• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Theme Song?

The English Master Quest and Battle Frontier themes, by far. The original English one still makes me want to bash my head against the wall, and I know nothing of the Japanese themes barring the awesome Battle Frontier one.

For dub songs, I've always liked the Johto theme, We Will Be Heroes and Unbeatable. For Japanese themes, I like almost all of them - no, wait, all of them - but favourites would have to be Battle Frontier, Kaze no Message, Hajimari no Uta (movie theme), and... eh, it's too hard to choose.

A Whole New World - Johto. (Those doo-doo-doo's were so catchy!)
DP Galactic Battles opening. Just an all-round good song.

Could someone post a few links to the eng openings on MP3- the full versions if you can (or PM them to me)?

Ontopic: My favourites are the eng openings of Master quest, Advance, Advanced battle and Galactic battles.

So hard, so hard. The first one, cause it's the first, and you know, nostalgia. Then Born to Be a Winner, and the theme for Master Quest.

English Songs:
-Pokemon Theme
-Pokemon Johto
-This Dream

Japanese Songs:
-Mezase Pokemon Master
-The Rivals

Last edited:
My top favorite dub themes:

1. Born To Be A Winner (I love both the TV theme and the movie version)
2. Unbeatable (Advanced Battle theme)
3. I Believe (Master Quest theme)
4. Johto Journeys theme/A Whole New World
5. This Dream (Advanced Challenge theme)
6. I Wanna Be A Hero (Pokemon Advanced theme)

Dub themes I like a lot, but not enough to make my top faves list:

1. Pokemon World (Orange Islands theme)
2. Pokemon Theme (Season One theme)
3. Stand Up (Galactic Battle theme)

You know, I think the only ones I don't like are Diamond and Pearl, with Orange Islands Theme as a runner up.

The rest (except the new one) I know by heart.

I honestly love them all!

The only ones I would be able to say that I don't like as much as the others are:

1. the pokemon chronicles one: "gotta-catch-em, gotta-catch-em, gotta-catch-em ALL! POKEMON! P-O-K-E-MON (partaaay)"...that one. Hate that one.

2. this dream.

All the other ones I really love.

you didn't like this dream? I thought it was pretty good. Catchy tune. Short, but catchy.

What did you not like about it?

I dunno really, just didn't like the song as much as the other ones. It's not bad, the only song I really disliked was the Chronicles theme, but This Dream just didn't tickle my fancy for one reason or another.

fair enough. I didn't like Diamond and Pearl or Chronicles or Orange Islands. Their tunes just threw me off.

Yeah, I don't like the Diamond and Pearl theme either. It's the only Pokemon theme I don't like.

I like the Battle Frontier theme, but it's way too short, so I don't care for it much (even the full version on the Pokemon X soundtrack is too short, in my opinion).

Yeah, I don't like the Diamond and Pearl theme either. It's the only Pokemon theme I don't like.

I like the Battle Frontier theme, but it's way too short, so I don't care for it much (even the full version on the Pokemon X soundtrack is too short, in my opinion).

Oh i forgot about that one. That's the one that sort of sounds like a rap right? i don't really like that one as much as the others either.

My favorite English theme is the original, but I do enjoy the Pokémon Advanced (season 6) theme somewhat as well. It's more unusual than the rest.

You know, I think the only ones I don't like are Diamond and Pearl, with Orange Islands Theme as a runner up.

The rest (except the new one) I know by heart.
Actually, I agree mostly, but I'm not exceptionally fond of Battle Frontier and Unbeatable, either.

Edit: Ah, I forgot about Pokemon Chronicles. I guess I wasn't really counting that abomination, but as long as we're acknowledging it, then it'd probably have to be my least favorite besides Diamond & Pearl.

Last edited:
Well, I stopped watching after season two, so the first two would be the only ones I know. But the first one is especially catchy, I think it's definitely my favorite.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom