The following event bonuses will be active between 2:00pm and 5:00pm on both days of the event:
- 2× XP for catching Pokémon.
- 2× Stardust for catching Pokémon.
- 1/2 Hatch Distance when Eggs are placed into Incubators during the event period.
- 2× Candy for catching Pokémon.
- 2× chance for Trainers level 31 and up to receive XL Candy from catching Pokemon.
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Incense (excluding Daily Adventure Incense) activated during the event will last for three hours.
- One additional Special Trade can be made, for a maximum of two per day.
- Trades made during the event will require 50% less Stardust.
Trainers will be able to receive 2022 Community Day stickers by spinning PokéStops, or opening Gifts. Trainers can also purchase these stickers directly from the in-game shop.
A Community Day-exclusive Special Research story, December Community Day 2022, will be available for purchase at US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in each local currency). This Special Research can also be gifted to any friend with a Friendship level of Great Friends or higher. This Special Research does not include an in-game medal.
In the Wild
The following Pokémon will be featured on December 17th, from 2:00pm to 5:00pm local time.
- Alolan Sandshrew
- Alolan Geodude
- Galarian Zigzagoon
For the duration of this event, the following Pokémon will be appearing in one-star raids:
The following Pokémon will hatch from 2km Eggs during this event:
Timed Research leading to encounters with all Pokémon featured in previous Community Days in 2021 and 2022 will be available throughout the event.
The following featured attacks will be available when evolving to these Pokémon between 9:00am and 9:00pm local time on both days:
- Venusaur: Charged Attack Frenzy Plant
- Sandslash: Charged Attack Night Slash
- Alolan Sandslash: Fast Attack Shadow Claw
- Alolan Golem: Fast Attack Rollout
- Dragonite: Charged Attack Draco Meteor
- Jumpluff: Charged Attack Acrobatics
- Swampert: Charged Attack Hydro Cannon
- Walrein: Fast Attack Powder Snow and Charged Attack Icicle Spear
- Staraptor: Fast Attack Gust
- Gigalith: Charged Attack Meteor Beam
- Chandelure: Charged Attack Poltergeist
- Hydreigon: Charged Attack Brutal Swing
- Bewear: Charged Attack Drain Punch
- Obstagoon: Charged Attack Obstruct
- Ursaluna: Charged Attack High Horsepower