• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favourite movie scenes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Kind of surprised that I couldn't find something like this (unless I overlooked something, lol).

Anyway. As the titles says: what are some of your favourite movie scenes?
Or series, if you prefer that, I guess.

I beleive I may have mentioned this in another thread, but there was a specific scene from the LEGO Ninjago movie that I really enjoyed, namely that montage scene. I'm not really going to go describe it outside the below spoiler since it's only truly great when you appreciate the context and such, but I will say that it's worth the price of admition alone, so you'll know it when you see it.
The main villian has a montage where he teaches his son how to throw stuff (something he wasn't there to do on account of being, y'know, evil), all with the appropriate country music in the background. Oh, and the stuff that is being thrown is used to aid in their escape from a lot of figgures (heh) that want said main villian (and everyone else present) dead. As I said, it works much better in the actual movie itself, so sorry if you haven't seen it yet.

Also, the scene afterwards with the arm is just as good (if not better), that too.

I mean there's also plenty of other movie scenes I liked, but I'm too tired to think of them now so...

- Any scene from The Shawshank Redemption
- The final scene from Gladiator
- The final scene from The Truman Show

And more I can't think of right now. And from recent memory: the scene from Baby Driver where Baby gets chased by the police with the song Hocus Pocus playing in the background.

One scene that always amuses me is the scene in Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory where Veruca gets her Golden Ticket and upon receiving it she says "daddy, I want another pony." I thought it was funny because spoiled brats on TV always seem to ask for ponies, and Veruca's so spoiled that she has a pony but wants another one.

Just about any scene from Mommie Dearest qualifies (particularly the wire hanger scene and the scene where Joan and Christina get into a fight). It's a movie that tries to be dramatic but fails in every way, thanks to its ridiculously over-the-top acting. The first time I saw it I laughed through the entire thing.

3 words: "Beat it doofus"

In all seriousness though, one of my favourites would need to be the "which way?" scene from A Goofy Movie. It's actually pretty powerful to see Goofy of all people go into pure tranquil fury.

As for others, it's slightly embarrassing that I'm having trouble thinking of other movies, let alone specific scenes.

Personally, I think my favourite scene must be the one from Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, where Spirit is trying to throw the Sherif guy off. It's funny, and I just love the movie overall. It was a big part of my childhood.

ColonelSpirit.gif

As for others, it's slightly embarrassing that I'm having trouble thinking of other movies, let alone specific scenes.
Seconded.

There was once a time where I could rewatch the airport scene from Cars 2 (my guiltiest of pleasures) without getting bored. Constant forward motion! Actual plane terminology! A couple of throwaway lines hinting at a far more interesting story than the one this movie is telling! Jason Isaacs mumbling half of his lines... a really juvenile visual gag... okay, maybe it's not all good.

I honestly think Cars 2 was held back by trying to appeal to all ages. It felt like Pixar kept putting stupid things in it to remind you that, yes, this film with a torture scene is still for kids. I really want to make a video about how I would improve it, by either:
  1. Making it 100% a parody of spy movies.
  2. Making it 100% serious by having the moral be that "the Terminator" (as I like to call him) has to mentally grow up.
  3. Making it 100% serious by having all the characters from the first movie in the background, making it an expanded universe thing, and the plot being about the spies solving a mystery and realising how messed up the World of Cars actually is. And before you say that's too deep for Cars, see my previous post in this thread.

I was re-watching a certian classic movie recently, and I was reminded of how much I like a particular scene in it. As for which scene I'm talking about... Well, it involves two brothers taking a trip through a rather spacious mall, set to some catchy music.

Also, a lot of property is damaged. That too.

Last edited:
This'll have spoilers.

The Last Jedi - Praetorian Guard Fight Scene.

The King and I - When the King and Anne are dancing together. Childhood + classic = not gay

The Force Awakens - Rey and Finn fleeing Jakku. I get so hyped on this. Also, the whole Rathar debacle is hugely entertaining.

Gremlins - When Billy's mom is killing everything.

Jurassic Park series - When the dinosaurs are getting killed. Oh god yes.

I'll be adding to this. I've watched about five hundred movies so I've naturally not remembering them all. Or even half. Or a quarter. It's not an exaggeration, either. Did a movie count in 2010 and it was roughly three hundred, and then on my media player there's a hundred, and we've added about a hundred more to our physical collection.

"Sugar Honey Iced Tea" from Madagascar
"Circle of Life" and Simba's confrontation with Scar in The Lion King
Anytime Jeff Goldblum is on screen in Jurassic Park
Darth Vader choking the admiral in Star Wars: A New Hope
The team of five working together to kill Sharptooth in "The Land Before Time"
"Just Keep Swimming" from Finding Nemo
All of Manny's one-liners in the first Ice Age Movie (my personal favorite is "Does this look like a petting zoo to you?")
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY SWAMP?!" from Shrek
The Smilodon [Saber-tooth cat] scene from 10,000 BC (even though the entire movie was laden with dozens of inaccuracies)
The Megazord battle from Power Rangers 2017
Every time we see Mewtwo blowing stuff up in the first Pokémon movie.
Kenai's transformation in Brother Bear
That jump-scare cliffhanger at the very end of the first PotC movie.
The scene with the Dursleys in the 2nd Harry Potter movie
The lettuce joke from Gods of Egypt (you need to know the source material pretty well to laugh at it)
"Somebody call IX I I" from Disney's Hercules
"I'll make a man out of you" from Mulan
The obligatory Stan Lee cameo in Deadpool
the epilogue from Ted (especially the Taylor Lautner joke)
Omnimon/Omegamon appearing in "Digimon Adventure: Our War Game" (not that abomination called Digimon the Movie)
Hellfire from Disney's Hunchback
Baloo's intro in Jungle Book 2016
Shiny from Moana
Yippie Kai Yay from Die Hard
"You're gonna die clown" from Happy Gilmore
The French knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail
"Comb the Desert" from Spaceballs
The Chuck Norris cameo in Dodgeball
The stone jaguar scene from The Road to El Dorado

- Any scene from Kill Bill Vol.1&2. In particular the animated scene that shows O-Ren Ishii's backstory. Love how it is animated.
- The scene in The Neverending Story where Atreyu confronts Gmork. Honestly there are a lot of good scenes from that movie though.
- The final scene in Wolf Children. I got so emotional watching it. Haha

Spoilers:

The Iron Giant
- The giant's sacrifice.
Tenacious D in: The Pick of Destiny - The rock off against the Devil.
Jurassic Park - Either "Welcome to Jurassic Park", or the T-Rex breakout.
Ghostbusters - The Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
Clash of the Titans - Medusa.
Return of the Jedi - Luke and Vader's final battle, Vader's redemption and unmasking.
Dodgeball - "If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball."
Frankenstein - Dr. Frankenstein gives the monster life.
Clerks 2 - Lord of the Rings vs. Star Wars.
Jackass 3 - Either the high five or jet engine stunts.
The Room - Either "YOU ARE TEARING ME APART LISA!" or the rooftop conversation between Johnny and Mark.

Spider-Man Homecoming - Peter lifting the building off himself.

Dog of Flanders (1997) - The kids giving Patrasche's cruel ex-owner his just deserts.
Pokemon: I Choose You! - Ash's final battle with Cross.
Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame - The Hellfire song and the final confrontation with Frollo.
In This Corner of the World - Suzu and her husband taking the war orphan home with them.
Ringing Bell - Chirin finally killing the wolf.
The Tale of Princess Kaguya - Kaguya and Sutemaru's "reunion."
Happy Birthday: Inochi Kagayaku Toki: Asuka finally calling her mother out on all of her abuse.
The Breadwinner: Parvana's mother standing up to her cruel cousin.
Song of the Sea - Ben apologizing to Saoirse for blaming her for his mother's death/disappearance.

That one scene in the Hobbit where Thornin says, "Let all those who doubted us... RUE THIS DAY!"

Last edited:
The whole Throne Room scene in Return of the Jedi,
particularly Luke's near fall and ultimate choice to turn away from the dark side, and the redemption and sacrifice of Anakin Skywalker.

Gotta be one of the greatest scenes in cinematic history.

Pokémon: Lucario and the Mystery of Mew - When Team Rocket is absorbed by the antibodies. Made me feel real sad for their Pokémon.
Orphan - Kate's fight with Leena. Loved when she broke Leena's neck with a kick.
The Conjuring 2 - Lorraine's vision in Ed's study about her encounter with Valak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom