• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Route music

JFrombaugh

Reaction score
Which Routes have the best music, in your opinion?

My personal favorite Route theme from each region is:

Kanto - Route 1
Johto - Route 42
Hoenn - Route 120
Sinnoh - Route 209
Unova - Route 11
Kalos - Route 15
Alola - Poni Wilds (I know Poni Island doesn't technically have any Routes, but I've always liked this theme by far the best of the Island Route themes, it reminds me of Lillie every time I hear it)

Kanto: Route 24/25
Johto: Route 26/27
Hoenn: Route 113
Sinnoh: Route 216 (relatively speaking)
Unova: Route 11-15/18
Kalos: Route 15
Alola: Vast Poni Canyon

I love threads about the games' music. So my favorite routes are

Kanto- route 4 (and the other routes where it's used) this is one of my favorite tunes and is a classic by now! I especially love the anime version. Lovely.
Johto- route 26/27 pumps me everytime! it's also very nostalgic for me it can make me cry almost instantly. Good times
Hoenn- route 120 sounds very adventurous and it's really the only hoenn music I enjoy
Sinnoh-route 206 it's a perfect mix of exciting and comforting
Unova- route 10 (BW) it's my favorite piece of poke-music
Kalos- route 15/16 is just too epic.
Alola- route 6 I actually don't like any of Alola's route's music but if I had to pick one this is the less annoying for me

My favorite overall route music is Route 4 from X/Y. It is a very traditional sounding march, and I love it.

Otherwise, I really like Route 42 from G/S/C. The Kanto routes from that those games are great, too. There's just something about them, they're done so beautifully.

I don't think I could give a favorite route for each game. Like Especially D/P/Pt and S/M (and US/UM) don't have any memorable route music to me at all. Route 4 and 6 from Black/White are actually very classic Pokemon sounding, though, so they do stick out to me.

(I’m counting only the actual numbered routes for this)

Kanto:
Route 3 is legendarily good and probably the best, but I do have a huge fondness for Route 11.

Johto: Route 42. Routes 38 and 47 are very nice as well.

(I’m not sure whether Route 26 would count toward Kanto or Johto, but I do love that theme too.)

Hoenn: Pretty much a three-way tie between Routes 113, 119, and 120.

Sinnoh: Either Route 209 or Route 225. Honorable mentions for Routes 203, 205 (this is what first pops into my head when I think “route theme,” so clearly it set some kind of example with me), and 216.

Unova: Tough choice here. It’s a close race between Route 10 (cliché answer, I know), Route 11, Route 22, and Route 23. I thiiiiiiiiink... I’m going to say Route 11. I’ve got a lot of nice memories associated with that one.

Kalos: Route 8 is, I think, my favorite route theme from any game. Nothing really gives me a sense of grandeur and adventure quite as profoundly as that one. Routes 15 and 18 are really good too.

Alola: Not a whole lot of options, but I’ll say Route 4 (that is, the Akala Island routes).

Last edited:
Kanto: Route 3. Classic adventure music.
Johto: Route 29. Purely for nostalgia.
Hoenn: Route 110. Best route music ever. ORAS's version was nicely remade, but I prefer the original RSE version of french horns and trumpets filling the adventure atmosphere.
Sinnoh: Route 201. I find this music cute. It feels like going for a walk outside of town.
Unova: Route 2 and 6. All seasons. These two routes are full of energy to share, and I always got an image of a marching band. Route 10 is in close second mostly because I like the remix in Smash Bros.
Kalos: Route 15. So majestic, so epic.
Alola: Route 2. For the light and upbeat atmosphere.

Kanto: Route 11, it is cheerful and upbeat.
Johto: Route 29, for the same reason.
Hoenn: Route 119 and 110, because they convey the feel of adventure very well.
Sinnoh: Route 205 (again, adventurous and cheerful).
Unova: Route 10(it is sorrowful yet promising).
Haven't played any of Kalos and Alola games, so I have no idea which of their route themes are the best.

Hopefully the remixes for Gen 1-3 does count since I do enjoy them more for the most part.

Kanto: Route 11 from FR/LG. Also, this is more of Johto but honestly, I prefer this remix of Lake of Rage: Sevii Islands

Johto: Route 26 by far. Technically not a route but I also am a sucker for National Park. Also Route 3 is what I mostly associate Johto with.

Hoemn: Route 119 and Route 120 Don't know why, but it's the route music I enjoy the most in Hoemn. I think maybe it's the triumph mood that I'm getting from them.

Sinnoh: Route 201 (Night) - It's just a good first route music, probably the best first route music out of all the games. Also enjoy just as much are Route 209 (night) and Route 216 (night)

Unova: Honestly, didn't go through all the way. No opinion.

Kalos: Santalune Forest

Alola: Route 10

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom