• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Shipping Moments?

When Ash imagined Dawn getting attacked by an Onix and shouting "No need to worry!". Then, Ash's daydream stops, and he shouts "That's when I worry the most!".

Another favourite couple of shipping moments are from the episode, "Evolving Strategies!", where Dawn was quite sympathetic with Ash for his loss against Paul. First, Dawn softly says "Oh, no.". Nobody else spoke in that moment. Then, as Paul leaves, Dawn says "Oh, Ash.", just slightly louder, probably by a few decibels. I found these moments quite touching, as I have yet to encounter a couple of moments like these ones.

And, when Ash and Brock are leaving for Kanto, Dawn is a lot more emotional, and we can hear the magnitude of her emotions. Another quite touching moment.

I like the scenes Misty/Tracey share together in the specials and during her cameos in AG. Orangeshipping seems to be the direction the writers went in for Misty's character after the Johto arc (and after the near canon status of Amour, you know they abandoned poke in canon), so it's nice to see Misty get a "happy ending" with Tracey.

Tracey helping out around Cerulean Gym, giving her an Azurill which was the offspring of his Marill, and the way they interact together is fun. They say, "nice guys finish last" but Tracey seemed to get a goldmine with Misty. Orangeshipping is a very underrated ship, and it's probably Misty's intended canon show now anyway.

OTP: Pokeshipping

So many moments.

Ghost of Maiden's Peak, when Ash stares at Misty, clearly showing attraction and they dance.

Tower of Terror when Ash picks Misty up and plays with her and Misty is almost crying tears of relief when Ash returns to his body.

Any episode where Ash showed jealousy. The entirety of Revelation Lugia/Pokemon 2000. I could go on.

All the moments I remember from actual eps and amvs i've seen are good to me to be honest xD

In Origins, I find the moment where Red meets Reina to be an adorable one. Once she sees him, she basically runs towards Red, and she stops once she is at an arms len distance from Red. It looked like she was going to hug Red. Another Red and Reina moment: Right at the end of File 2, right after Mr. Fuji basically tells Red that his door is always open, Reina says "And come back again, ok?", and Cubone gives Red a nice, little, sendoff.

What I don’t know is, how does Reina know so much about Red in File 4? Are they in regular contact? Does she hear things through the grapevine?

Serena's kiss was a nice moment. As well as Angie blushing when around Ash, and that she was surprised that he was willing to risk everything for her, "even if that meant forever".

I have too many, so I'll just list (some of) my faves that I think about every now and then. There'll obviously be some notorious ones that I omit — the thing is, I just like being a contrarian. :p
EP063 (Battle of the Badge):
  • That one moment in this episode that everyone mentions.
  • But I'll raise you one better... when Ash is getting himself hurt by the electric damage mechanism, Gary is the only one who seems truly worried and tells him to stop!
    • And when he still doesn't give up, he's basically stunned into silence.
      • In the dub he remarks that maybe he can do it after all - but in the original, all he says is his name...
EP115 (A Tent Situation):
  • That time Brock was acting melodramatic every time he heard Ivy's name, but then Ash proceeded to do the exact same thing when somebody brings up Gary LOL
    • Ash: "I guess we'll never know what happened."
      Misty: "I know what happened. Brock liked Professor Ivy."
      Ash: "I liked her too."
      Misty: "Ash, sometimes you're as immature as Gary..."
      Ash: [sulks in the corner] "Don't mention that name...!"
      Misty: "C'mon, Ash, quit acting like Brock!"
EP266 (A Claim to Flame):
  • These few seconds which were entirely without dialogue — just after their conversation by the lake, the next day when Gary is waiting in line for the opening ceremony, he looks behind him to make sure Ash is in line too; and subsequently smiles when he sees him walk in.
    • And immediately after that, when Ash gets fooled over by the TRio and leaves the line, Gary gets concerned to the point where he follows to look for him!
JN068 (Advice to Goh):
  • I feel like 80% of this episode just consists of Gary being overly protective of Ash LOL. From basically telling Gou to downright back off, to instinctively saving him from not one but two different Pokemon's attacks.
  • Ash casually leaning over his shoulder to look at his phone... and startling him half to death (which is usually quite a difficult feat, might I add!).
  • That extended hand-holding that ended with a little lingering squeeze. :cry:
  • "He could've just said so. Gary never says what he means..." "[insert offended sneeze here]"
Oh, and while it's not from an episode, there was that official art of them together in tuxedo suits, which was alongside an interview with Yuko Kobayashi, where she described how she imagined each of them would be when they grew up and got married. WHAT. :confused:

I shipped Plainhive for years so seeing Masters throw me a bone during Johto Villain Arc is something I'll hold near and dear to my heart!!!

The Memory Link Elesa and Skyla have in BW2 is up there too.

Back
Top Bottom