• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Favorite season of Digimon?

Blaze-Boy

Avian lover
Reaction score
For those that watch Digimon, what is your favorite season/seasons of Digimon?
Mine is season 1, 2, and 3.

Digimon Adventure is the best for me, closely followed by the first half of Frontier.

Adventure > Frontier (first half only) > Tamers > Savers > Worst thing in the entire universe > Adventure 02. I've never watched Xros Wars.

Taking in account I've never finished Xros Wars, my favourite was Tamers. Though the "final boss" was...different, the characters and story were compelling and I liked the Digimon themselves a lot. All the other seasons are pretty decent, though.

I haven't watched Digimon in years, since Frontier actually. My favorite would have to be Tamers. I like the characters, the Digimon and the whole concept behind "biomerging" thing in the second half. Guilmon is one of my favorite Digimon. After that would probably be Frontier or Adventures 02.

A tie for Frontier and Savers for me in first place, then Adventures and Tamers. 02 comes last. I haven't watched Xros Wars.

Tamers by a long shot. I remember all the pre-Savers ones fondly (some moreso than others), but none stand out objectively (nor are embedded in my nostalgia as uniquely or firmly, I must admit) nearly as much as Tamers. There's just something delightfully eerie about it - "Evangelion for kids"? sure - not to mention that the entire premise (Digimon existing as a franchise within the world of the show) was a pretty clever way to tweak the preexisting formula. And then there's the great insert songs, the great characters, the fleshed-out backstory...

Gosh I just love that show so darn much.

(Adventure is second after that, followed by Frontier, then Adventure 02. I enjoyed Xros Wars while I watched it but I sort of fell off the wagon and never really got back on, for whatever reason. Something about Savers just sort of irked me.)

1st choice: Savers
2nd choice: Tamers

Though, when I watch back the anime nowadays, the show didn't flame my interest. I really hoped to get a truly splendid and well-writing story that will make me exciting for every episode that I watch.
Ah, and what I meant by "splendid", I hoped the battle scene could be those like the nowadays mecha animes.

1st choice: Savers
2nd choice: Tamers

Though, when I watch back the anime nowadays, the show didn't flame my interest. I really hoped to get a truly splendid and well-writing story that will make me exciting for every episode that I watch.
Ah, and what I meant by "splendid", I hoped the battle scene could be those like the nowadays mecha animes.

I'm guessing that's why Digimon Frontier(season 4) isn't that enjoyable....I mean I liked the first half of it and then after Cherubimon was defeated it's like Takuya and Koji was the only main characters. Not to mention the battle scenes in that season was too short... :/ (But that's my opinion ^_^)

Tamers is easily my favorite series. The main three characters were interesting, they had good development, the human and Digimon relationship was handled the best in this series, especially with Takato and Guillmon, and the storyline was really engaging. There were a lot of good fights and they threw in a lot of unexpected twists in the last couple of arcs. I also love the concept of the kids merging with their Digimon partners to reach their Mega form.

Adventure 01 would be second. It had a good cast of characters, each arc flowed into the next one pretty well and it was a solid first series. It peaked with the Myotismon arc with raising the steaks much higher with going back into the real world, but the last arc did a good job with ending the series on a satisfying note.

Xros Wars, not including Young Hunters, would probably be my third. I watched through the series in a few days, but I enjoyed it. The first half had a formulaic structure, but it worked well enough to where it wasn't too repetitive and it did have some pretty good battles. Taiki, despite being a Gary Stu, was pretty likable and even though his friends didn't have any Digimon of their own, were actually useful at times. Nene, at least in the first half, was pretty interesting and Kihara was a easily the most interesting character to me, especially during the second half of the series. The second half had a better storyline, good development for Kihara and while the finale was a bit too rushed for my tastes, it was a fairly satisfying one.

Frontier would be my fourth. At first, I didn't like the idea of a Digimon series where kids didn't have Digimon partners, but I grew to like the new concept fairly quickly. The characters were pretty decent and the first half provided a pretty enjoyable storyline. Although, after Cherubimon was defeated, Takuya and Koji were usually the only characters who could do something and the Royal Knight arc was just a chore to get through. It did end up with a good finale though.

Adventure 02 would be my fifth favorite. Despite most of the characters in the main cast being rather uninteresting and the writers clearly trying to do too much with all of the different ideas they put onto their plate during the course of the series, I thought that this was a fun series. After the Digimon Emperor arc, the storyline became more interesting and it definitely had more complex villains to help make the series more enjoyable to watch. While it's kind of a mess, it's an enjoyable kind of mess for me.

Savers would be my sixth. I liked how it was trying to go for something a bit different with older characters and a government agency that handled Digimon, but I don't think I enjoyed it as much as the other series. Most of the characters were okay, except for Yoshino who was just terribly bland, but Kurata annoyed me so much and part of the ending bothered me a bit. Still, it was a decent series, so despite being low on my list, I didn't think it was that bad. It just didn't appeal to me the same way most of the other series did. I haven't seen it in years, so I might feel different about it if I saw it again.

Young Hunters is easily my least favorite part of Digimon. I dislike it so much that I still pretend that it's a separate series, as opposed to an arc for Xros Wars. It's just completely unnecessary. It's like an extra couple of chapters for a book that already had a good enough conclusion. It felt like it was thrown in at the last minute and it really shows with its pacing, a lack of a storyline beyond fighting Digimon of the week episodes and the lack of a satisfying conclusion. It was just bad and to this day, I wish that they had given Xros Wars only an extra episode to show the characters saying goodbye to their Digimon friends and then a brief epilogue to show how they turned out instead of this arc.

1, 2 and 3 are the only Digimon sagas I ever really got into, but of those three, Tamers was easily the best developed and sustained in terms of both plot and character. Which did surprise me, because the whole notion of setting the series in the "real world", where Digimon existed as the franchise we were already familiar with, struck me as a rather odd and jarring gimmick at first. Once the story started unfolding upon its own terms however, it became very engaging, and the main cast felt generally better-rounded and more interesting than the majority of the Adventure cast.

I enjoyed Ken's redemption arc in Adventure 02, but then I'm a sucker for that kind of thing. The saga as a whole was just way, way too uneven for me to give it too many accolades, however. :p

I like Digimon Tamer since there Human Digimon Partner does something beside stand in sideline and letting the Digimon do all the Work.
And I like Digimon Adventure 02 for the ''Love Triangle'' between Devis , Kari and TK .
I also want a series like Digimon Tamer with a ''Love Triangle'' similar to Digimon Adventure 02.

To be fair I've only seen Tamers and 02 (they're in Japanese on Hulu), plus a bit of Adventure

Tamers was amazing! A bit gloomy at times, but handled the sense of "realism" and characterization very well. Maybe too well at times (poor Juri...)

I've been meaning to answer this for a while now. I've only seen Adventure ~ Savers. I never got into the XRos series. By that time, I'd lost interest. Anyway, I would have to say my favorite series was Tamers

Tamers was interesting. It was also a bit dark. I mean, an 11-year-old girl contemplating suicide (technically) is about as dark as you can get. We can thank the writer for that one. It was Konaka Chiaki. He also wrote that ep in Adventure 02 where Hikari was taken to the Dark World, and those Digimon wanted to breed with (*coughs*rape*coughs*) her to help create an army to go up against Dagomon. Dark and creepy. Lovely Mr. Konaka. Anywho, going back on topic, I also liked the fact that everything that went wrong was caused by human error, for the most part. The characterization was nice as well, and Jenrya and Ruki were never pushed aside for Takato's sake. Tamers, I felt, had the best balance when it came to their characters. The main characters were Takato, Ruki, and Jen and it pretty much remained that way for the entirety of the series. Of course the series had its flaws (Ryou, for example...he could've been handled better, imo), but it was okay.

After Tamers, I'd put Adventure/Adventure 02 next. I honestly always put them together since it's one big story anyway. I liked both series okay and compared to the other series, these two have the characters that I'm the most attached to. Also, unlike most, I didn't throw a hissy fit when the 02 series ended with the pairings. The main thing I wished, though, was that it would've gotten another season. There were things left unexplored, like Demon, for example. There were also some things I really did enjoy that I felt were realistically done. For example, Daisuke, Miyako, and Iori's reluctance to kill Digimon. I felt that was very realistic given their situation. The Adventure kids were in a situation where it was kill or be killed, the 02 kids never were. If things became too tough for them, they could always go home, come up with a strategy and then head back to the Digital World. The Adventure kids didn't have that luxury. They also never killed "real Digimon", just tower Digimon or whatever and even then, they mainly just had to destroy the towers, to get the controlled Digimon to come back to their senses. Why people had a gripe with that was beyond me.

Next, I'd have to go with Savers. I liked the concept of it. I also liked the fact that they used teens/adults this time around and dropped the, "You must be 12 or younger to have a partner" thing. I think the main thing I enjoyed about Savers was that it was a mix between the Adventure concept and Tamers. The main thing I disliked about Savers, though, is how badly Yoshino's character was handled. She had a lot of potential, but she was shafted too, even though she was the oldest, most experienced member of the DATs team. I didn't care for the ending much (since a sequel to that series would've been nice, if focused around Chika and Ikuto), but I will admit that the villain for Savers was a really good one with no regard for neither human life nor Digimon life.

My least favorite is definitely Frontier, which I've only seen in Japanese (just like all the other series), and I didn't care for it too much, mainly because it turned into the Takuya and Kouji show. It was annoying for me, since the other characters were majorly shafted. IMO, Kouichi should've gotten way more story on his character, especially given his background. I really liked his character. IMO, to make the story really "twisted", the writers should have killed him out. My other gripe with Digimon Frontier, was the fact that they were trying to get too many evolutions into the series, and giving them all (most) to Kouji and Takuya. This series suffered the most from "cheerleader syndrome", imo.

I will admit that the first part of the series was fine. It seemed a bit more balanced, but the second half, it's like the others didn't exist. It was all Takuya and Kouji.

Last edited:
I've seen Adventure and Adventure 02, and I prefer the former (though Adventure 02 does get some points for having more compelling villains).

But I've heard great things about Tamers, and can't wait to get to watching it.

I've seen Adventure and Adventure 02, and I prefer the former (though Adventure 02 does get some points for having more compelling villains).

But I've heard great things about Tamers, and can't wait to get to watching it.
I heard that Tamers (unlike the previous two series) had a decent dub. Not sure about it, though. Ironically, a bit into Adventure 02, turned me off from dubbed shows. The damage had been done in my view, even if the last few eps of Adventure 02 was done okay since Nimoy wasn't a writer for those set of episodes, I was told. Adventure is the only series I've seen the full dub of.

Ironically, you know how we don't really talk about the voice changes for the dubbed Pokemon eps? Well, on some Digimon boards, Nimoy is a taboo to talk about as it always goes into bashing of him by some of the fans, usually.

same for me
digimon adventure, digimon 02 and digimon tamers

I rewatched a few episodes of Tamers, and I'm going to say it ranks first for me. I wish they remade Tamers because the story was very good. Adventures and Tri is in close second. Savers goes third with Frontier. 02 is in last.

My favorites in order of most to least

(Note: I am completely biased toward the original Japanese version, as I had lost faith in the English dub a rather long time ago)
Tamers>Adventure>Frontier>Savers>Zero Two>Xros Wars

EDIT: I did not count Tri as a season because it is not a TV anime..

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom