawlucha is easily one of my favorite Fighting types, and one of my three favorites from Gen 6 overall.

I mean... It's really hard for me to choose one, but I guess I'll choose Unown for this answer. Its lore has always interested me, and it embodies 'power of friendship', which is pretty fun. Besides, it finally got its own signature move, and we love it for that XD :lapras:

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom