• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favortie Gym Shippings?

Reaction score
Not only do we ship the main characters, but we ship the gym leaders as well!
I'd have to say I like Fatherlyshipping, MossShipping, ShockingShipping, and GracefulShipping.

What are your favorites? Remember, this thread is for gym leaders, and gym leaders only.

Last edited:
Omertashipping (Chili and Cress, OTP and also it has its own thread here for those interested~)
Hottieshipping (Morty and Brawly)
Poshshipping (Burgh and Will)
Frostedglassshipping (Chili and Brycen)
Sighshipping (Bugsy and Tate)
Earlyshipping (Bugsy and Falkner)
Maplesyrupshipping (Cilan and Burgh)
Estuaryshipping (Shizui and Cress)

And I'm sure there are more :>

-Sommeliershipping (CilanxBurgundy)
-CertainMiracleshipping (CressxElesa)
-Candycornshipping (BurgundyxChili)
-DiscoPanicshipping (Cilan/Cress/ChilixElesa)
-Jetlagshipping (CressxSkyla)
-Caferoshipping (CilanxElesa)
-FrostedGlasshipping (ChilixBrycen)
-HeitnerShipper (CilanxDr.Zager)
-Limefilletshipping (CilanxHis StunFisk)

Etc. I find half of these so weird though. XD

I don't have very many of these, but...

Split (Clay x Elesa): [reasoning taken from my shipping list, lol]
I’m probably one of the few people in the world that ships these two, but I can’t help it; I ship it pretty hard. I think there’s something endearing about the young model (I always picture Elesa in her mid-twenties and Clay in his mid-forties) softening the gruff miner king. In both the games and in the Black and White chapters of Pokémon Special, Clay and Elesa pair up to fight the Sages and Shadow Triad, respectively. When you first meet him, he remarks that you’re the Trainer Elesa was talking about. And the thing Clay says to the player when he starts the gym battle? “Well... Think it's about time to see fer myself what it is about yer skills that makes a Gym Leader like Elesa take such a shine to ya.” He starts the battle referring not to himself, how he got to where he is, what kind of Pokémon he trained, or anything at all about Team Plasma; he wanted to know why Elesa liked you, and didn’t even bother masking the fact that he believed Elesa was a fantastic Leader. That’s interesting to me, given the type of person Clay is (fairly self-centered, confident, rude, and impatient – but that’s why I love the guy).

Also, I used to be very smitten with Soulshipping (Morty x Sabrina) because I thought they would be cute together. I kinda still do. I think at the time I shipped it a lot, I mostly liked the idea of the ghost leader and the psychic leader together.

My love of Gracefulshipping (Wallace x Winona) comes entirely from Special but they had a really, I dunno, tensely adorable relationship? It's been a long time since I read the RS arc but I think I remember Wallace still had feelings for Winona.

Really? :D That's awesome! aaaah I love it when more people ship it. I really like it in the anime the most though, there's more opportunity for it!

Egoshipping is with Gary, and Gary is not a gym leader. Green/Blue is a gym leader.

Burgh/Bugsy.
Sabrina/Erika.
Probably a few others I can't remember.

I've always thought Volkner/Jasmine was really cute. I'm a sucker for cold hearted guy and timid natured girl pairings.

I don't know if this on counts , but I like to ship Benga and Iris. I feel like it could be possible: Assuming Iris beat Alder to become Champion, I could see Benga getting a crush on the girl who was strong enough to beat his Granddad. They also look like they're about the same age: 10-11.

Like I said, not sure if this counts since Iris would be the Champion, not a Gym Leader.

I don't know if this on counts , but I like to ship Benga and Iris. I feel like it could be possible: Assuming Iris beat Alder to become Champion, I could see Benga getting a crush on the girl who was strong enough to beat his Granddad. They also look like they're about the same age: 10-11.

Well, not quite, since the requirement is that they would have to have been Gym leaders one at point; and Benga's a Boss Trainer, not a Gym Leader.

Well, not quite, since the requirement is that they would have to have been Gym leaders one at point; and Benga's a Boss Trainer, not a Gym Leader.

I was referring to Iris, who was a leader at one point. I wasn't aware both of them had to be Gym Leaders.

SiropShipping - Clemont/Viola
AlexandrianShipping - Volkner/Jasmine
WildShipping - Falkner/Volkner (I find it so funny the way their names rhyme)
Blue (game)/Erika (I don't know the name for this one)

Ships that include Gym Leaders with someone who is not one:
TruffleShipping - Chili/Nate
DualRivalShipping - Cheren/Bianca
OrangeIslandShipping - Tracey/Misty
SuperEffectiveShipping - Brock/Solidad
GaiaShipping - Cheryl/Gardenia
DraggirlShipping - Clair/Liza (Johto)
SnowpointShipping - Candice/Zoey
RaimonShipping - Hilbert/Elesa
Brandon/Candice (I don't think there is a name for this!)
Flint/Jasmine (I don't know the name for this one)

I'm sure there are more but I can't think of them right now. ><

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom