• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favourite and least favourite Kalos Pokemon?

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
XY has been out for a fair amount of time now, so I thought it would be interesting to see how the new roster is fairing within the community.

So which is your favourite and least favourite of the new Kalos Pokemon? And be strict with yourself; only choose one for each! So don't list six favourites :p (Also no Mega Evolutions, either.)

Favourite:
691.png
Dragalge

Super cool looking, unique typing (ain't scared of no Fairy!) and does its pre-evolution justice (I was worried how it would turn out since I loved Skrelp from the moment I saw it). For me, Adaptability is very much the icing on a rather amazing cake with Dragalge.

Least favourite:
706.png
Goodra

Ruins what could have been an interesting line with an absolutely horrible design.

Last edited:
Oh that's quite hard...
My least favourite is Diggersby.
My favourite is probably Sylveon as I use it the most.

Well, if I had to choose just one....
Skrelp (even though I got X) has a cool design, evolution, and typing imo. Though this changes every now and then.

Least favorite,
Slurpuff. It looks silly, it's a fairy type, and I just dislike it.

I think Diggersby is my least favorite Kalos pokemon. Cute pre-evo, but then it just got ugly.

Florges is one of my favorite Kalos pokemon. I adore fairy types and Florges is just gorgeous (and also fun to paint, probably one of my most drawn pokes after gengar and gardevoir).

My favorite is Pyroar because lions are my favorite animal and I love both of its designs.
My least favorite is definitely Barbacle because it and it's pre-evo are the ugliest things since Stunfisk.

Are we counting Mega evolutions or just Kalos natives?

Last edited:
If I had to choose one, I'd pick Aegislash over Sylveon as my favorite Kalos Pokémon simply because I spent more time with Aegislash in my save file than I did with Sylveon. But really they're both tied as my favorite.

And I don't think I have a least favorite Pokémon, even in the larger National 'dex... I guess I'll choose Aromatisse because you can only get it via trade while holding an item and that's probably the most annoying form of evolution in the game (and because I like it less than I like Slurpuff).

Favourite:
691.png
Dragalge

Super cool looking, unique typing (ain't scared of no Fairy!) and does its pre-evolution justice (I was worried how it would turn out since I loved Skrelp from the moment I saw it). For me, Adaptability is very much the icing on a rather amazing cake with Dragalge.

Least favourite:
706.png
Goodra

Ruins what could have been an interesting line with an absolutely horrible design.

Are we counting Mega evolutions or just Kalos natives?

It says in the first post, guess you didn't read it before posting :/

My favourite is Greninja for obvious reasons. But if starters don't count, then it is Vivillon.

My least favourite is Klefki.

Favorites: I would say Greninja and Talonflame. I like them for the same reasons: agile and stinging in combat, nice HA's, and great designs. I only like Greninja more because it's a lot of fun to draw.
Least favs: Diggersby, just because it caught me completely unprepared for its sheer ugliness.

Favourite: Binacle. I don't know why, but they're adorable to me.

Least favourite: None, but if I had to choose, Hawlucha. It's weird.

Favorite: Dragalge. Its stats aren't great but it's a freaking poisonous Dragon. It's hidden ability is Adaptability which makes it really cool. Runner up is Tyrantrum. Tyrantrum. It has a great design with a cool typing but that's all it's really got going for it. It's slow and frail with an utterly useless ability. Unfortunately many of its stats are a so low even a Mega Evolution wouldn't help it. Despite that all that I think it's a cool Pokemon. Aurorus is my third favorite.

Least Favorite: Talonflame. If it didn't have Gale Wings nobody would use it. It's annoying and its model is ugly. If it weren't on nearly everyone's team, I'd probably like a lot more. I'm just really quite tired of seeing it.

Favorite: Dragalge. Its stats aren't great but it's a freaking poisonous Dragon. It's hidden ability is Adaptability which makes it really cool. Runner up is Tyrantrum. Tyrantrum. It has a great design with a cool typing but that's all it's really got going for it. It's slow and frail with an utterly useless ability. Unfortunately many of its stats are a so low even a Mega Evolution wouldn't help it. Despite that all that I think it's a cool Pokemon. Aurorus is my third favorite.
It's only frail on the Special Defense side, it has 82/119/59 defenses, it's not great but it's not horrible as you make it out to be and with a Mega Evo they could patch his Special Defense. It also has Dragon Dance and Rock Polish to patch it's rather slow Speed and it has Rock Head (as soon they release it) as an hidden ability which means recoil-less Head Smash, 150 BP + STAB with no recoil and Strong Jaw is not terrible because it gets a pseudo STAB on Crunch and Elemental Fangs, they should have made a Rock/Dragon variation of Crunch though.

Favourite: We can only pick one? Ughh, Tyrantrum then. It's a motherf***ng Dragon T-Rex, nuff said.

Least Favourite: I can't, i seriously can't, there's always at least a pokemon i don't like in each gen but there isn't a single mon i don't like in Gen 6

If I define "favorite" as in "omygawd I need that on my team NOW! *catch* " then Hawlucha takes the list by storm. This bird was a total surprise to run into (also, I was about 99% unspoiled beforehand to its existence), awesome design and a unique type combination, plus it's fast and hits hard, and with a great moveset too (Roost, Swords Dance/Feather Dance, Flying Press, Fly/Dig, etc.). Plus, the animation for Flying Press never gets old.

Least favorite: Diggersby. Sure, Aromatisse is a freak too, but I was neutral on Spritzee and I'm not fond of trade-based evolutions anyway. Whereas I liked Bunnelby, as-is, and its evolution was disappointing enough to ship the poor thing out on WT.

My most favorite this generation has to be Meowstic, the female (love that white fur with blue markings) more than the male. It was also the first psychic Pokemon I used and really enjoy them.... in a way Meowstic introduced me to psychics. I love it more for it's design - I love cats and Meowstic is a psychic cat!

Least favorite? - at least by design it goes to Klefki (I was disappointed by it's design), as their are still a few Kalos Pokemon I haven't tried in a team.

I'm kinda hard-pressed for a favorite since I really loved some of them equally, but if I had to choose one, my favorite would be Aegislash, because it is not only useful, but I can be the Fire Emblem fanatic I am and name it things like Tyrfing, Balmung, Mystletainn, Ragnell, etc.

My least favorite is easily Talonflame; primarily because I'm sick of everyone using this terrible Pokemon. It sucks in-game so hard it isn't funny, so why do I see everyone using it on Amie? It also has a terrible name; at least Aegislash, while two words, at least might not sounds like it to the 10 year old player, as they probably don't know what the Aegis is; but Talonflame? Seriously? It has a horrible design, and I fume when I remember this crappy looking Pokemon is considered a top-tier threat, even if I don't play Wi-Fi. If I had to use it with a gun on my head, I honestly would say "Please just shoot me." Overall, it is my least favorite Pokemon, which usurped the throne of Thundurus last gen.

Least Favorite: Talonflame. If it didn't have Gale Wings nobody would use it. It's annoying and its model is ugly. If it weren't on nearly everyone's team, I'd probably like a lot more. I'm just really quite tired of seeing it.

I didn't really like Talonflame's design at first, and the name still sounds like word salad, but Fletchling was my go-to bird party member and with decent techniques like Me First and U-Turn to take advantage of that high Speed with, I did warm up to her fairly quick.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom