• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favourite music from the games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yacob

Superficial
Reaction score
List your favourite songs from the Pokemon games here. The ones I like are:

RBY Gym Leaders-Ol'skool, bring backs memories. :)
RS Rayquaza Battle-Full of pumped-up energy and drama.
FRLG Deoxys Battle-You have to listen to it to really like it.

And before I have to say this again...explain why you like the music. K?

Hmm...

GS National Park - There's something really sweet about this song. Tugs at the heartstrings, I guess you could say.
GS Ecruteak City - Same as above.
Colloseum Miror B's Theme - It's so upbeat and dancy and fun! <3

The entire Pokemon Stadium 1 soundtrack is brilliant. Especially Prime Cup Semifinal, Poke Cup Final, Mewtwo Battle, and every theme from Gym Leader Castle. Honestly, Stadium 2's soundtrack disappointed me in comparison. :/

In the Game Boy games... Everything, with a few exceptions - Dragon's Den breaks my eardrums - is at least good. The real gems are...

RBY - Final Rival Battle. While not much by current standards, in its time I LOVED this theme.
GSC - Kanto Gym Leader, Team Rocket Battle, Johto Gym Leader, Champion Battle. All of these at one time amused me for hours on end.
RSE - Too many to count. All of it is great. But I guess I'd pick Team Leader Battle, Champion Battle, Route 111 (Desert), Magma/Aqua Battle, and the Legendary Battle.
FRLG - Deoxys Battle. The one original piece and it's by far the best.

The TCG game for Game Boy also has some very nice music.

Let's see...

RBY - Intro. Nothing can beat the original intro for the games.
RBY - Gym Leader music and the Fight vs Blue. They both are perfect for the situation they were created for.
Colloseum - Phenac City music. It's so soothing but also kind of cute in the upbeat part.
RSE - Battle vs Kyogre/Groudon, very dramatic music.

I have some more:

Most of Stadium 1 was awesome, like Misty said. Very upbeat. My favourites was the Mewtwo Battle, and believe it or not, the first few rounds of Pika Cup. There's also one that sounds like the RBY trainer fight but it's more of a remix and upbeat. I believe there were two versions: One in the key of F and another in the key of B (for the most part). But I haven't played Stadium 1 for a while.
FRLG Rival Remix (Gary Battle): So very addictive. Seriously, listen to that. NOW.
TCG1 Gym Leader: I can't explain it, but it's very good. Incidentally reminds me of something they'd play on CourtTV.
GSC National Park: Calm and sweet.

Ugh! WAY WAY WAY x 1000 too many songs for me to say, I'll list my best best best ones though
Cinnibar Island (FRLG): It sounds least like any Pokemon music I've ever heard, no midi has ever captured the perfection of it, the beginning of the song is like a peanut butter cup, the sweet future of the candy peanut butter on it's way and something mouthwatering to start off with. (dont look at me like that! I'm not psycho!)
Silph building (FRLG): so long, confusing..... reminds me of my first day at high school. (seriously, I remember my freshman days listening to that song.
the Blackthorn city remake on FRLG: you know the song is good when it got me into Clair.
FRLG wild battle music: Reminds me of Long Beach island and I am in love with that land!
FRLG trainer battle music: this song has the most incredible beginning to it, even pwns the Cinnibar one. I even thought up the dream dance for this tune.
Legendary FRLG music: Reminds me of the time I first caught my Miyamoto (Articuno). Pity the poor thing has shatty defense ._.
Lass theme FRLG: so warm and comforting
Rocker theme RS: makes me want to run on walls
Pokefan theme RS: reminds me of the time I got back into Zelda oot.
The trainer themes I feel are very unknown. They are very short but are extremely catchy. I recommend you Pokemusic-fans listen to them.

Ecruteak City... There is even a BGM of it, as evidenced in the Manene episode.

I can't remember too much of the music from the pokemon games. Let's see what I can come up with.

I liked the way FR/LG redid the R/B/Y music. It felt like old times made new again.

G/S/C TR battle music was amusing, too. Felt like you were about to battle a prankster or something.

G/S/C Ecruteak-I felt like I was really in an old oriental city. o.o

FR/LG brought new life into the old Azalea Town/Blackthorn City themes, and the music that I can only remember being for Violet City. It also recycled one of the route themes beautifully. I was actually rocking out to it, and I didn't do that to the original.

Ru/Sa/E: Petalburg City-upbeat, and I have thing for piano music, I guess.

Trick House-also amusing

Verdanturf-peaceful

Desert-I can rock out to it.

Route 113-That strange ash road music. It's just so cool.

Meteor Falls/Cave of Origin-strange cave music, it's oddly almost beautiful.

Route 119-you know, that rainy road. nice music

Route 120-the route east of Fortree. Cool music that sounds like it is raining.

E4 battle music-cool dramatic music and I clap to it, too

Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza battle music-the legendary battle of ultimate DOOM!-this is just awesome

Regi battle music-this is interesting, like battling against the titans

I tend to like music that is difficult to perform, and from time to time, difficult to listen to... But that's not the only reason. Some of them are because they are wholly appropriate.

(FR/LG) Entering the Hall of Fame
(FR/LG) Ending
(FR/LG bonus) Pokémon Tower 1997
(FR/LG bonus) Power of a Gym Leader
(R/S) Title Demo ~Setting off in Hoenn~
(R/S) Crossing the sea [in a ship]
(R/S) EverGrande City
(R/S) Battle! Super-Ancient Pokémon
(R/S) Ending - feels suitably nostalgic, as an ending should be.
(R/S bonus) STEVEN STONE

I like much of the music from the games. (All of it, really.)

R/B/Y:
Rival theme
Oak's Lab
Pallet Town
Lavender Town
S.S. Anne
Trainer Battle theme
Gym theme (For when you are inside the Gym)
Gym Leader Battle theme

G/S/C:
New Bark Town
Etcruteak City
National Park
Olivine City
Rival theme
Rival Battle theme
Ensuine's Theme/Battle theme.
Lavender Town (Pattern here. This is probably my favorite version.)

R/S/E:
Verdanturf
Team Aqua/Magma themes
Team Aqua/Magma battle themes
Rival Battle theme
Oceanic Museum
Legendary Battle theme
Rayquaza Battle theme
Battle Frontier theme
Frontier Brain Battle theme

FR/LG:
(READ: Same as RBY)
Deoxys Battle theme
The GSC remixes

Last edited:
It really pisses me off how Pokemon games outside of the main series never have OSTs. Same with most other Nintendo games... I would have killed for a Stadium OST, but I have to make do with the USF dump, which lags my computer like crazy :/

The Poké Floats theme from Super Smash Bros. Melee is by far my favorite Pokémon related music ever, the GSC remix is cool, too. IMO, the next Smash Bros. game needs a remix with the RSE battle themes, including the Normal Trainer, Gym Leader and Elite 4 tunes.

But for the Pokémon games themselves here are my favorites:

RBY:
Route 12: The classic, lovable route theme.
Champion Battle: I'm not sure why I like this one so much...
Credits: All the Pokémon credits themes rock! (including even PS, PS2, TCG and Coliseum)

GSC:
Rival Battle: I love this battle theme, it is extremly catchy!
Lavander Town: A more cheerful version from the RBY games, my favorite town theme from the game.
Route 42: I call it the "Mountain Routes Theme", very cool tune!
Credits: Feel the awful wrath of teh cute-dancing Pokémon!!!

RSE (ALOMST THE ENTIRE GAME'S SOUNDTRACK, but I'll list the ones that instantly put a smile on my face):
Oldale/Lavaridge Town: I fins this one very cute... how can sounds be cute?
Rival Battle: Why do all the rival's themes have to be so awesome?
Gym Battle: This is coolest Pokémon battle theme ever!
Elite 4 Battle: Almost as cool as The Gym Leader theme, only shorter.
Credits: Fits well the ending animation (Brendan/May riding in their bikes back to home while showing some of the Pokémon you cathed).

Coliseum:
Miror B and the Semifinal Battle themes.

I've seen mp3 format gamerips from most of the N64/GC Pokemon games (thus far, only missing XD that I know of), though they're all in varying degrees of quality...

Saa, anyway...

RBY:
Battle (VS Gym Leader)
Last Battle (VS Rival)
Rival Appears
Yellow Opening Theme

GCS:
Ruins of Alph
Violet City

RuSaEm:
Battle! Ancient Pokemon
Decisive Battle! Steven + the remix from the OST
Diving

FRLG:
Battle (VS Deoxys)
Cycling
Pokemon Tower

PokeColo:
Ending Theme
Miror B's Theme
Phenac City
Realgam Tower
Semifinal Battle

PokeXD:
Citadark Isle
Miror B's Theme (version 2! :<)
PokeSpot/Wild Pokemon Battle

[Hey You!] 'Prairie Wind' - Dunno where it's used (never played the game, just have the song), but it's a cute, upbeat little track. My favourite kind. XD;
[Snap] Rainbow Cloud

Miror B's theme ranks right up there with the greatest Pokemon game music of all time. :-D

"Let the music play!"

jigglysama said:
Elite 4 Battle: Almost as cool as The Gym Leader theme, only shorter.
That's that cute "clapping theme" ("Tatakai")! Now I know where it's from.

R/B/Y:
Route 7
Bike
Male Trainer Encounter
Champion Battle
Pokemon Tower

G/S/C:
Lucky Number Show (probably my favorite
Gaiaheart.gif
)
Eusine
Credits, twinkly version (after the main one, though the main one's nice, too)
Bike (Goldenrod City is cute, too)
National Park
Team Rocket
S.S. Aqua
Unown Radio

R/S/E (I don't have the games, but if VGMusic is any indication of what those songs sound like, then ok):
Sootopolis
Elite 4 Battle

Last edited:
MistyIRC said:
It really pisses me off how Pokemon games outside of the main series never have OSTs. Same with most other Nintendo games... I would have killed for a Stadium OST, but I have to make do with the USF dump, which lags my computer like crazy :/

When I was in France like 5 years ago, I was given a CD for my birthday by one of the girls I was staying with. It has a lot of the Pokemon Stadium 1 music on it.

*edit* It was this CD. I still have it somewhere if you're interested.

Last edited:
The Silph Co and Game corner music in FR/LG... so addictive. I have the remix.

Kem said:
When I was in France like 5 years ago, I was given a CD for my birthday by one of the girls I was staying with. It has a lot of the Pokemon Stadium 1 music on it.

*edit* It was this CD. I still have it somewhere if you're interested.
Only ~26 tracks? Meh, the game has something like 70...

Let's see what I've got.

R/S: Slateport City, Wild Pokemon theme (I usually hum it most of the time), Elite Four theme (same with the Wild PKMN theme)
XD: Miror B's theme

G/S/C-Both the Rival's theme and his battle theme- It makes me wanna dance...
-The championship battle

XD -Miror B's theme, of course. ^^

R/S/E- Fight with Maxie/Archie
- Fight with Groudon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom