• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favourite town music?

henrymidfields

Prime Minister of Shoyo 昇陽国内閣総理大臣
Reaction score
Since we have a worst town music, let's also do a best town music too. Here are the ground rules:
- Any place which is actually a human settlement is fair game. This includes places that you cannot fly to, like Anville Town.
- Please do not include League locations, as they are not really cities or towns in the actual sense.
- Arrangements of music for the Pokemon anime are also welcome.
- And finally, no touching of the face or forehead.

Castelia City and Nimbasa City
The music really feels like I am in New York City. Both feel like a fusion of Jazz and Pop that reflects the hustle and bustle of the real-life city. I actually hope that there would be an actual recording of Nimbasa City by an actual Big Band, or something similar to a Blues Brothers Band; now that would be swell.

Lumiose City
As a fan of classical and orchestral music, it felt epic when I first heard Lumiose City, and it really fitted the bill of an European city. There were times that I intentionally stopped playing so that I could hear more of it - it's one of those rare moments where I could not get sick of the music, because it was so lively and memorable. The anime version is even better, because it is with a live orchestra.

Jubilife City (XY edition)
The refined jazz sense of this music also made me stop the game just so that I could listen to it for longer periods. I reckon this should replace Saffron City should a 2016? remake of RBY come out, because that fits the urban environment of Poke-Tokyo better.

Vermillion City
This one is interesting that there are two different remixes that work effectively with the game. The RBY version has a lively upbeat tune which reflects you looking at the ocean and dreaming of your further adventure in Kanto. The GSC version, on the other hand, really felt like I returned home to Kanto after a long voyage in and around Johto. Both are very fitting to their respective games.

Pallet Town
How much more memorable can you get than this?

Last edited:
Difficult to say ... I'm going to try picking one from each region

Kanto: Vermillion City, for the same reasons as henrymidfields. Pokémon Reorchestrated did an excellent version of it as well

Johto: I'm going to go for New Bark Town. Had the whole sleepy town thing going, but done better than Pallet Town for reasons I can't quite put my finger on

Hoenn: Lilycove City. Nicely memorable, but I find that some of the other Hoenn town themes are bit too easily repetitive for the length of the time you'll spend in the city. Slateport, in particular. First rendition is great, but when you're doing sidequests and shopping it's a bit much

Sinnoh: Jubilife City. Kinda jazzy, muted so it doesn't get irritating, yes please

Unova: Accumula Town. It was fun and catchy - doubly so by adding the instruments - and it was a small, insignificant town so you could easily leave when you'd had enough

Kalos: Geosenge Town. Most of the Kalos town music was rather good, but I like the length of Geosenge

Last edited:
One from each region!

Kanto: Celadon City. The FR/LG rendition. It was a unique theme that you didn't hear anywhere else and it sounds like the theme of a big city.

Johto: Violet City. I've got a weird bias because this music played in the Sevii Islands, a place full of good memories for me.

Hoenn: Slateport City. I could hum the entire song from memory. The redone version from ORAS sounds even better than the original.

Sinnoh: Canalave City. I don't know why, but it's a perfect fit for reading those weird legends in the library.

Unova: Village Bridge, especially when you have all the different instruments pitching in at the same time.

Kalos: Dendemille Town. Kalos did have a lot of great field music, but this one just stands out to me for some reason. Snowbelle City is also a real gem.

Lavender Town in HGSS. 2nd place is Opelucid City in White and 3rd is Village Bridge in BW. Gen V and HGSS had my favorite music In general (discounting PMD2).

I'll do it by region as well.

Kanto: Vermillion.

Johto: Azalea/Blackthorn. I adore the vocal version they released as well.

Hoenn: Ever Grande. Slateport is a close second.

Sinnoh: Sunyshore.

Unova: Virbank.

Kalos: Anistar.

Last edited:
Lavender Town in Pokémon Red and Green (v1.0) because the whole binaural beats thing which revolves around that track simply fascinates me.

I' know I'm forgetting some other really good ones, but Azalea Town, Nimbasa City, and Sunyshore City are some of my favorites.

Probably the original Red and Green Lavender Town. The whole story around it really interests me. No doubt there are others I like, but I can't remember them of the top of my head.

Probably Snowpoint's theme at night in D/P/Pt, because of how beautiful it sounds (it helps I love winter lol). Opelucid in White, Aspertia, Anistar and Snowbelle all deserve mentions too.

Vermilion City
S. S. Anne (FRLG version)
Pallet Town
New Bark Town
Snowbelle City
Anistar City
Laverre City
DPPt Pokemon Center at night
HGSS Lavendar Town
Verdanturf Town
Sootopolis City
Opelucid City (White)

Last edited:
I looooved Verdanturf town. I would just fly there, stand there and let that music play because I loved it so much as a kid haha. Also, when thinking back the Gen 2 version of Pewter City also comes to mind. Vermillion City is also a favorite.

Kanto: Pallet Town
Johto: New Bark Town
Hoenn: Littleroot Town
The music of 'home' sounds really nice to my ears.

Sinnoh: Sunyshore City. I like both day and night. Very energetic.
Unova: Driftveil and Humilau City are my top favs. Unova has a lot of good music, but Driftveil and Humilau appeals to me as unique. Black City is a close second.

Kalos: Snowbelle City. So many feels.

The hometowns have nice music.

Faves-
Kanto- Cerulean City, Viridian City, Vermilion City
Johto- Azalea Town, Violet City, Goldenrod City
Hoenn- Verdanturf Town, Ever Grade City, Petalburg City
Sinnoh- Eterna City, Floaroma Town, Hearthome City
Unova- Accumula Town, Nacrene City, Icirrus City
Kalos- Lumiose City, Snowbele City, Laverre City

Last edited:
Gen I: Lavender (yes. I'm serious. Although the Gen II version is friggin sweet as well)

Gen II: Violet

Gen III: Sootopolis

Gen IV: Eterna, Sunnyshore

Gen V: Opelucid (both versions!), Driftveil

Gen VI: Cyllage

I forgot about Ever Grande City, I thought it was just an entrance to the Pokemon League :p. That music is friggin awesome!

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom