• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favourite Remake?

Favourite remake?

• FireRed/LeafGreen

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • HeartGold/SoulSilver

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Let's Go, Pikachu/Let's Go, Eevee!

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
Okay, I'm tying between ORAS and HGSS, and I can't really give a definitive answer till I feel like replaying them. Which may be a while.

One thing's for sure, though....

I'd flat out throw myself out a cliff, break my limbs, burn myself from searing magma, and send myself into McKamey Manor... than give even the vaguest implication that LGPE is somehow a good remake; let alone an installment in the entire series.

My opinion will be highly unpopular. But of the three remakes that I've played, Leaf Green, Heart Gold, Alpha Sapphire, I don't like any of them.

I did quite enjoy Leaf Green when I played it the first time. But I've seen so many of Kanto in the last year through Nuzlocke series on YouTube or ROM hacks or even my own Nuzoockes that it soured my view of LG.

Heart Gold is a game that I borrowed from my friend and I never completed it. I guess I lost interest in it midway through and returned it to my friend.

Alpha Sapphire was just a big disappointment since I began with Emerald. Being true to Sapphire didn't appeal to me and I haven't touched the game in years now.

And for Let's Go, I don't think that I'll ever play it. So here's to hoping that BDSP is actually good.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom