• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favourite Pokemon Card Series?

HitmonTV

Reaction score
Hello, hope you're well. I've recently just joined and was curious to see what everybody's favourite Pokemon card series is?

I'm a huge fan of the Gym Heroes and Gym Challenge sets, Wizards of the coast got the artwork near enough perfect for me. Love the cards!

I just got my first cards as a handout for going to see Detective Pikachu on May 9th through the 12th, they no longer hand out cards at theatres where I am, not sure if that is the same for other locations.

So, not much of a card collector yet, hoping to buy the case file from the merchandise store in order to start my collection!

Fossil because some of my favorite Kanto mons were finally introduced as cards in that set such as Dragonite, Gengar, Horsea, Slowbro, Aerodactyl, Cloyster, and a bunch of others. I remember feeling trolled though when I read that the Japanese Fossil set had Mew and then realizing that the English set wouldn't have that card.

Neo Genesis since the first Lugia card was released in that set (even though I never got it lol, but it still looked so cool). That set introduced Gen 2 which I liked and I still remember getting my first Neo Genesis booster packs from Target: I randomly found them in 2000 I believe and at the time due to my disinterest in reading, I didn't even read the package and just assumed that they were large pieces of gum given that they were in the candy section. Then after I bought them I opened them and was surprised that they were cards. I pulled all kinds of Gen 2 Pokemon like Ledyba, the three Starters, Hoothoot, and several other common cards, plus a holo Steelix, Slowking, and Skarmory.

detective pikachu is my fave, i like the realism of the cards and I have the complete set! (finally)
My other fave is unbroken bonds and team up because of the cards with 2 pokemon on them!

I just got a deck of cards from "Let's Play, Pikachu" pack, they officially add to my collection!

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom