• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Shiny?

Reaction score
Sorry if this already exists. My personal favorite is shiny Meinfoo (a bit biased), but I also like Rayquaza, Mudkip line, Swablu, and Spiritomb.

1614818551767.png

1614818594038.png

Definitely Shiny Ho-Oh. I don't know if this makes sense, but it's very meaningful that it is gold and silver. It's a nice touch. It definitely contributes to Ho-Oh's status as my favourite Legendary, besides it being the first one I caught. I wish Lugia had a similar shiny.

250.png

^ Ho-Oh is astonishing. I like Dedenne quite a bit too.

15 of my other favorites (no particular order):

HOME611_s.png

HOME556_s.png

HOME888C_s.png

HOME558_s.png

HOME652_s.png

HOME870_s.png

HOME845_s.png

HOME510_s.png

HOME709_s.png

HOME671_s.png

HOME795_s.png

HOME549_s.png

HOME500_s.png

HOME784_s.png

HOME685_s.png

Oh geez that's hard for me to answer since I typically don't care for shinies one way or another. I mean I have a few that I found at random but I only keep them for use as trade fodder. I think Shiny Gyarados is among my favorites just because it had a role to play in the main storyline of GSC and because red is a cool color.

Golduck, I just love this particular shade of blue.
I also really like Gyarados, Haxorus, Nidoking, Ninetales, Weezing and Houndoom.

Shiny Umbreon is my top favorite of all shinies at the moment
that adorable blue rings and the shiny yellow eyes

Last edited:
Spr_5b_380_s.png

so like, my favourite shiny ever definitely kinda fluctuates, but regardless of that, shiny latias is always near the top spot. her colours fit extremely well together and idk she just looks incredible. @_@ although to be honest, a lot of the yellow shinies (looking at you especially, azumarill) are also one of my favourites. yellow really is such a good shiny colour. ❤

I'm back to shout-out a few more of my favorite Shinies - today it's Bronzong, Haunter, Spoink, Spiritomb, and Roserade.
Spr_4p_437_s.png
Spr_4d_093_s.png
Spr_4d_325_s.png
Spr_4d_442_s.png
Spr_4p_407_f_s.png

These palettes really stand out to me, and some of them I almost like better than their regular colorations. (I mean, how cool is it that Bronzong's Shiny is green, just like how actual bronze turns green from age??)

I also still think Shiny Charizard is great, and it's mainly because of this piece of artwork by Ken Sugimori:
Pok%C3%A9mon_Gallery_Encounter_with_Shining.png

I remember I used to stare at this for ages, just marveling at how awesome it looked. :LOL:

Mienfoo looks so good! I really love that blue. <3

I have a lot of favorites, but mostly yellow shinies (in their sprite forms mainly, I feel they became a bit washed out/mustard-y when converted to 3D models) and pink ones. The Swablu line, Azumarill, Drifloon line, and Latias are absolutely gorgeous and I cannot get enough of looking at them.

altaria.png
azumarill.png
drifloon.png
latias.png

For pink, there are...a lot I love. Furret, Pachirisu, the Buneary line, the Mareep line, Dratini and Dragonair, and lots more tbh. So pretty!

pachirisu-f.png
furret.png
buneary.png
ampharos.png
dragonair.png

My number one has to be Autumnal Eldegoss, quite fitting as the leaves turn in my neck of the woods :)

E5507E19-85EE-4540-BA14-B91CC3E52EC2.png

Other shiny colors I care for are Indigo Blue (as seen on Tyrantrum, Amoonguss and Dusk Form Lycanroc) and Reddish Purple (as seen on Drapion and Toxtricity).

Charizard is a classic of course, and I have to give a shout-out to my favorite troll shiny Komala XD

B34BF8B5-B909-47EA-B72B-456A9941C852.jpeg

Shiny Umbreon is my top favorite of all shinies at the moment
that adorable blue rings and the shiny yellow eyes

I will second Shiny Umbreon as my favourite shiny.

Sadly still not got one yet. :(

Furret, Dragonair, and Vaporeon, forever and always. No particularly unique or interesting reason, I just love the colour pink and these palettes make all of them look ethereal and even cuter than their standard forms; Furret is particularly interesting IMO - what inspired them to go with a bubblegum pink-coloured ferret, lol?
furret.png
dragonair.png
vaporeon.png

Aside from that, I've also recently developed a fondness for shiny Dawn Wings/Dusk Mane Necrozma; their palettes are stunning and I really love how well they suit the lore/development of the Pokemon. Shame I don't like the actual Pokemon itself too much.

necrozma-dawn-wings.png
necrozma-dusk-mane.png

I like a lot of shinies, but my absolute favorite is shiny Ponyta! I've wanted one since I was a kid and I'm just so endeared to that little blue horse! Though shiny Vaporeon and Mightyena are also pretty high up there on the list, too. .

Spr_4p_077_s.png
Spr_4d_262_s.png
Spr_3e_134_s.png

Charizard, Sylveon, and the Rowlett line.
The latter is the first Pokemon I've ever not been able to accept the regular coloring of because the shiny is just so gorgeous though I feel as though I'm making my way there with Charizard.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom