• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Shipping Moments?

Reaction score
Okay, well, the title pretty much sums it up by itself. What's your favorite shipping moment(s) for your favorite shipping?
No bashing or hating on other ships, please. You can respect other ships and still love your ship, so...yeah. >:p

My favorite ship is Advance, so I'll do that. Umm...my favorite moment would probably be, like, all of movie nine, not just because of the Luvdisc, but for smaller hints, too, such as Jackie saying how Ash was the closest to May, instead of Max, who is her brother. So...yeah. There are lots of other hints, but those are the ones that come to mind first. :'3

Ah, well, my OTP is SommelierShipping, so I'll choose my favourite hint from those two. I'd say in Cabernet's debut episode lies my favourite, towards the end of the episode, when Dento stops her to tell her about her potential as a Sommeliere, to which she reacts by vehemently vowing that she'll improve and show him, however to her surprise, he replies that he'll be looking forward to it. She drops her gaze, blushes ever so slightly, then snarls and yells at him, sprinting away in fury and embarrassment. <3

well, my favorite shipping is pearlshipping, as a result cc11728b4710b912cdcc0067c3fdfc039245221d.jpg This scene from the Rise of Darkrai would always be my favorite

Last edited:
OTP=Advanceshipping

Therefore, since the OP already mentioned Movie 9, I liked the screenshot of May and Ash holding the time flower together.

My favorite pairing is Wishfulshipping, and my favorite moment would have to be:

Iris: DENTO YOU ARE SUCH A PAIN!
Dento: *drops hat and sulks for the whole battle* A pain....a pain...a pain...

Iris: ^^; Sometimes friends can be pains, *looks over at Dento* but that's what makes traveling fun, right Dento?
Dento: *perks up and runs over* fjolhgofhgghfaohgfag YEEES!~

<33

My ultimate OTP is GracefulShipping from the Pokemon Adventures manga.

My favorite moment between the two is the moment before they part ways to join the other Gym Leaders in fighting Groudon and Kyogre in Volume 20. Winona has just been given permission by the Pokemon Association director to go help in the fighting. Right when she's about to leave, Wallace says her name and she looks back. He extends his hand out, and after a moment of hesitation, Winona takes it. No other words are spoken, and they go off on their separate ways.

So sweet, so simple. It makes me smile every time I see it. :D

Last edited:
I am a hugeee supporter of Rocketshipping.There are literally hundreds of hints both in the anime and Manga,so I can't really choose one scene.But I just love the last reunion scene in the episode Holy Matrimony.Also whole of the episode Training Daze.

Among my favorites has been the whole scene between Paul and Dawn, where he actually opens up to her about why eh doesn't like Ash too much. The moment at the end of it when she was looking between Ash and Paul was so adorable.

Well I have lots of fav pairings so I'll just mention moments of the two pairings I like the most.

Palletshipping:-
-That scene in Battle of Badge where Ash had held Gary,who had fallen unconscious.
-In Power Play, when Gary had came to help Ash and others.
-All the moments during Silver Conference. When they were talking near the lake. And each of them having half of a Pokeball.
-When Gary had sent a postcard to Ash in Unbeatable lightness of seeing and then Ash had imagined talking to him.

Amourshipping:-
-The childhood flashback where Ash had helped Serena. Actually that entire episode was pretty Amourshippy now that I think of it.
-That moment in the dance episode where it had looked like they were almost going to dance together.
-And a lot of scenes from the episode where the two of them had fallen down a cliff.
-And obviously, Serena wearing Ash's clothes and looking super-cute in them!

There are lots more scenes for both these pairings, and also for other pairings which I like. But I just listed the ones I like and remember off the top of my head.

It's not in the anime or Adventures manga, I don't know if it has a name, and I'm not even an avid shipper in the first place, but I still totally ship Grovyle and Celebi from the PMD Explorer games. Just... see the last of Sky's Special Episodes for yourself.

I have two favorite ships, because I can't decide between them, so I'll do scenes for them both.

Pokeshipping - During the episode Ghost of Maiden's Peak they have a little festival and all where traditional japanese robes. Ash is surprised to see Misty in a beautiful pink robe. Ash just stares at her, clearly interested in what he sees, (which I think was one of the first moments Ash shows his potential feelings for Misty). Misty then asks him to dance, and the episode ends with them dancing together. It's quite cute and I loved this moment in the series.

Rocketshipping - From my favorite episode of the anime, Team Rocket and Ash's Group team up to get off the sunken ship. They are crossing a pit of fire on Bulbasaur's vines when James refuses to cross, clearly very scared. Jessie slaps him and tells him to get it together. She tells them they'll cross together and that she won't leave him. It's so sweet and you can clearly see that she does care for him. I love this scene everytime I see it.

For Agency (If you haven't finished Special's BW chapter, don't look):
The very end of the BW chapter, when Ghetsis seals Black into the Light Stone, with Black showing the plan to advertise White's company, asking if his debt is repaid, and White's entire reaction

KaraKaraShipping/VolunteerShipping - What I found was a cute moment between Red and Reina was their very first interaction. Red enters the Pokémon House, and asks if anyone is there. Now, just the way he phrases the question is awkward. Yet, Reina answers, through the door, "Yes!". She then goes to greet Red. But, just after she closes the door, she's basically running towards Red, and doesn't stop until Red finishes asking about what the Pokémon House is about. In my eyes, that little moment isn't something to just brush off. To the average viewer, it could be meaningless, but, in my eyes, there must have been something going on in Reina's mind, during those moments.

Marissonshipping - Mega Evolution special episode 3. After the Primals battle, Alain and Manon hug each other. This might not be romantic, but it certainly is at the height of the shipping, and shows how much they care for one another... which results in how the story goes afterwards.

When Ash got hit by Team Rocket's machine in front of Dawn, her immediate reaction was a strong one, especially since she didn't know him at that point. And, when Ash was climbing up Team Rocket's machine, Dawn just kept looking at him out of worry.

For me, while that's not necessarily a sign of "Me and him will get married" from Dawn's viewpoint, it's definitely a sign that she cares deeply for his well-being, and, in my opinion, it seems to be a quite strong shipping moment, nonetheless, kind of like if someone was silently praying for a romantic partner that they had known for a long, long time. I could be off my mark, but, it's just how I see it.

If I seem a little confusing about the shippings I support, I'm equally in favor of the following, as they all have their own strengths and weaknesses:

From the anime:
  • PokéShipping (Ash and Misty)
  • AdvanceShipping (Ash and May)
  • PearlShipping (Ash and Dawn)
  • KaraKaraShipping (Red and Reina)
  • QuestShipping (Jimmy and Marina)
From the games:
  • HoennShipping (Brendan and and May)
  • BurningLeafShipping (Red and Leaf)
  • HeartSoulShipping (Ethan and Lyra)
  • FortuneShipping (Lucas and Dawn)

Last edited:
From the anime:

LagomorphShipping: Buneary seeing Pikachu again in BW

PokéShipping: Various moments in Poké Ball Peril

AmourShipping: I haven't seen this moment yet, but when Serena gives Ash a kiss.

From the games:

ShiningsunShipping: The scene in the cave in Exeggutor Island

HoennShipping: The player's mom telling them to give the tickets to Brenden/May

Transceivershipping: Meeting in person for the first time, and the 11th call. Also, riding the Ferris Wheel.

Back
Top Bottom