• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favourite Female Player Character

Favourite female player character?

• Leaf (FrLg)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kris (Crystal)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Lyra (HgSs)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May (RSE)

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Dawn (DPPt)

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Hilda (BW)

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
Leaf and May have the most votes.

Why is it the Gen III heroines usually wind up winning these polls? Although I imagine if White was here she would have won.

I don't actually LIKE any of the female player characters. :/ While I like their designs and such, I dislike their inclusion as playable. Dammit, there was no need for that.

But anyway... May, followed by Kris, followed by the FRLG heroine (I refuse to call her Leaf. eewwww), followed by Dawn, followed by Touko, followed by Lyra.

Kris, then followed by a tied Leaf/May.

The others are okay, but I probably would've also included White as an honorable mention if she were on the poll.

I always liked Leaf, her design was very simple. She may have been a little bland compared to the other female protagonists; but, her "normal" girl appearance that the other females don't have is why I like her.

Kris was okay at the time...I found her attractive (hey, when Crystal came out I was 10 too ;D). May is okay but I always thought she looked a little slutty for a 10 year old. I have always been neutral to Dawn, I don't hate her but at the same time she isn't a favorite. I always thought Dawn would grow into an attractive young woman, unlike her mother who looks very homely.

Lyra is just repulsive to me, I thought Kris should have came back for HG/SS.

Touko also looks kinda slutty, but shes a bit older. A strip tease teenager is always better than a 10 year old in booty shorts. This is my 2nd favorite female protagonist in terms of design.

Eek, this is kinda hard... I kinda liked Lyra's outfit (the hat was a bit too much, though), and Leaf is probably the only "cool" looking female trainer, there's also White (who should be added to this poll 3:<) who has that awesome hair and outfit (though her shorts are a bit too short, and there's those ugly ass boots...).

Well, since White isn't in this poll, then I'll say Leaf. She was pretty much a female version of Red (and EVERYONE likes Red). I just wish she was in the original Red/Blue version, she would've fit in perfectly. =/

huh. This is what I get for not posting in this place for a while--I totally missed this thread. Although I guess it was active just under a month ago, so I didn't miss it by too much.

Anyway: I voted for Leaf. I've always been a fan of Leaf ever since FRLG came out, and even more so as the games went on. For me, she was the only one that seemed plausible as a trainer. May wasn't too bad, but I hated her ridiculous hair and goofy expression (Kris's blue hair was also odd). Dawn was just skanky, and Touko... probably the same. I don't like the attempt to look hip, I really don't. Oh, I guess I've forgotten Kotone. Eh. Mediocre, I suppose. I detest the overalls.

What I like best about Leaf is just that she's the female Red. She's not a lacky or an assistant like the other characters are. Yes, some people have postulated this means that she doesn't exist--I disagree. She's the alternate universe version of Red, and has all the glory and sheer "badassery" associated with him--but she's a female, too. I wonder if GameFreak was unable to properly assess how cool that was, and they lost a serious opportunity by not having someone like Kurt in HG/SS ask a simple question "oh, that kid that took out Team Rocket--do you remember if it was a boy or a girl?"

Leaf's sporty look (esp. her tanktop) has always reminded me of Ace Trainers, but her fashionable bonnet and skirt mean that she's not a tomboy like May, either. I appreciate the idea that she could be feminine but still completely serious as a trainer: she doesn't have the goofy expressions that the other female characters have in their official art.

I can't decide if she's my favorite Pokemon character or not. That title alternates between Leaf and Lance on a regular basis. But given how I enjoy using dragons so much, that might say it all.

I voted for Lyra. I used to really like Leaf and May, but there's just something about Lyra that I really liked once I saw her official artwork last year.

My favorite it Touko/White, but Leaf is my second-favorite, so I'll vote for her since Touko isn't an option.

Probably Dawn, but only because of the following reasons:
I've never played a version that had Leaf or Kris in it, so I don't have the best idea of what they look like
Lyra looks kinds weird with those funny shoes and shorts with suspenders. And that funky hat.
May looks like she's wiggling her butt when she walks because of that weird bag she has on her hips

Dawn is the only one that doesn't look to weird to me. I don't mind if you have a problem with that, but if you do, keep it to your self, please.

Back
Top Bottom