• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Pseudo Legendary

Favorite 600 BST, pseudo-legendary behemoth?

• Dragonite, the Dragon Pokemon

• Tyranitar, the Armor Pokemon

• Metagross, the Iron Leg Pokemon

• Salamence, the Dragon Pokemon

• Garchomp, the Mach Pokemon

• Hydreigon, the Brutal Pokemon

• Goodra, the Dragon Pokemon

• Kommo-o, the Scaly Pokemon

Results are only viewable after voting.
I do love several of the Pseudo Legendaries, but Dragonite has been among my favourite Pokémon for a long time, so I'll have to go with it. I used to get a Dratini as soon as possible in Soul Silver, and then level it up to 55 before the elite four. It took days, but I didn't care at all haha.

Hydreigon and Tyranitar is close though.

Honestly, I am not a huge fan of the psuedos. I love the concept, sure, and have used a few, and there cool, but there's not any that really stand out to me. I guess I would have to choose Goodra and Tyranitar as my top ones, Goodra because it's a slimy dragon and adorable, and Tyranitar because when I eventually obtain one I naming him Tater Tot

If it wasn't already obvious from my signature: Metagross and Salamence.

Last edited:
Metagross hands down! Its Mega looks amazing and badass. Its shiny coloration is actually decent for its generation and excellent until now. Plus, it packs a punch literally in the form of Meteor Mash in Pokémon Go! What is not to love about this Supercomputer?!

Dragonite... Such a cute, thick and harmonious dragon figure... Its stats feel genuinely complete with a perfect Attack, great Defenses and Dragon Dance to increase the inferior Speed. In addition to that, its wide movepool and Multiscale as hidden ability make it a pretty solid Pokémon.

Actually, I was tied between Dragonite and the Hoenn Steel/Psychic Pokémon... Decided to go with the former, however, only because I personally find Mega Metagross to be quite disappointing as it looks like two Metagross one over the other, especially when seen from behind.

This is hard cause I like all the choices. Though I'd have to say it's a tie between Dragonite and Metagross, for my top two at least. Dragonite cause I personally find it really cute looking, it kinda makes me sad to see a lot of hate for it though. And for Metagross it just has a really cool design, if I can I'll sometimes try to get one on a team, plus it's mega form is just as cool!

Hydreigon. It's a dragon with sockpuppet heads as hands, what more would you want :D

Liked for Wooloo UwU #TeamGarchomp

This is hard cause I like all the choices. Though I'd have to say it's a tie between Dragonite and Metagross, for my top two at least. Dragonite cause I personally find it really cute looking, it kinda makes me sad to see a lot of hate for it though. And for Metagross it just has a really cool design, if I can I'll sometimes try to get one on a team, plus it's mega form is just as cool!

In my opinion Dragonite hate is because Lance is TRASH. If he was anywhere near as good as the one true God Cynthia would be God tiet.

He is the best he got my vote and is my headcanon starter.
Garchomp is cool and really tough, but I like Gabite more ¯\(ツ)

Of all the pseudo-legendaries, the only ones that I wouldn't fully evolve, are Gabite and Dragonair.

Last edited:

Of all the pseudo-legendaries, the only ones that I wouldn't fully evolve, are Gabite and Dragonair.

Gabite I would definitely evolve, personally speaking. But I can totally get behind you with Dragonair. Its slender figure is just so awesome, and its shiny is superior than Dragonite's, in my opinion!

I like Gible the most OwO he is almost an exact copy of a fakemon I made in school in gen one. Think my Mum still has it.

Gabite I would definitely evolve, personally speaking. But I can totally get behind you with Dragonair. Its slender figure is just so awesome, and its shiny is superior than Dragonite's, in my opinion!

Agree really wish they’d have kept it serpentine Milotic like almost. I’d love a split evolution for the line possibly fairy/dragon.

In my case, interestingly, more often than not I seem to like the middle stages of the pseudos more than their final stages: Dragonair, Pupitar, Metang and Gabite. It’s not really applicable for the recent generations since I don’t really like Hydregion and Goodra line much at all. Kommo-o is definitely better looking than it’s pre evolution. The entire Salamence line is meh imo.

For me, this also applies to its Mega Evolution. Something about Salamence-M does not stick right with me. Looks odd at best.

I actually like it but only because I think Salamence looks kind of derpy but ai can see your point. I think if Dragonite was not this big “oof” pokémon for a lot of Gen 1ers he’d not be so popular.

I remember people actually screaming I had a dragonite during battles at recess in elementary school. It was an achievement and I only kept him because Lance had what 3? So I thought as the Champion I should have one.

My favorite is Metagross, because it looks cool and is the only one that isn't a dragon. My second favorite would be Hydreigon.

It's a shame that they become available so late game in their debut generations, I've never had the patience to raise either of them in-game because of it.

My favorite is Metagross, because it looks cool and is the only one that isn't a dragon. My second favorite would be Hydreigon.

We have the same first and second choice. Nice! Hydreigon is a personal favourite for me too because it reminds me of the Hydra, who I think is the coolest monster in Greek mythology to date.

Dragon/fighting is my favorite with Soundproof ,
Bulletproof(make ice shard and moonblast count in future as ones), Overcoat (haild and sandstorm teams)
and a sound dragon special move that when Z-move boosts stats. Also reminds me of Mortal Kombad and Havaian and Thai fighters.

Hmmm it only needs priority coverage or used wisely in a team play.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom