• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favourite Regi

What's your favourite Regi?

• Regirock

• Regice

• Registeel

• Regigigas

• Regieleki

• Regidrago

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
What's your favourite Regi?
Is it Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Regigigas, Regieleki or Regidrago.
20150109200640!377Regirock (1).png
250px-378Regice.png
250px-379Registeel.png
250px-486Regigigas.png
250px-Regieleki.png
250px-Regidrago.png

You can also tell how would you rank them

Mine would definitely have to be Regigigas. I attribute it to Generation 4 games being my first, but I spent a lot of time at Snowpoint Temple as a child trying the ice puzzle, only to be unable to receive Regigigas. Maybe some would find it sad, but it honestly just drove me into liking it more and being fascinated by it.

PinRSani378.png

This is a tough one. I'd have to say it's mostly between Regice and Regigigas, though Regice edges out. You just can't beat those ice crystals. As for my rankings:
  1. Regice
  2. Regigigas
  3. Regirock
  4. Registeel
  5. Regieleki
  6. Regidrago

I like Regirock the most for its ruggedness and slight asymmetry. Look how cool it is from behind with those stalagmites protruding from its back:

Spr_b_4d_377.png

Regigigas, because he's supremely awkward to get a hold of and terrible in battle - and he thus embodies everything the Regis are all about. I love how obscure they are, I love the fact that RSE offers virtually no signposting at all, and I even appreciate the fact that the trio are competitively lacklustre compared to their fellows. It's all about delayed reward, and the difficulty in obtaining them makes even a mediocre prize very sweet. It's fantastic worldbuilding, and Regigigas is the cherry on top.

I like Registeel's sleek, robotic look. I think it was the only one of the OG trio I was able to catch in Gen 3 when I was younger.

While I don't particularly like Regigigas's design, I do think it's relationship to the Regis and its method of unlocking is super interesting. It's definitely one of the better legendary quests in the series, if not the best.

Regice, although I like all three Hoenn Regis (but not the rest, ugh).

Regice; crystals are inherently cool (pun intended), and the cry is pretty pleasing.

I also like Regidrago even if it isn't released yet; the dark red/black coloration is a nice and edgy palette, and I do like the aesthetic of it being a crystal robot with the gaping jaws of a dragon as its limbs.

Regirock.
I cannot like the new pair, Regigigas could have more moss, Regice's head seems like an angel paladin from Digimon (Seraphimon) and Registeel has akward arms and and hands. I just love how Regirock is not symmetric, has orange, found in the desert and seems that can at any time reassemble if destroyed.

Last edited:
As a child it was Registeel, but I'm leaning towards Regidrago at the moment. Dragon a really unique and unexpected typing for a Regi to have, and it's quite clever how Regidrago's design manages to incorprate the Dragon type without losing the essence of the Regis. I like its colour scheme, as well. I'm also intrigued by it because we still don't know, for certain, what era it's meant to represent. I think it represents the Mesozoic Era (a.k.a. the Age of Reptiles, when dinosaurs walked the Earth) but other people say it represents the Middle Ages, which would also make sense because of the legends of dragons that period is known for. I'm sticking with my Mesozoic theory for now because I think that would be way cooler.

Has anyone else noticed how in the Crown Tundra, these Pokemon are referred to as legendary giants, not titans like they were previously? I like this detail because "giant" is a more British term, whereas "titan" has Ancient Greek origin. Whether this is the new official name for the group, or if it's just a Galar-specific thing, remains to be seen.

Last edited:
I think it represents the Mesozoic Era (a.k.a. the Age of Reptiles, when dinosaurs walked the Earth) but other people say it represents the Middle Ages, which would also make sense because of the legends of dragons that period is known for. I'm sticking with my Mesozoic theory for now because I think that would be way cooler.

I know skepticism about these things is kinda my "brand," but I gotta' be honest, I was never particularly convinced by the "Ages" theory about the Regis.

Like, supposedly you have the Stone Age and the Iron Age, but then instead of the Bronze Age in between them (which is how that whole arc of history is typically broken down), you throw in the "Ice Age," even though unlike Stone/Bronze/Iron, the "Ice Age" isn't so much a specific epoch of human development, and is instead a recurring natural phenomenon. Overall it kind of feels like the whole thing must have started when someone who didn't know what they were talking about and was only loosely familiar with these terms through pop culture tried to come up with a "theme" after reading Regice's Dex entry say "ice age." Then trying to find more periods that we've happened to refer to as "Ages," even if they all come from unrelated systems and perspectives on history, to apply to Regieleki and Regidrago just feels like even more of a stretch to me.

I find it especially odd when considering that the Regis were seemingly all created at the same time? Regice's body is made of ice from an ice age, yes, but that doesn't mean Regigigas couldn't have obtained the rock and the magma that it needed for the other two elsewhere. I've always imagined them to be contemporaries.

Has anyone else noticed how in the Crown Tundra, these Pokemon are referred to as legendary giants, not titans like they were previously? I like this detail because "giant" is a more British term, whereas "titan" has Ancient Greek origin. Whether this is the new official name for the group, or if it's just a Galar-specific thing, remains to be seen.

(To be fair, SwSh didn't disband the "titan" terminology altogether. Most noticeably, Peony names the expedition "Terrible Titans... Lurking Locked Away!", but there's also the fashion designer (granted, he says he's from another region so there's an excuse; yes, I know I'm detail-obsessed) in Wyndon who makes clothes based on Eleki and Drago, and he refers to them as the Legendary titans of Galar. I suppose you could say that Peony is just going for whatever sounds more exciting.)

Regardless, I do like that they call them giants as well. And with Regigigas being found in the Giant's Bed, it makes me wonder if the other "Giant's ____" locations in the Tundra and the Wild Area were named after it. (Incidentally, Regigigas is always the first thing that came to my mind from the very beginning.) Furthermore, I like that we battle Regigigas in a Max Raid, truly emphasizing its "giant" qualities. That gives it a sense of towering imposition that it's never had before. I wonder what Regigigas's story in Galar really is.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom