• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Favorite Studio Ghibli Movie?

Probably either Princess Mononoke or Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. I honestly can't choose between them. I also love Porco Rosso and Howl's Moving Castle.
Oh what the hell, I love all Studio Ghibli movies!

Hard choice, my favorites are Princess Mononoke, Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and The Wind Rises. Obviously I can't choose one, I like all their movies.

Because it was my first Ghibli movie that I remember watching, Spirited Away was my all-time favorite. I really liked other movies like Ponyo, Grave of the Fireflies, Howl's Moving Castle, Secret World of Arrietty, and From Up On Poppy Hill.

...then I saw Kiki's Delivery Service and immediately fell in love with it. <3 Actually thinking more on it now, Poppy Hill and Kiki are both favorites of mine.

Initially, it was a toss up between Kiki's Delivery Service and Porco Rosso. After seeing the Wind Rises, that has become my favourite. It really was a history lesson for me, as my Japanese school of two decades ago didn't teach too much about the individual lives. The movie (and for the matter, my visit to the Showa-kan museum when I was briefly back home in Tokyo last year) probably taught me more about some of the costly consequences of WW2 than my history class.

Castle in the Sky, definitely (can you tell? :bulbaWave:). A close second would be My Neighbor Totoro

But I love almost every single Ghibli film, they're all so special in their own way. The only ones I'm not too big on are Tales from Earthsea, My Neighbors the Yamadas, Ocean Waves, Pom Poko, and, having watched it last week, Earwig and the Witch (disregarding the subpar 3D animation, it was also just a mess storywise, unfortunately).

My top three would be "Whisper of the Heart", "Ocean Waves" and then "From Up On Poppy Hill". :love:

As you can see, I lean very heavily towards the more grounded drama films. Though that's not to say I dislike the fantasy ones.

My absolute least favourite would have to be "Nausicca of the Valley of the Wind". Terrible film. :sick:

My absolute favorite is Princess Mononoke. Spirited Away and Tale of Princess Kaguya are also up there.

My personal favorite is When Marnie is There which is probably an unlikely choice. I've seen at least twenty times and I've bought the book it's based off as well since I enjoy so much.

Second-favorite and personal favorite Miyazaki film is Princess Mononoke, San is still one of my favorite anime characters.

Third-favorite is Whisper of the Heart.

I know that is a weird collection of favorites.

My top 5 are:
  1. Princess Mononoke
  2. Spirited Away
  3. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
  4. Castle in the Sky
  5. The Wind Rises

Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi (Spirited Away), without any doubt!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom