• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Anime Favorite Studio Ghibli Movie?

Lovely
Reaction score
Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. Haku and Howl are my fav anime characters from Ghibli :D

Fluffy with 80% more spots!
Reaction score
I love Kiki's Delivery Service! It's one of the most charming movies I've ever seen. <3

Reaction score
Probably either Princess Mononoke or Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. I honestly can't choose between them. I also love Porco Rosso and Howl's Moving Castle.
Oh what the hell, I love all Studio Ghibli movies!

Let's go hunting
Reaction score
Hard choice, my favorites are Princess Mononoke, Kiki's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and The Wind Rises. Obviously I can't choose one, I like all their movies.

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
Top four favorites:
1. Whisper of the Heart
2. When Marnie Was There
3. The Tale of Princess Kaguya
4. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Least favorite: Pom Poko

「目を欺く」
Reaction score
Because it was my first Ghibli movie that I remember watching, Spirited Away was my all-time favorite. I really liked other movies like Ponyo, Grave of the Fireflies, Howl's Moving Castle, Secret World of Arrietty, and From Up On Poppy Hill.

...then I saw Kiki's Delivery Service and immediately fell in love with it. <3 Actually thinking more on it now, Poppy Hill and Kiki are both favorites of mine.

Prime Minister of Shoyo 昇陽国内閣総理大臣
Reaction score
Initially, it was a toss up between Kiki's Delivery Service and Porco Rosso. After seeing the Wind Rises, that has become my favourite. It really was a history lesson for me, as my Japanese school of two decades ago didn't teach too much about the individual lives. The movie (and for the matter, my visit to the Showa-kan museum when I was briefly back home in Tokyo last year) probably taught me more about some of the costly consequences of WW2 than my history class.

Boku ga Kira da
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He / Him
Castle in the Sky, definitely (can you tell? :bulbaWave:). A close second would be My Neighbor Totoro

But I love almost every single Ghibli film, they're all so special in their own way. The only ones I'm not too big on are Tales from Earthsea, My Neighbors the Yamadas, Ocean Waves, Pom Poko, and, having watched it last week, Earwig and the Witch (disregarding the subpar 3D animation, it was also just a mess storywise, unfortunately).

Reaction score
My top three would be "Whisper of the Heart", "Ocean Waves" and then "From Up On Poppy Hill". :love:

As you can see, I lean very heavily towards the more grounded drama films. Though that's not to say I dislike the fantasy ones.

My absolute least favourite would have to be "Nausicca of the Valley of the Wind". Terrible film. :sick:

Lass Amy
Reaction score
My absolute favorite is Princess Mononoke. Spirited Away and Tale of Princess Kaguya are also up there.

"Live... and be free"
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/him/they.
My personal favorite is When Marnie is There which is probably an unlikely choice. I've seen at least twenty times and I've bought the book it's based off as well since I enjoy so much.

Second-favorite and personal favorite Miyazaki film is Princess Mononoke, San is still one of my favorite anime characters.

Third-favorite is Whisper of the Heart.

I know that is a weird collection of favorites.

Pokémon Fan
Reaction score
My top 5 are:
  1. Princess Mononoke
  2. Spirited Away
  3. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
  4. Castle in the Sky
  5. The Wind Rises

Hmmm what are these creatures and do I splat them?
Reaction score
  1. My neighbour Totoro
  2. Spirited away
  3. Kiki's Delivery service

Lammy Azzabelle - TS' Branch 13th Soldier
Reaction score
Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi (Spirited Away), without any doubt!

"Betcha can't tackle me!"
Reaction score
Mononoke is the only one I've seen and I doubt anything can top it. Heck, it might be my favorite movie, period, but I need to see it again. I do wanna try and see Totoro tho.