• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Side-Game

shinysharpedo

Addicted to the internet
Reaction score
A side game is a game outside the main series. What's your favorite?
Mine has got to be XD. Shadow pokemon were awesome, plus XD001. That was great. Also this game has a great plot, too.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. The GBA one, cuz you can EVOLVE YOUR STARTERS.

Pokemon Ranger, for being, I dunno, fun. Could never get into the Mystery Dungeon series. Snap is overrated. Pinball was ok.

The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games, especially EoS (because of the Sky Jukebox). I also like the Ranger games, as well. Both games allow me to play Pokemon differently.

I would say Pokemon Ranger. It has a different approach that I love.

Take a guess. =b

Aside from Ranger (gasp) I liked the TCG too. I just wish it were more difficult and took more than, I dunno, four hours to beat.

The Gameboy TCG game was my one and only side game, and I really liked it.

Too bad it disappeared not long after I got it. :(

I really liked Pokemon Snap. my other favorites are Mystery dungeon, XD and Colosseum, and the stadium games. I never really liked any of the ranger games because I could beat them within a matter of 2-3 days.

My favorite is the Pokémon Ranger series, because it provides a different spin on existing with Pokémon.

Template:Main series begs to differ. Everything with the concept of Pokémon battling (and games that can directly trade with them as opposed to Pokémon one-way transferring) is main series. The end.
Oddly enough, the article on Main Series (which redirects to Version) has something different.

What makes a Pokémon game a "version", aside from the label on the box and game media, is the standard plot which is shared by all of them. The player begins the game in a small town, having no Pokémon of their own. Through a course of events, they will come into contact with their region's native Pokémon professor, who will then allow them to keep a starter Pokémon of their choice. The starter Pokémon is always one of a group of three, a Grass-type, Fire-type, or Water-type, and the character who will become the player's rival will choose or already have the Pokémon whose type is super effective against that of the player's choice. The sole exception to this is Pokémon Yellow, in which the player starts with Pikachu and the rival starts with Eevee.
It is at this point where the storyline of all nineteen diverge. The player is allowed to journey across the entire region, capturing any wild Pokémon they choose to, and using a party they assemble to take on the eight Gym Leaders of the region. Alongside encounters with both other Trainers and repeated interactions with their rival, a villainous team will arrive to cause trouble early on in the player's quest, touting plans to take over the world and sometimes capture legendary Pokémon to do their bidding.
After all eight Gym Leaders have been defeated, with each of their Badges allowing for the use of a specific HM move outside of battle (in the later games), the player can head to the Pokémon League, where the Elite Four and Champion await challengers. In regions other than Kanto, the first encountered region, the player will be required to climb waterfalls to reach their destination.
Though the game is technically over as soon as the player has defeated the Champion, the player's other task of completing the Pokédex remains (also obtaining the other badges in Generation II and HeartGold and SoulSilver in Generation IV). After this has been done (in Generation III and onward, on both the regional and national level), the player will receive a diploma from the Game Freak employees in the game. Starting in Generation III, a new task is added in order to fully complete the game: obtaining all Trainer card stars.

Snap & Puzzle League. I still play them often. :D

I got bored with Mystery Dungeon and I beat Ranger in like 3 hours (and then sold it back to GameStop).

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom