• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favourite and least favourite Kalos Pokemon?

Least Favorite: Talonflame. If it didn't have Gale Wings nobody would use it. It's annoying and its model is ugly. If it weren't on nearly everyone's team, I'd probably like a lot more. I'm just really quite tired of seeing it.

@BlackButterfree [What's Gale Wings? I don't have it on my Talon, and I couldn't care less. She's awesome.] (Messed up quoting)

Gale Wings gives +1 priority to any flying type moves. It's the signature ability of Talonflame.
It's really the only competitively used ability for it.

Well my baby has Flame Body and I'm 100% satisfied with her. One thing I will say, I didn't like her design before Fletchinder was revealed. I thought it was a horrible design for a two-stage bird. Somehow I fell in love with her after realizing she was three-stage and I adore her after having fought nine months together.

Really? You can use a Talonflame without Gale Wings? Maybe your Talonflame is blessed by the RNG with good IVs in Attack or something, but even with Gale Wings for me, Talonflame is pretty darn useless.

Well, I don't play competitively. In-game, even a Sunkern can take down a Gyarados if you train it the right way.

Favorites would be Fennekin & Vivillon, and I'm not really sure I have any that I don't like. Goomy & Talonflame are super popular, apparently, so I kinda steer clear of those, but I wouldn't say I don't like them. They have their perks. .-.

I'd have to say my least favourite would be Aromatisse because, while it is a Fairy type (and I like Fairy types,) I just can't get over that abysmal design. Runner-ups are Barbar... whatever and Diggersby.

As for my favourite, I'd have to say Xerneas because it has a very good design (I like dear-like Pokemon for some reason) and it can be devistating in battle if it has a Power herb and Geomancy. Runner-ups are Delphox and Sylveon.

Last edited:
Aurorus would have to be my favorite. I was never a huge fossil fan (minus Aerodactyl), and this one was so cute and elegant that I just love it.

I have a lot that I don't like...but I'd have to go with Dragalge for worst. I don't like his design, and the seaweed look is just gross to me.

Since I really love all 72, this is going to be tough...

Favorite: Probably Dragalge. I love its typing and design, and when I first saw Skrelp, I was sold. The same could be said for Talonflame, but hey, it's number 2 to me.

Least Favorite: Like many others, Carbink. Not that I don't like it, I just don't understand it. After using it, chances are it'll prove better than misunderstood.

Honestly, I think Carbink is cute. :p But I guess the reason behind it is Diancie. Diancie is diamond and exists only because it mutes from Carbink, a piece of coal. So it only exists for that one detail about Diancie. Also it's cute and the Rock/Fairy typing just screams jewel Pokémon.

What? Carbink is one of the most awesome new pokemon! Its life is so totally different to all the others! It lives underground slowly absorbing geothermal heat and storing it as energy over hundreds of thousands of years before coming up to the surface world. How is that not cool?

I would even say Carbink is one of my favorites. I also like Phantump and Trevenant because they lend themselves nicely to dark fantasy roleplays, Binacle (but not Barbaracle, ugh) and Skrelp/Dragalge because they add a lot of depth to the pokemon ecosystems, and Spritzee and Aromatisse because cute bird designs always get me (Hoothoot! Natu! Pelipper! Torchic!)

My least favorite is Florges. Its preevolutions are okay, but I just hate the way Florges looks. The poofy flower thing just makes it not look like it belongs in pokemon in any way. I don't know. It's a very weird thing to dislike.

IMPORTANT EDIT: It turns out that I actually made all that stuff up about Carbink. But I prefer to keep thinking of him like that even though it may not be true!

Favorite: Tyrantrum, for all intents and purposes a tyrant king rock lizard dragon... thing. And its typing isn't quite the death sentence of Aurorus.

Least Favorite: Aromatisse, king or queen ugly right there.

Vivillon would be my current favourite of the Class of '13 for the sheer variety of colours and patterns and a signature move that is flavourful, rather usable and lulzy.

Not a big fan of Xerneas. It can't be used much without overpowering everything, its story isn't IMHO interesting enough to keep pushing in X, its typing just further muddies what Fairy is and isn't (granted, Normal and Dark have those problems too) and (assuming it's supposed to be a deer) deer are awfully overrepresented for something that is only about 90 species IRL (compared to other families).

I haven't played any gen VI so this is purely based on aesthetics and how useful they WOULD be.
Favourite: difficult to decide just one, but Inkay is just so unique in so many ways. Honedge/Doublade, Phantump/Trevenant are close. Favourite legendary is most definitely Xerneas.
Least favourite: Slurpuff. I thought Swirlix was bad enough when it was revealed, like "oh yeah, the ice creams were cute let's do the same sort of thing". Then along comes slurpuff, that fat gooey meringue cream puff thing and i'm thinking "OK so if this thing were a REAL cake type dessert i STILL wouldn't want to eat it. Or maybe i would just to put it out of its misery."

My favorite would probably be... Talonflame. Though I'm not fond of the name, it looks like it'll tear you apart if you bother it.

My least favorite is probably Florges. I don't really know why, but it just bothers me!

My favorite is Greninja for the fun type shifting antics and the awesome moves. Sylveon comes in a close second for its adorableness and effectiveness in dealing with some troublesome types.

My least favorite and I know it may sound cheap is Dedenne. Another pokemon lazily (what's next a chipmunk?) designed to cash in on Pikachu's mascot status. Its stats and movepool are horrible and somehow if that wasn't enough are misaligned with one another (doesn't get moonblast or dazzling gleam despite its higher special attack).

Favorite: Delphox (honorable mentions: Bunnelby, Fletchling line, Flabebe, Litleo and female Pyroar, Helioptile, Dedenne, Goomy line)

Least favorite: Binacle & Barbaracle (dishonorable mentions: Klefki, Furfrou, Inkay & Malamar)

Favorite based on design is Gourgeist. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it.
Least favorite is probably one of the fairies like Aromatisse or Florges, I just don't care for 'em.

Favorite: Heliolisk

Least favorite: Aromatisse. It could have been a badass-looking plague doctor or at least a flamingo. Instead we get Tim Curry in Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Favorite: Greninja. This is a ninja frog done right. In fact, the entire Froakie line was amazing; this is the first time I've like a frog from start to finish. Runner up: Florges, because she reminds me of someone.

Least favorite: Quilladin. Chespin and its line were just underwhelming to me. Runner up: Slurpuff. Man, talk about some festering ugly with that one. >_<

My favorite Kalos Pokemon is Diggersby, though Diancie is a close second. Least favorite would have to be Florges. It's quite ugly, and not in a good way -- Diggersby is ugly but in a hilarious way.

Last edited:
Since I really love all 72, this is going to be tough...

Favorite: Probably Dragalge. I love its typing and design, and when I first saw Skrelp, I was sold. The same could be said for Talonflame, but hey, it's number 2 to me.

Least Favorite: Like many others, Carbink. Not that I don't like it, I just don't understand it. After using it, chances are it'll prove better than misunderstood.

Honestly, I think Carbink is cute. :p But I guess the reason behind it is Diancie. Diancie is diamond and exists only because it mutes from Carbink, a piece of coal. So it only exists for that one detail about Diancie. Also it's cute and the Rock/Fairy typing just screams jewel Pokémon.

What? Carbink is one of the most awesome new pokemon! Its life is so totally different to all the others! It lives underground slowly absorbing geothermal heat and storing it as energy over hundreds of thousands of years before coming up to the surface world. How is that not cool?

I would even say Carbink is one of my favorites. I also like Phantump and Trevenant because they lend themselves nicely to dark fantasy roleplays, Binacle (but not Barbaracle, ugh) and Skrelp/Dragalge because they add a lot of depth to the pokemon ecosystems, and Spritzee and Aromatisse because cute bird designs always get me (Hoothoot! Natu! Pelipper! Torchic!)

My least favorite is Florges. Its preevolutions are okay, but I just hate the way Florges looks. The poofy flower thing just makes it not look like it belongs in pokemon in any way. I don't know. It's a very weird thing to dislike.

IMPORTANT EDIT: It turns out that I actually made all that stuff up about Carbink. But I prefer to keep thinking of him like that even though it may not be true!

I love Florges. It's like Marie Antoinette meets Ariel the Little Mermaid meets Roserade!

Fav: Talonflame. That bird's a beast.
Least fav: The whole Flabebe line. No reason, it just doesn't appeal to me.

My favourite would be Amaura...that cry *_*
Don't care for the 4x weaknesses to fighting and steel, it's still rocks!

On the other side, Dedenne is quite bland being another mandatory copy of the Pikachu clones, plus I hate how its tail looks like...

Favorite: Gogoat. Love it, after using it. Great design as well IMHO.

Last Favorite: Braixen. Horrible creation. It is so awful and bratty-looking. Ugh.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom