• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favourite and least favourite Kalos Pokemon?

Easy picks.

Favorite: Skiddo.
When Gogoat first debuted, I immediately thought it was the coolest thing ever. It has a great design, and for a goat, I loved its typing. I saw a lot of people speculating about whether its pre-evolved form was in those Lumiose City pictures, but I had kind of ignored it as I thought they were just bushes. Thank Arceus they weren't.

When Skiddo was first shown, I was surprised. I didn't think it would be possible to get something better than Gogoat, but clearly, it was. When I caught when during my playthrough of Y, I played with her in Amie for so long. As it grew, I realized that its move-pool is pretty diverse for a grass-type. It was such a strong battler as well as adorable, so it quickly became my favorite.

Least Favorite:
Aromatisse.
Simple; it's a purple/pink puffball.

Favorite: Malamar (but Delphox is a very close second). I love the typing and the design, and contrary is a fun ability. I also like it because there are things that make it unique, like (again) the typing, and evolving by turning the 3DS upside down.

Least favorite: I guess if I had to pick one, it would be Aromatisse. I remember that after Spritzee was first revealed, I saw some interesting fan-made evolutions for it, and that got me excited to see what the real one would look like. Then when I saw Aromatisse, I was a little disappointed.

My least favorite is easily Talonflame; primarily because I'm sick of everyone using this terrible Pokemon. It sucks in-game so hard it isn't funny, so why do I see everyone using it on Amie?

I think one reason so many people use it in-game is because it can have the ability flame body, which helps eggs hatch faster.

My favourite is Trevenant. I love its design and concept, and it has my two favourite types. I really need to get around to actually training one...

As for least favourite... Greninja, I think. I'm tired of seeing it around, but there are a few Gen VI Pokemon that fit that description. I like the idea of a ninja frog, but I really don't like its design or colouring.

Greninja is my favorite Kalos Pokemon in terms of everything. Superb design and great usability. Another Pokemon that shares the spot for my favorite Kalos Pokemon is Florges. With the same reasons like Greninja but more emphasis on its design. Florges looks elegant and beautiful.

My least favorite Delphox. In fact it is also one of the most disappointing Pokemon for me. I love Fennekin and was so hoping it would evolve in to something that looks great. But Delphox's design just doesn't appeal to me. It looks awkward and bland.

Favourite: Greninja. Badass ninja design, great movepool and typing.
Unfavourite: Barbacle is just frighteningly ugly. An eye on each hand? Ain't gonna be a fan for that. At least the ugliness gap between Bunnelby and Diggersby looks hilarious.

Aegislash and it's family. Most people think/thought the idea of Honedge was a little "less-than-imaginative" at first, if you will, but I thought it looked pretty sweet, especially after the disaster that was Garbodor. Not to mention how great the Ghost/Steel type is. I'll admit Duoblade doesn't seem like it had too much thought into it and I would have been satisfied if it went straight to Aegislash, but it does give the family a little more meat. Also, stance change is an interesting gimmick considering I didn't expect Aegislash to begin with.

Tyrantrum is also pretty friggin' great. I can't tell you how long I've been waiting to get my Tyrannosaurus pokemon. The dragon typing is also helpful.

My favorite is probably Sylveon. I love the Eeveelutions because they're cute and very cat/foxlike, and Sylveon is an interesting new type and has a very pretty palette and design. Fairy is definitely one of my favorite types and I use Sylveon on my team all the time.

My least favorite is easily Barnacleman. It's an abomination if I ever saw one.

My favorite would be either Greninja or Hawlucha. My least favorite would definitely be Aegislash. Not all inanimate objects make for good Pokemon, swords are no exception in my opinion. I hate how a Pokemon with such a boring design is so useful in battle, it just means that I have to see it more because so many people use it competitively.

My favorites are a tie between Delphox and Sylveon and "least favorite" would be a bit of an overstatement for how I feel about Aromatisse.

I don't really have a favourite. My least favourite, however, is Klefki without a doubt. A keyring? Well, I suppose some would like it. It's just not my taste.

I am extraordinarily partial to Dragalge, and delighted that there is even a Pokémon in existence based on the weedy sea dragon. Its splendid typing is a cherry on top! Maybe even two cherries.

As for my least favorite, that honor goes to Binacle, no doubt. I can't even appreciate the concept. It is some kind of awkward, petulant-looking arthropod that is also a hand. Er, hands. Really, everything about it is unsavory, from its palette to its faces. Even its X Pokédex entry is especially ridiculous, and considering the absurdity one regularly encounters in the Pokédex, that is really something:

"Two Binacle live together on one rock. When they fight, one of them will move to a different rock."​

Not only is this utterly underwhelming, I am also having a difficult time reconciling the bizarre contradiction.

Taking its evolution into account, as well, it just ends up somewhere between silly and nightmarish. I would simply rather have nothing to do with this aquatic abomination and its angry puffy palm-cheeks!

Favorite: Chesnaught
The whole family has pretty good design, but at Stage 2, Chesnaught also has really good move variety. It's also the only Grass starter I actually adore, which means something.

Least: Carbink
I don't mind Honedge and Magneton and such, but I still can't comprehend what this... thing... does. It has a really odd stat distribution and if you ask me its design is almost too simple.

Favorite: Dragalge. Its stats aren't great but it's a freaking poisonous Dragon. It's hidden ability is Adaptability which makes it really cool. Runner up is Tyrantrum. Tyrantrum. It has a great design with a cool typing but that's all it's really got going for it. It's slow and frail with an utterly useless ability. Unfortunately many of its stats are a so low even a Mega Evolution wouldn't help it. Despite that all that I think it's a cool Pokemon. Aurorus is my third favorite.

Least Favorite: Talonflame. If it didn't have Gale Wings nobody would use it. It's annoying and its model is ugly. If it weren't on nearly everyone's team, I'd probably like a lot more. I'm just really quite tired of seeing it.

What's Gale Wings? I don't have it on my Talon, and I couldn't care less. She's awesome.

Anyways, I have no idea why, but I adore the Inkay line. Same goes for Aegislash and Florges. But I think my #1 fave is Delphox. Greninja can go jump in front of Darkrai's Dark Void for all I care. It's more overrated than Pikachu (who I actually adore!)

Anyways, Chesnaught and Greninja's overrated butts are my least faves, but I actually like all 72 Pokémon design wise. Considering I haven't trained the vast majority of the 721 Pokémon, that's all I can rank them by.

Last edited:
Favorite: Pangoro. Possibly my favorite fully evolved Gen VI Pokemon.

Least Favorite: Carbink. I wouldn't say I hate it, but I never really understood it. I know it's has a connection to Diancie, which is obvious, but it still took me forever to fully get why it was made other than to have another new Fairy pokemon.

Least Favorite: Talonflame. If it didn't have Gale Wings nobody would use it. It's annoying and its model is ugly. If it weren't on nearly everyone's team, I'd probably like a lot more. I'm just really quite tired of seeing it.

@BlackButterfree [What's Gale Wings? I don't have it on my Talon, and I couldn't care less. She's awesome.] (Messed up quoting)

Gale Wings gives +1 priority to any flying type moves. It's the signature ability of Talonflame.
It's really the only competitively used ability for it.

@BlackButterfree [What's Gale Wings? I don't have it on my Talon, and I couldn't care less. She's awesome.] (Messed up quoting)

Gale Wings gives +1 priority to any flying type moves. It's the signature ability of Talonflame.

Well my baby has Flame Body and I'm 100% satisfied with her. One thing I will say, I didn't like her design before Fletchinder was revealed. I thought it was a horrible design for a two-stage bird. Somehow I fell in love with her after realizing she was three-stage and I adore her after having fought nine months together.

Since I really love all 72, this is going to be tough...

Favorite: Probably Dragalge. I love its typing and design, and when I first saw Skrelp, I was sold. The same could be said for Talonflame, but hey, it's number 2 to me.

Least Favorite: Like many others, Carbink. Not that I don't like it, I just don't understand it. After using it, chances are it'll prove better than misunderstood.

Since I really love all 72, this is going to be tough...

Favorite: Probably Dragalge. I love its typing and design, and when I first saw Skrelp, I was sold. The same could be said for Talonflame, but hey, it's number 2 to me.

Least Favorite: Like many others, Carbink. Not that I don't like it, I just don't understand it. After using it, chances are it'll prove better than misunderstood.

Honestly, I think Carbink is cute. :p But I guess the reason behind it is Diancie. Diancie is diamond and exists only because it mutes from Carbink, a piece of coal. So it only exists for that one detail about Diancie. Also it's cute and the Rock/Fairy typing just screams jewel Pokémon.

Well my baby has Flame Body and I'm 100% satisfied with her. One thing I will say, I didn't like her design before Fletchinder was revealed. I thought it was a horrible design for a two-stage bird. Somehow I fell in love with her after realizing she was three-stage and I adore her after having fought nine months together.

Really? You can use a Talonflame without Gale Wings? Maybe your Talonflame is blessed by the RNG with good IVs in Attack or something, but even with Gale Wings for me, Talonflame is pretty darn useless.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom