• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favourie Pokemon Anime Character?

Fave Pokemon Character

• Ash

Votes: 23 13.3%
  • Misty

Votes: 18 10.4%
  • Brock

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • May

Votes: 19 11.0%
  • Dawn

Votes: 23 13.3%
  • Iris

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Dento

Votes: 15 8.7%
  • Gary

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Paul

Votes: 18 10.4%
  • Barry

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Drew

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Shuuti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dahlia

• Proffessor.Oak

• Proffesor.Elm

• Proffesor.Birch

• Professor.Rowan

• Team Rocket

• Other

• Total voters
James was hilarious, and he managed to make the most boring episodes fun with his stupidity and antics. Meowth helps him out, and together they agitate Jessie like no other (well, prior to BW, that is).

I particularly liked James when he was voiced by Eric Stuart, and Meowth when voiced by Maddie Blaustein. They were awesome at their roles. :D

James was hilarious, and he managed to make the most boring episodes fun with his stupidity and antics. Meowth helps him out, and together they agitate Jessie like no other (well, prior to BW, that is).

I particularly liked James when he was voiced by Eric Stuart, and Meowth when voiced by Maddie Blaustein. They were awesome at their roles. :D

Agreed. They saved Johto fillers from mediocrity where Misty, Brock and Ash couldn't :p

Agreed. They saved Johto fillers from mediocrity where Misty, Brock and Ash couldn't :p

Totally. :D

My fave was Dawn since DP001... till BW087...
From now on, I am back to good ol' May!

Ash bc he is my bb okay.
May bc omg I LOVE HER SHE'S GR8.
James bc he's so hilarious oh god, have you seen that episode where Jesse uses his Chimecho in contest and he's basically gross sobbing every time it gets hurt? OMG.
Aaaand Gary bc well, he's awesome.

My favorite is probably James (I know, Jessie is my avatar). He would always crack me up when I watched Pokémon as a kid, and he was still pretty fun to watch even after TPCi began dubbing. In Best Wishes, he is pretty awesome too, though not for being funny, of course. Plus, his black uniform makes him look smexier.

I actually do like Jimmy Zoppi as James. Of course I prefer Eric Stuart to him, because he could make anything funny, but also pull off serious James at the same time. The only voice of TPCi TRio I don't like is Jimmy's Meowth (that only in BW). He's not cute at all in the role. In fact, he's downright menacing, loud, and gravely, and Jimmy scares me in the role of Meowth. O_O

However, as characters, I much prefer 4Kids TRio to TPCi TRio. But TPCi TRio got WAY, WAY better voice actor replacements than the TPCi protagonists got IMHO.

Last edited:
Ash, the Rocket trio, Paul, Cilan, Georgia and Colress.

If I have to choose between all of them, it would be Jessie.

1st brock, 2nd ash, 3rd dawn, 4th may.
(I before prefer may over dawn, but now it change).

As a whole, Kojiro/James. Downright hilarious character, yet kind-hearted too.

Last edited:
I totally forgot about jessie and james.

Revise List:
1. Jessie and James
2. Brock
3. Ash
4. Dawn
5. May

It should be obvious that mine is the original Mewtwo character at this point. For human characters, Satoshi (OS) has to be next in line, then Hikari, and of course Kasumi.

And, oh boy, if Mei or Touko were in the anime... they'd better be my favorite characters.

OS Ash is my favorite of the protagonists. He had a really good spirit, was funny, emotional, and I enjoyed his character and how he started off as a trainer a lot.

Of the antagonists, James FTW. The guy is just hilarious, but you also feel sad for him in the serious moments.

OS Ash is my favorite of the protagonists. He had a really good spirit, was funny, emotional, and I enjoyed his character and how he started off as a trainer a lot.

Of the antagonists, James FTW. The guy is just hilarious, but you also feel sad for him in the serious moments.

I agree with what you said about Ash.

And James, oh James. I love that guy too. Especially how he has always been kind of the underdog to Jessie and Meowth (felt sorry for him sometimes), and how he always had this creepy obsession with bottlecaps.

Of the newer series, I like Cilan. He seems like a nice guy with a creepy side which can be hilarious at times.

I agree with what you said about Ash.

And James, oh James. I love that guy too. Especially how he has always been kind of the underdog to Jessie and Meowth (felt sorry for him sometimes), and how he always had this creepy obsession with bottlecaps.

Of the newer series, I like Cilan. He seems like a nice guy with a creepy side which can be hilarious at times.

In the newer series, Cilan is my favorite of the protagonists too. He's becoming too much of a "Mary Sue" these days, but when he shines, he shines and is hilarious to watch. I feel the writers handled him better in the first half of BW than the second half myself.

I actually really like Iris in the second half of BW, but didn't like her in the first half. She reminds me of Misty in a lot of ways, and I do enjoy her snide remarks to Ash. :D

Main cast:Ash Brock May Max Dawn Iris Cilan.
Bad Guys:Team Rocket Pokemon hunter J Team Plasma.
More to come.

Re: Faveourie Pokemon Anime Character?

Isn't it obvious who mines is by my username? x3
I <3 Cilan. He just adds something to the show that I just love.

SAME OMG YESSSS.... please ive gone insane ;-;

Back
Top Bottom