• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Anime Favorite Studio Ghibli Movie?

Sig By Blue Dragon
Reaction score
I'm honestly torn between Princess Mononoke and Ponyo. I loved the story in both of them, and they both looked great. Kiki's Delivery Service was great too. Geez, I love all three of them.

Always helping Fatima
Reaction score
My 3 are

1.Ponyo(yet to see it but I know it'll be good)

2.Kiki's Delivery service

3.Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Long live Haruka (May)!
Reaction score
It's hard to pick just one as Miyazaki made a lot of excellent films. I had to pick just one though, it would have to be Princess Mononoke. It has beautifully done animation, epic soundtrack, and an excellent story about love, humanity, and the environment.

zel

take it slow, bro
Reaction score
Castle in the Sky ♥
But I gotta give mad props to Nausicaa, Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away [train scene=LOVE], and the always depressing Grave of the Fireflies. Man do I love my Ghibli films~~

Be afraid. Be very afraid
Reaction score
Oh noez!!! I can't decide between Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle! But, I think I'll go with Howl's Castle.

Painting the night sky...
Reaction score
Howl's moving castle

Spirited away

The Cat returns

I would like to see the rest.

★ Prince of Ampora ★
Reaction score
Princess Mononoke or Spirited Away.

I has a scarf
Reaction score
Ponyo, by far.

I absolutely love the art. And Fujimoto.

Reaction score
Well, like most people, Spirited Away but I also loved Howl's Moving Castle. It was actually a very good adaptation of the book.
I love Howl's Moving Castle, the book and movie. But I thought they changed a lot from the book, especially the end, making the movie a little more confusing. I still enjoyed the movie though.

I also love Princess Mononoke, it's a great story.

Often equalled. Never bettered.
Reaction score
I have a top five.
1. Arrietty
2. Kiki's Delivery Service
3. Spirited Away
4. Howl's Moving Castle
5. Princess Mononoke
Only missing out are Ponyo, Whisper of the Heart and My Neighbour Totoro.
Hate Pom Poko though. I can't stand it.

Reaction score
A tie between Porco Rosso, Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke.

someone in the dark
Reaction score
I love just about all of them (yes, even Tales from Earthsea had something going for it), but my favourite is definitely Whisper of the Heart (Mimi o Sumaseba). It's a rather different Ghibli film in that it isn't a lavishly-fashioned epic fantasy, but a down-to-earth story about a Tokyo schoolgirl taking her first steps toward coming of age. I appreciate the epic beauty of Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle as much as the next person, but Whisper of the Heart has a lovely, quiet charm which I find even more delightful (Seiji's methods of courting Shizuku admittedly do lean toward the stalkerish side, but it still manages to be charming in context).

In fact, the first time I saw The Cat Returns I felt disappointed, because I had previously been mislead into thinking that it would be a film based on the story that Shizuku was writing in Whisper of the Heart (that I would have loved to have seen). On my second viewing I was able to appreciate Cat more for what it actually was, and now I do like that one too (albeit not nearly as much as Whisper).

I also give honourable mention to Pom Poko, which I affectionately refer to as "The Raccoon Testicle Movie". (And yes, I know that raccoons and tanuki are not the same - blame the dub for not caring to distinguish).

Last edited:
Boring person
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/her
GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES

my favourite Hayao Miyazaki one is Kiki's Delivery Service :)

but seriously

GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES

world.search(you);
Reaction score
Definitely Howl's Moving Castle. It was the first Studio Ghbili film I ever watched, and even after watching the majority of the movies now, it's still my favourite. Though I prefer the book, the film was still a brilliant adaptation of it, if only failing to keep many of the Welsh aspects within the book in the film. The story got a bit confusing at times but the characters are lovable and the artwork for it is just spectacular. I do, however, also like Whisper of the Heart, Nausica and the Valley of the Wind, Spirited Away and Ponyo.