• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favourite New Move

Cyber Jet

Something for nothing
Reaction score
So what is your Favourite new move from Gen V?

For me its Blue Flare.

So what about you?

Scald. A water move I can teach to a fire type? YES PLEASE

The only fire type that can learn it oddly is Emboar.

But I have to say pretty good idea for a water move that can burn.

Acrobatics, awesome inthe URPG where battles are often fought without items.

Smack Down.

The ROCK(type) doesn't care that you're a Flying-type!

Electro Ball.

When Galvantula uses that move with Agility, it destroys just about everything.

Fusion Bolt is one badass move, especially when used after Fusion Flare. D8 Double Battles with Zek and Resh have never been more epic. If only Zek wasn't so slow, though...I want to see how Resh's improved Fusion Flare looks. D8

Bulldoze is awesome. My Boca-chan is too slow? Oops, not anymore! With a mix of Bulldoze and Flame Charge, she outspeeds anything. >D It's awesome.

Scald is also boss. Leaf Tornado is also cool, and I like Sky Drop too! These are all quite cool moves!

Scald, because it's the water type move that can burn, and all that. Counter-intuitive is cool.

Wonder Room, Psyshock (and relatives) are pretty cool, since they can jump on the other side of the Phys/Special divide.

Scald. Epic. Enough said. Why didn't anyone think of doing that earlier?

And by extension: Evil Eye...or in English...Hex. I swear, the direct Japanese translations are much much better then the localizations...in some cases, that is. Like Afro Break, Boiling Water, and Evil Eye.

But, digression aside, Hex + Scald on a Jellicent = awesome. Burn, then doubled Hex power.

Blue Flare, but I like its Japanese name better :D. I also really like Scald, Searing Shot, V-create and Psystrike.

Last edited:
Acrobatics and Electro Ball are my favourites, but Psyshock, Electro Net and Hex are also cool. Slightly off topic but the ability Prankster ( Mischievous Heart sounds better) is awesome!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom