• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite system?

Favorite System(s) to play Pokemon on

• Game Boy

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • N64

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Game Boy Color

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • GameCube

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Game Boy Advance

Votes: 16 34.8%
  • DS

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • Wii

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
Definately the DS, mainly for it's backlit screen. I hated having to sit next to a lamp whenever I played on the GBC+GBA. Plus, I love the graphics the DS puts out.
The only thing I dislike about the DS is the lack of backwards compatibility with pre-GBA titles. But it's not too big of a deal because I can play Red/Yellow/Crystal on my N64.

DS all the way. I was late enough into the game that the oldest console I have is the N64 that was bought 5 years ago at a garage sale for 10 bucks (and it works perfectly), and the oldest gameboy I've got is the GBA SP, so that I never had to worry about backlighting. But the DS outclasses that by far.

Imma have to go with the DS because it's easy to pause the game by closing the screen, and it has the back-lit screen.

DS is my favorite. The big screens and backlighting make it so easy to play, and 4th gen games all look so good to me. I also like the GBA, because it was so portable, yet very powerful for its size. I remember when I got it I was so shocked they could fit so much on to such a small game pack.

Consoles never worked well with Pokémon, aside from the occasional Stadium-type amusement. The older handhelds have nostalgic value, but without rose-tinted glasses, the DS is, as of the present, the ultimate Pokémon machine.

The Nintendo DS is the best option to play Pokémon and portable gaming, in general.

N64 - NOTHING HAS CAME CLOSE TO THE STADIUM GAMES FOR ME!!

They allowed you to play the GB games without owning a Gameboy, ah those were the days.....

Ds, mainly because of the backlight. Touchscreen is also cool.

The GBA comes in second because of nostalgia.

Game Boy is the coolest brick ever

I would say GBA SP, or possibly Gamecube because of it's main games and the player, but..DS.

It has my favorite Pokemon games.

DS is the best, GBA is the second, PC and my mobile phone with the emulators are the third best option (only for games I don't have as cartridges, or I can't have, like ShinyGold).

My favorite system for Pokèmon so far is the Game Boy Advance, well above the DS and Wii. The N64 is a distant second.

The DS Lite is good cause you have dual shot features,wi-fi etc,, but DS doesn't have my favourite games.
I also LOVE the GameBoy/Colour, for the original games. Besides the original games are my favourites anyway. GBA, well no, I don't really like the gba at all.
Emulators I play on those for glitch/hacking fun ^-^.
..Hmm Maybe I should of just chose gameboy, but oh well gameboy and ds is a tie so I just had to choose one.
Pokemon Blue is the bomb

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom