• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Favorite Ultra Beast?

Favorite Ultra Beast?

• Nihilego

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Pheromosa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buzzwole

• Xurkitree

• Celesteela

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Kartana

• Guzzlord

• Poipole

• Naganedel

• Stakataka

• Blacephalon

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
powerrrrr!
Reaction score
Ultra Beasts. You either love them, or hate them, or you don't really care. Which one is your favorite? Want to share your list?
my list is
1. blacephalon. firework clown that explodes its own head? awesome
2. celesteela. super pretty, and i like the reference to the folktale.
3. guzzlord. a black hole dragon. super cool
4. poipole. fucking adorable.
5. nihilego. i love jellyfish, and this one is really pretty.
6. stakataka. a giant moving building. why do i like it? idk.
7. kartana. an origami sword thing. cool ig.
8. xurkitree. i'm kinda indifferent to it. it looks cool though.
9. naganedel. feels like a bit much. poipole is much better.
10. pheromosa. it just looks ugly to me. i don't get how it's supposed to be beautiful.
11. buzzwole. i hate mosquitoes, and making it buff just makes it uncanny.

cute patootie
Reaction score

absolutely no arguments. it's so, so cute! Poipole is in my top 5 favorite Pokémon and I love it so very much. ;_;

how we so, chasing gold
Reaction score
1. poipole
2. nihilego
3. celesteela

top 3 ultra beasts everyone else i feel mostly meh about, except xurkitree because i like how it dances

Sulfuric Shell
Reaction score

My favorite would have to be Naganedel. As for my rankings:
  1. Naganedel
  2. Kartana
  3. Nihilego/Xurkitree/Stakataka
  4. Remaining UBs (these I'm so neutral about that I can't really rank them)

the other captain toad
Reaction score
Blacephalon for me. The head-bursting thing is so hilariously morbid to me that I can't help but giggle at it.

Reaction score
1-Blacephalon: it’s so goofy and full of personality that I can’t help but love it. It has some mean spirited gimmick that I find quite amusing too.

2-Naganadel: I always liked it, but found it a little clunky until I saw Ash’s one animated. Great design, impressive stats and moveset.

3-Stakataka: It’s a weird pick for top 3, but I find a tower of sentient bricks shaped up into a colony like a portuguese caravel incredibly interesting. I headcanon that it can change its shape as well, making it even more fun to me.

4-Xurkitree: this thing is a mess that really sells the alien concept. A Christmas tree made out of cords and wires is incredible.

5-Poipole: it’s cute, it’s a creative concept, it’s a fun twist on a starter pokemon of sorts. I like it!

6-Guzzlord: oh the sweet sweet dark lore. It’s the most intimidating, I reckon.

7-Nihilego: again, it really sells that alien invader feel. That said, it’s kinda meh, even if the anime made it look and move more interestingly. Bonus for story relevance, I suppose.

8-Kartana: I love the concept, but this thing just looks... weird. I can’t figure out how it would even move.

9-Pheromosa: it, again, feels alien, but I don’t really like its design and pheromones trait. Besides, Tsareena is the superior diva.

10-Buzzwole: I’m brazilian. We don’t have a healthy bond with these dengue fever needles around here. Besides, it looks horrible.

Call of Fate
Reaction score
Nihilego, it is both creepy and elegant. I also like Naganadel, Pheromosa, Kartana, Celesteela and Stakataka.