• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Ultra Beast for US/UM

Which Ultra Beast line is your favorite?

• Total voters

UnovaForever

Reaction score
I was not a huge fan of some Ultra Beast designs at first but immediately loved Kartana and grew to love Nihilego. Xurkitree is pretty ok in my book. I have never liked anthropomorphic designs, so Buzzwole and Pheromosa are some of my all time least favorite Pokemon. When US/UM came out I was immediately impressed with Poiple having some cool designs with the blue eyes and mouth with purple body. Naganadel became one of my all time favorites once it was leaked.

Which line is your favorite? What are your reasons? What do you not care for?

There was a thread like this a long time ago, but it didn't have US/UM updates.

I resent the UBs for being so utterly amazing that I love all of them too much to ever compile a Top Ten Favorites that isn't mostly just them.

But Xurkitree especially is one of the most brilliant designs I have ever seen.

Second Place would go to either Nihilego or Stakataka.

While some of the designs are actually really cool, I was very disappointed with the implementation of the UBs. They could have made a whole bunch of otherworldly Pokémon with really unique designs to use during your game. And instead we got like ten obnoxiously OP wannabe-legendaries. And the worst part? They’re allowed in competitive. I’m so sick of running into Pheremosa online because it’s so fast and powerful. They should’ve all gone the Poipole route, and been an actual evolutionary line instead of just legendaries with different names.

I really love Kartana. Such a tiny creature with a huge attack stat. Being based on origami is neat too, I was waiting for an origami Pokemon

Nihilego (parasitic crystal jellyfish), Blacephalon (trippy clown that throws its head as a firework), Poipole (kawaii baby alien), Stakataka (jenga blocks with eyes everywhere that manages to be good despite a bad typing) are all awesome too.

The only UBs I don't really care for are Guzzlord, Pheromosa and Xurkitree.

While some of the designs are actually really cool, I was very disappointed with the implementation of the UBs. They could have made a whole bunch of otherworldly Pokémon with really unique designs to use during your game. And instead we got like ten obnoxiously OP wannabe-legendaries. And the worst part? They’re allowed in competitive. I’m so sick of running into Pheremosa online because it’s so fast and powerful. They should’ve all gone the Poipole route, and been an actual evolutionary line instead of just legendaries with different names.

I do admit that I don't like how all of them (bar Poipole line) are single stage and on legendary stat level. Getting more evolving lines and ones that are a bit weaker would have been great.

Stakataka is amusing. I love cyclops, buildings and the grey/blue combination.
Kartana has strange colors, but the idea of something small and badass is cool.
I like how Guzzlord references black holes, and has a very striking and memorable design. I like his bizarre shape, his demon head and his pincers.

Stakataka is amusing. I love cyclops, buildings and the grey/blue combination.
Kartana has strange colors, but the idea of something small and badass is cool.
I like how Guzzlord references black holes, and has a very striking and memorable design. I like his bizarre shape, his demon head and his pincers.
Wow, I feel dumb. I didn't realize that Guzzlord was supposed to reference black holes. I suddenly appreciate its design so much more!

I voted for Stakataka, but it's really a tie between it and Poipole. Stakataka is fun to say, has a great design, and destroys everything under Trick Room, while Poipole is just so adorable and unique compared to the other Ultra Beasts, while still having plenty of alien elements, especially in its evolution.

Buzzwole gets an honorable mention because it still cracks me up every time I see it.

I voted for Stakataka, but it's really a tie between it and Poipole. Stakataka is fun to say, has a great design, and destroys everything under Trick Room, while Poipole is just so adorable and unique compared to the other Ultra Beasts, while still having plenty of alien elements, especially in its evolution.

Buzzwole gets an honorable mention because it still cracks me up every time I see it.
Even though I'm not a huge fan of Buzzwole, I still find how it flexes at everything to be hilarious as well. Stakataka is just so alien and weird but still unique and awesome.

Nihilego, I like it design-wise better than the rest of the Ultra Beasts. Pheromosa, Kartana, Stakataka and Naganadel are alright, but not amazing. Buzzwole, Guzzlord and Blacephalon creep me out, though.

I really dislike them all. I was hoping for things not of this world (because for me jellyfish, mosquitoes, origami and clowns are things of this world) they are all pretty unappealing to me. The only one I am sort of warming up to is Poipole (because of the anime, it seems cute) and its evolution seems alright.

Poipole, because it reminds me of a St Petersberg spire and has a cool tail, and Xurkitree because it's a lanky weirdo.

Buzzwole is pretty shredded, but... yeah. Really not for me outside of comic value. xD

Kartana! It's one of my favourite Pokemon. I love it's design, it's typing, and I think it looks super cute.
Xurkitree and Celesteela are other UBs I'm a huge fan of.

I like most of the UBs, but Poipole/Naganadel is the best among them imo. Poipole is now my favourite Poison type, and I love using Naganadel on Showdown.

I like most Fire types (that are not Fire/Fighting), so I liked Blacephalon right at the time of its reveal. It’s white colour scheme and the fireworks theme is nice.

Kartana, the literal paper cut Pokemon. It has a great type, and I love sweeping teams using its attack Beast Boost. I also like it very much design-wise.

My favorite UB? Let's see, there's so many to choose from. Thinking. Thinking...

I don't like any of them. Their design is wonky, their stats are centered around one thing, they're annoying to find and their world much resembles an unfinished blueprint, especially factoring in the white grid lines over blue space. Guzzlord should eat all of them and eat himself. :3

It's hard to really say.

Poipole is the cutest while Naganadel has the best design and stat wise is the best out of all of the UB even if he has a lower bst.

Nihilego being the more terrifying of the UB due to how unlike the other's it is one of pure instinct that cannot really be reasoned with; in addition it's venom can make you go crazy!

Then there is Guzzlord who has an awesome design, an easy to grasp back story (In fact this guy has nothing but lore!) But his use in battle is limited even with drain punch from a move tutor.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom