• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favourite Pokemon Game Music

Phoenixon

I'm back
Reaction score
Throughout their history of over 15 years, the Pokemon games have produced some awesome soundtracks in each generation, some recurring and some new.

My favourite recurring themes are the Opening theme (imo, B2/W2's version was the best) and the Pokemon Center theme (imo, X/Y's version was the best).

For DPPt, my favourite themes are the Bicycle theme, the Battle Tower theme, and Giratina's battle music in Platinum.
For HGSS, the music that plays in the Sinjoh ruins, as well as the music that plays when Arceus makes the egg, were cool.
For BW, I don't remember much because I played mostly with the sound off, but I recall that N's theme was good.
For XY, the Gym Leader battle and the Kanto Legendary battle themes were awesome. And, Sycamore's Lab theme was beautiful.

Oh, I almost forgot, Lavender Town's theme from Pokemon R/G/B was amazing.

So, what's your favourite Pokemon game music?

The Pokemon Stadium title theme, which also made... ummm... appearances?... as the B2/W2 gym leaders' final pokemon music and the title theme in XY.

The regular wild Pokemon battle theme in HG/SS, the music from B2/W2 in X/Y.
Iris' Champion theme in B2/W2, and Sycamore's Lab theme is great.

Every game has amazing music. Some that stand out are... Lavender Town, Champion Lance/Red, Brendan/May battle, Dialga/Palkia theme... Oh gosh, there's just too much! I think in x and y, the gym leader and elite four battles have become my new favorite pieces of Pokemon music.

I especially love themes... Like, if you listen, spear pillar has the dialga palkia theme, which is awesome. The lake caverns have the lake spirits' theme. Harder to hear, but so awesome. Kalos didn't have too many recurring themes other than team flare... Which was awesome as well.

I have way too much Pokemon music on my iPod...

Every game has amazing music. Some that stand out are... Lavender Town, Champion Lance/Red, Brendan/May battle, Dialga/Palkia theme... Oh gosh, there's just too much! I think in x and y, the gym leader and elite four battles have become my new favorite pieces of Pokemon music.

I especially love themes... Like, if you listen, spear pillar has the dialga palkia theme, which is awesome. The lake caverns have the lake spirits' theme. Harder to hear, but so awesome. Kalos didn't have too many recurring themes other than team flare... Which was awesome as well.

I have way too much Pokemon music on my iPod...

Amen.

Anyways, I love the Boutique theme. I wish it would be played at actual malls/retail stores.

Pokemon B/W & Pokemon B2/W2
Abyssal Ruins
Ghetsis Battle Theme
Colress Battle Theme
Route 10
Pokemon X/Y
Wild Battle Theme
Gym Battle Theme
Pokemon League
Coumarine City
Anistar City
Shalour City

There are many others I listen to but the one i listed are what I really liked the most.

I liked the original Lavender Town theme. It was so ominous and creepy, and it really fit the sad and down tone of Lavender Town.

Gen 1:
- Game Corner music

Gen 2:
- National Park
- Team Rocket battle music

Gen 3 Hoenn:
- Wild Pokemon battle music
- Teams Aqua/Magma battle music
- Route 113 battle music

Gen 3 - Colosseum:
- Friendly battle music
- Team Cipher battle music
- Colosseum round 3 music

Gen 3 XD:
- ?

Gen 4 Sinnoh:
- ?

Gen 4 HGSS:
- National Park (again)
- Pokeathlon final round music

Gen 5
- Team Plasma music (BW1 only)
- Nacrene City music
- Opelucid City music
- Gym Leader music (including when the music changes to the main series theme)
- that Memory Link tune in BW2

Gen 6
- Bicycle music
- Shalour City music
- E4 battle music
- Champion match music
- XYZ Pokemon battle music

Sidegames - Mystery Dungeon:
- Almost anything based on the "Time Gear" melody -- "Through the Sea of Time", "Temporal Tower", and "Dialga's Fight to the Finish" especially.

gen 1
Opening music
Lavender town
Blue encounter
I don't listen to much other of the game's music.

Violet/Olivine City
Route 1 (Kanto)
Route 29
Gym music (GSC)
Red/Lance (GSC)

RGBY: Route 12/Cinnabar
GSC: Route 30/Ecruteak/Bike
RSE: Route 119/Mt. Pyre Heights
FRLG: Sevii Island Routes/Islands 4 & 5
DPPt: Route 225/Jubilife/Mt. Coronet Peak
HGSS: Sinjoh Ruins/Cerulean
BW: Plasma Battle/Desert Resort
XY: Jubilife/Snowbelle/Route 8

Pretty much that. My all-time favorite is probably Kalos Route 8, though.

Cynthia's battle music is my top favorite, but others I like are Diantha's battle theme, Iris's Champion battle theme, the music that plays in BW when Reshiram/Zekrom comes out of the stone that you have, Xerneas/Yveltal battle theme, Mewtwo's XY battle theme... I like a lot of battle themes, lol.

As for others, I like BW's Village Bridge, Laverre City's theme, Lavender Town's theme, Ghetsis's battle theme from all 5th gen games... Giratina's battle theme... i just really like battle themes ok

Oh boy... I replay the games just to listen to some of these:

Distortion World Giratina battle, Ho-Oh battle in HG/SS, B/W Gym battle, Dragonspiral Tower, N battle, B/W's credits theme, Canalave City, Dendemille Town, Champion battle in FR/LG (super nostalgia. LG was my first Pokemon game ever.), the Pokemon League in HG/SS... that's all I can think about. A good deal of the music that you hear in N's Castle gives me goosebumps- either from it being epic (Reshiram/Zekrom coming out of stone or busting through the wall, Legend battle, and N's theme) or it being creepy (N's room... augh...).

As for side games, I love the Mystery Dungeon Explorers series. That was probably my first experience with truly amazing video game music. When I found that feature in Explorers of Sky that allowed you to listen to the music whenever you wanted, I think I nearly died of happiness. :D

Edit: I managed to get just about all of these songs onto my phone (except for Giritina's battle theme... why?!!) And I remembered one I really love: the B/W Gym Leader battle. Once I got that onto my phone, it seems like the song that has the most energy, and the fullest sound. Gives me a small adrenaline rush every time I listen to it- definitely one of my all-time favorites. :D

Last edited:
Oh boy... I replay the games just to listen to some of these:

Distortion World Giratina battle, Ho-Oh battle in HG/SS, B/W Gym battle, Dragonspiral Tower, N battle, B/W's credits theme, Canalave City, Dendemille Town, Champion battle in FR/LG (super nostalgia. LG was my first Pokemon game ever.), the Pokemon League in HG/SS... that's all I can think about. A good deal of the music that you hear in N's Castle gives me goosebumps- either from it being epic (Reshiram/Zekrom coming out of stone or busting through the wall, Legend battle, and N's theme) or it being creepy (N's room... augh...).

As for side games, I love the Mystery Dungeon Explorers series. That was probably my first experience with truly amazing video game music. When I found that feature in Explorers of Sky that allowed you to listen to the music whenever you wanted, I think I nearly died of happiness. :D

Amen. I feel the same way. That music is just amazing.

Cynthia's battle music is my top favorite, but others I like are Diantha's battle theme, Iris's Champion battle theme, the music that plays in BW when Reshiram/Zekrom comes out of the stone that you have, Xerneas/Yveltal battle theme, Mewtwo's XY battle theme... I like a lot of battle themes, lol.

As for others, I like BW's Village Bridge, Laverre City's theme, Lavender Town's theme, Ghetsis's battle theme from all 5th gen games... Giratina's battle theme... i just really like battle themes ok

Does anyone know the name of this???

the music that plays in BW when Reshiram/Zekrom comes out of the stone that you have
Does anyone know the name of this???
Well, the BW soundtrack was just released in English. I'm not sure exactly which track you're talking about, but I think it's track 97 here. (Titled "The Dragon Awakens.")

(EDIT: I just searched the track on youtube, and that is exactly the one that plays when Reshiram/Zekrom comes out of the stone. But it's also known as "The Dragon Awakened" or "The Dragon's Awakening".)

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom