• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Anime Favorite Studio Ghibli Movie?

Good Bad Bug
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Mine is 耳をすませば Mimi wo Sumaseba (literally, If You Listen Closely), better known to U.S. and U.K. moviegoers as Whisper of the Heart. I can't help it, I love stories about young love.

How about you?

How is forever?
Reaction score
My favorite that I've seen so far is a tie between Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away. They were both so beautiful. Like a cross between a work of art and a flim. Howl's Moving Castle seems lighter while Spirited Away totally immerses you. Love 'em both.

Twitterpated
Reaction score
Mine would have to be SpiritedAway because of how absolutely imaginative it is, or Kiki's Delivery Service. I love how all the stories are so charming and well thought out.

Take the Stage!
Reaction score
My favorite that I've seen so far is a tie between Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away. They were both so beautiful. Like a cross between a work of art and a flim. Howl's Moving Castle seems lighter while Spirited Away totally immerses you. Love 'em both.
I'm the same! They're both amazing, and my two favorite movies.

Master Poffin Maker
Reaction score
Grave of the Fireflies hands down. It's so touching, and one of the best films to date to demonstrate the deep-reaching effects of the nuclear bombings. That and I'm a sucker for sad, tragic movies.

Reaction score
I've only watched one of them, though I doubt it'd ever change even if I saw all of them, but Spirited Away is my favourite. If that makes sense. ;-)

I'm the robot girl with the big glasses!
Reaction score
Hmm, good question, I have so many favorites. I will say though that the Ghibli film that left the biggest impact on me was Grave of the Fireflies, although I don't think I'd call it a favorite.

Favorite? Maybe... possibly Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. Maybe. That could change tomorrow though.

when you need more, have+
Reaction score
I think I tend to like all of them... but If I had to have a favorite... I would probably narrow it down to Castle in the Sky, Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and Princess Mononoke as they give me the fondest memories and inspirations.

Excelsior
Reaction score
There are a number of excellent films to choose from, but if I had to pick my favorite it would have to be Princess Mononoke.

Reaction score
Out of the two that I've seen... Princess Mononoke.
The other one's Spirited Away..I need to see more of those films...

Boring person
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/her
I haven't seen many, but I liked Spirited Away. I meant to see Ponyo in the theatres, but never got around to it and I don't think it's playing anymore.

hopelessly loves hyde
Reaction score
Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. They were both watched about seven times in one day. Separate days of course ^_^'

Strange is Relative
Reaction score
Spirited Away, but the more I watch it the more potential you see. I read somewhere tht Miyazaki realized the beta storboard would make the movie over three hours long. It kind of makes you wonder what's missing.

comes and goes like a ghost
Reaction score
Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away, totally. But I also like Kiki's Delivery service. Well, I like must all of them. (lol)

Reaction score
Well, like most people, Spirited Away but I also loved Howl's Moving Castle. It was actually a very good adaptation of the book.

Loud and clear, 524
Reaction score
I like Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle, although those are actually the only ones I've watched.

Well, like most people, Spirited Away but I also loved Howl's Moving Castle. It was actually a very good adaptation of the book.
Until a couple months ago, I didn't even know Howl's Moving Castle was an adaption. ^^;;

mientes
Reaction score
Miyazaki films. Castle in the sky <3 Spirited Away <3 Howl's Moving Castle <3
Definitely.~

I need to catch up!
Reaction score
Castle in the sky + Kiki's delivery service.

They're the only ones I've watched so far, so it's natural that they are my favorites. :XD: