• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favourite Champion in the Animé

Who is your favourite champion in the Animé?

• Lance

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Tyson

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Wallace

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Tobias

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cynthia

Votes: 29 63.0%
  • Alder

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters

Hellion

Child of the Atom
Reaction score
Which character that bore the title of Champion did you feel was the most impressive, the most personable, the most interesting, etc. Who seemed to have the strongest pokémon? Who made you laugh the most?

In short, who is your favourite Champion in the Animé?

Still gotta go with Alder like in the games. Even though we've seen barely anything of him, what we've seen of his new anime personality appeals to me the most. Lance was just kind of a classically heroic guy, but didn't offer much besides helping against Team Aqua/Magma. I'd say the same with Cynthia, just replace Aqua/Magma with Galactic. I did like Wallace but my issue was that he was merely a contest buff in the anime, rather than the Hoenn champion. To be totally honest, I never saw Tyson, so I can't really form an opinion. Tobias was just a lazy cop-out on the writers' part.

While I'm probably more than a little biased, I like Alder, because he seems the most human. In the upcoming episode, he's shown to be a little lecherous, hitting on Jenny and Joy, as well as oblivious to his Bouffalant's frustration. I don't look down on him for that, it just shows that despite being one of the strongest trainers in the world, he's an imperfect human like everyone else. Look at Ash. He has plenty of issues himself, like recklessness and plot amnesia, but has plenty of fans despite his flaws.

Cynthia has been my favorite thus far. She received the most number of appearances throughout her saga, allowing the audience to get more of a feel for her character, and she had this bad ass aura surrounding her. I quite liked her cool, calm, collective self and really enjoyed the role she played in Ash and Paul's rivalry. She fit in nicely and tied the two together, especially with her "When one life meets another life, something will be born."

My only criticism is that she wasn't shown to have flaws, but I thought the writers made up for that with her quirk of never knowing what food to choose in various places. xD

I can't stand characters with no personality and huge fanbases like Cynthia has. Alder has shown more personality in scans and previews than we've ever seen in Cynthia in all her episodes. Lance is really the only one, I think, who could even start to compare to Alder and we haven't even seen his actual episode, just snippets of personality and it is AWESOME.

So yep. Alder.

Cynthia...don't let my forum set fool you, I'm not THAT into her! XD I just find her the most interesting in terms of how she affected the plot and her subtle quirks and whatnot. That, and she's a comashipper. Oh, don't deny it, you know it's true.

In the Anime...probably Cynthia.

Lance wasn't much of a champion in the anime, he was called Lance of the Elite Four, or Lance of the Pokemon G-Man! Then he popped up in Hoenn where he had no business being. Still never exhibited much championness.

Tyson...I don't care much about him to be honest. He's got an interesting meowth, but other than that....

Tobias was just ridiculous with his darkrai - he was just the writers solution to not having Ash win the Sinnoh League.

Cynthia, on the other hand, actually got quality screentime AS the champion. She showed up fairly early on in flashback form, and then appeared in person. Her personality was pretty much established straight off. She has trouble being decisive when it comes to ice cream, but not when it comes to Pokemon battles. She's got a powerful Garchomp, was willing to battle some random kid off the street, and was also willing to heal his Pokemon herself. I liked her benevolence. She was a bit...superficial in that she wasn't really shown to have flaws. Other than that, though, I enjoyed seeing Cynthia in the anime.

Alder...people are praising him because of the preview, but I think I'll choose to reserve judgment on him. He seems like he's got an interesting personality, I'm a bit curious to see how his blasé attitude will play out. I think Alder's got a lot of potential to work with. If the writers are able to play up that potential to the full, then I think he should probably rival Cynthia for the top spot.

However...my favorite will likely still be Cynthia. I like her personality.

Shirona. She gives a wave of mystery and awe in the anime that many all of the other champions don't seem to have.

Do I really have to answer this question? I guess you all know my answer already. :p
For a detailed explanation please visit my Cynthia Club. ^^

(Btw, why did you add Tyson and Tobias? They just won leagues but they were never confirmed to be champions)

We haven't seen much more than a flashback of Alder.

going with Cynthia since she had more than a couple of appearances and did the most of any of them.

Wallace - I think him appearing as a contest master than an ordinary champion was more epic.

And I HATE Lance because I think he stole Steven's role at the Hoenn Legendaries Arc. :mad:

Tyson is the ship. He is so rad he's smart he's kind he shows his entire team and he has a sweet jacket.

Adeku is... hilarious. I love how strong, philosophical he is, while having a personality and being humourous. He's badass, and he's really strong as a trainer.

Alder XDD I like how he is as a champion - sticking to his own lifestyle and being carefree. But we still know that he's got some really epic powers inside him lol

Using legendaries is not cheating.

I like Wallace but they didn't really focus on his champion side.

Tyson and Tobias aren't eben on a parr with the others... no seriously they only won their refieon's league they aren't actual champions like the others.

Cynthia has to be my favourite.

Lance. Badass Champion.

That is all.
As for team strength, Lance is the best. I mean 2 or 3 fully-evolved Pseudos... But in the anime we haven't seen much of him as the champion.

I'd say Cynthia.

Don't know why, but I always liked his characterization in the anime. How he pretended to be a Team Rocket grunt, and then a Team Magma grunt. Then, boom, this badass guy appears who can stop them! lol.

Cynthia's premise and set-up were cool, though. "When every life meets another life, something will be born" was pretty deep.

Back
Top Bottom