• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite thing to do in Pokemon games

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. Refer To Profile
Im curious as to what other people here like to do in the Pokemon games. Whether it's battling gym leaders, elite 4, filling the Pokedex, trading, shiny hunting, you name it, Im sure everyone has something they really like to do. Share what those favorite things are and why you like them.

My favorite things are collecting Pokemon and shiny hunting. I used to be really obsessed with shiny hunting and spent a lot of time trying to get them. My interest is somewhat waned but I still like shinies and plan on more hunts when I can get the Shiny Charm.

For me, it's shiny hunting. I love trying to RE or breed for shiny Pokemon. I spend a lot of time post E4 trying to get me some, whether by luck or my best laid plans. I can barely wait to go on a Masuda run when I get that Shiny Charm in Black 2!

I like training as much Pokémon as possible, I don't care about tiers and competitive battling, but I just like raising them and fighting with them.

I like breeding and EV training. Trying to get great IVs and the right natures and EVs on random Pokemon is fun, even if I won't ever use them in battle.

I like catching Ratatas in G/S/C/HG/SS and calling them No.1 and fighing youngster Joey with them. I know I can't annoy him, It is just hilarious when he says that his rattata is in the top percentage when yours is No.1!

I always enjoy doing the various things which enhance your Trainer Card. I feel like I have many different goals which I can work on at once, and eventually I accomplish most of the things you can in the game! Other than that, I am an avid battler. I used to collect event pokemon, but with the advent of mass cloning, it no longer feels awesome having so many events. I RNG quite a bit, though not on Black 2 due to the breeding glitch. So, I have many shinies and enjoy collecting them as well!

My absolute favorite thing would have to be the Battle Subway/Frontier/etc. though. I love the in-game challenge, and it keeps me going for a long time!

Rental battles :) I really love how the PWT have rental battles in their criteria. The Battle Factory had always been my fav frontier facility because I can rent any pokemon I want - and the PWT having that feature is excellent XDD

In the recent games. Audino-hunting with lucky egg equipped, my favourite game. xD

I like breeding and trading. I like looking at all the Pokemon in my boxes. When I have the time, I give some copies away since I hardly use the Pokemon. I just like breeding them, lol.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom