• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Favourite Sailor Moon Villains?

zakisrage

SAEV DEH WHALEZ!
Reaction score
For anyone who's watched Sailor Moon...who's your favourite villains?

My favourites:

Professor Tomoe - He's definitely my favourite. This guy was hilarious. I remember he always cracked me up when I was a kid. Can't wait to see how they'll do him in the Viz dub!

Saphir - I always felt really bad for him, since he was the one who saw through Wiseman's plan and tried to warn his brother. I still cry whenever I see the scene where he dies. (My friend Ashley loves Saphir even more than I do. He even has a plushie of Saphir that his sister made for him when he was a kid.)

Chanelas - Those little furry rabbit thingies from the fifth episode - the ones that hypnotised Shingo and the other kids. I thought they were sooooo cute!

Bonus question: which monsters-of-the-week did you like best - Youmas, Cardians, Droids, Daimons, Lemures, or Phages?

Nehelenia (whatever her name spelled). I liked her from the 90s animation. Out of all the other villains, I felt her story was the most understandable; how extreme loneliness drove her to madness and obsession of youth; how, as a queen, she felt nobody were her true friends. It's like the classic Evil Queen story from fairy tales. She eventually turns back into a good queen and I liked the design they gave her for her younger form.

I also liked all the Witches 5 from Crystal. Mimette was my favorite from the original because she was cute. Also, the Witches 5 from the 90s animation had a funny trope where they changed their team name whenever one of them died. They'd change it to Witches 4, and then Witches 3... XD

Like Klavier Gavin, my favorite big villain has to be Nehelennia, which is amazing since she's the villain of SuperS, which is the season I'd otherwise hate because it focuses heavily on Chibiusa, my least favorite character. Her fear of growing old and jealousy of the White Moon was very interesting to watch play out, even more so in the beginning episses of StarS. Fun fact, in one of the musicals, Galaxia brings back Beryl instead of Nehelennia to do perform the exact same task she did in StarS, which I honestly think would have been great to watch in the anime.

My two favorite sub villains would have to be Mimette from S and Fish Eye from SuperS. Both were very comedic and also had moments of great character development. Crystal definitely didn't do 90's Mimette justice, which was to be expected. I'll be interested to see how Fish Eye, as well as Nehelennia, will be handled in Crystal.

So many favourites to mention, but I have to give top spot to Sailor Iron Mouse. The whole rotary telephone phone thing has always been V. amusing to me, and her attempts to escape Galaxia calling her. As I recall, the others used her telephone box method of teleportation, but not the phone itself?

Her demise was brutal while comedic at the same time. Trying desperately to negotiate with Galaxia.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom