• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Features from past games you want to return

I also would like the ability to obtain two of the same mascot legendaries like in SM/USUM to come back.
The idea that Cyclizar might be the "new Cosmog" makes me hopefull.

I'm the opposite. The fact all pokemon use actual cries instead of two randomly going "PIKAAA" and "EVOIII" fits better. The fact the 3DS games gave pikachu its anime voice and then eevee later followed suit bothered me something fierce. It was like they didn't belong in the games with the other pokemon anymore.

That or some scientist screwed up in the game universe and wiped out all the Pikachu and Eevee in the known world and the anime universe had to send some of theirs over to repopulate.

I for one, don't want the anime voices in the game. I'm very content with Pokemon sounding like actual creatures than talking animals.

That’s why I hope we get the option to switch the cries. It just doesn’t make sense to change the #1 Pokémon’s cry in 3D. We can even have an NPC trainer named Ikue (or maybe Aoi for those with Eevee).

That’s why I hope we get the option to switch the cries. It just doesn’t make sense to change the #1 Pokémon’s cry in 3D. We can even have an NPC trainer named Ikue (or maybe Aoi for those with Eevee).
If anything, the only time anime-voiced Pokémon should be used is for the trainers named after Ikue and Aoi. You know...to hammer in the refrences.

It's just surprising that Junichi Masuda is suggesting updated cries for Pikachu. I get Legends was set in the past but Scarlet and Violet is in the present so GameFreak has to keep what they had prior Legends but post XY. DM'd Masuda on Instagram why GameFreak chose the choice but he still hasn't replied to it. And people thought that most of Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl's content was disappointing.

On the plus side, I hope that DeNA updates the Villain Arc poster in PMEX with Piers, Volvo, and Mela on them and have the Paldea chapter come.

There aren’t too many for me and majority of them are taken from PLA since that’s one of my favorite games to date but here goes:

• Link Cable and item evolutions like in PLA
  • Same catching mechanics from PLA
  • I personally liked the battle mechanics from PLA despite it looking like they aren’t in the game any more
  • PWT added so much replay value for me so it would be great to have that again
  • Option to have no EXP share like older games
  • Pokémon following you
  • Choosing when to evolve like in PLA
  • Choose moves for your Pokémon like in PLA
  • Difficulty levels except have them available from the start
One last one that might not be an exact game feature but I really miss the guide books, they are a collector item for me so I’d love it if they make them for all future games still.

I'm fine with allowing people to switch the Exp. Share off if they want to, but I don't get why it's such a sticking point for so many people. Do people not remember what grinding was like?
I think the issue is with it on, it’s way too easy and you’re over leveled but with it off, you can often have a big imbalance between the levels of the Pokémon in your team. Choice is good as if you like to play a more role play style, it would make sense you do some training outside of battles to level up your Pokémon.

Where do I begin?

1) I want the Pokéstar Studios thing to return. I mean, it was a lot of fun making movies in Black and White 2.

2) I also want special events that go with the Mythical Pokémon you get from Mystery Gift, as well as the ability to battle Mythical Pokémon in a special event, to come back (EX: Liberty Garden, the ritual of the Secret Sword, and Recovering the Lost Melody)

3) Also, Triple and Rotation Battles to come back. I mean, when was the last time we could do Triple and/or Rotation Battles?

4) Apricorn Balls (I know they came back in Gen 7, but here me out. What I want back is the ability to give Apricorns to a dedicated Poké Ball Maker, and have them make the Poké Balls you wanted to make, just like in Gold, Silver, Crystal and the remakes).

5) The "Victory is Right Before Your Eyes" theme that plays when you bring a Gym Leader down to their last Pokémon (and on that note, the Low HP music)

6) Secret Bases

7) PWT

2D cut-ins before a battle starts.

Being able to take out your Pokémon in overworld and interact.

Portable box.

Evolution items for evos that are downright stupid, like the trade evo's, but also alternative ways/items for Pokemon with high evolution requirements like Larvesta.

Varying sizes and weights like LGPE did them.

Hidden Grottos.

BW2's Difficulty Keys.

The move system from Legends Arceus where once learn you can freely mix and match moves on your Pokémon.

Breeding moves to be included into tutors like Legends Arceus did. Breeding sucks. Fuck breeding.

For me, it's small, but I want them to bring back a feature from Legends where trade evolutions could be evolved by exposure to their trade items or a Link Cable. Maybe they could introduce the Link Cable into SV as a very very rare item that serves as an alternate evolution method for Pokemon that otherwise evolve by trade.
This

Also, I have said it before, and I'll say it again. PLEASE bring back seasons. It was such a cool mechanic. The aesthetic changes, the gameplay changes... They were so good in BWB2W2. It's a real shame they removed that in Generation 6. #MAKESAWSBUCKGREATAGAIN

I actually wasn't the biggest fan of Seasons, nothing worse than not being able to get an item or pokemon becuase you weren't playing the game in the right month and young you didn't think of changing the DS clock.

To be able to pet your pokemon . In pokemon picknic , youre able to give your pokemon a shower like in pokemon refresh, but I hope you can also pet them. It gives you an idea of how would be to pet them. In pokemon amie/refresh, we can see that goomy is sticky, and your hand goes through gengar, for example.

To be able to ride some of your own party pokemon like in LGPE. I know koraidon/miraidon are your main rides, but you could be able to ride other pokemon at least in the post game if you chose.

Memory readers. I have fun reading the memories of the pokemon, it gives more personality to them. I loved when my Arcanine that hatched in pokemon X remembered being hatched in that daycare road. My charizard, that I received from syncamore as charmander in kalos, still remembered battling xerneas.

Shinies apearing as shinies in the overworld and in the boxes, being able to chose when to evolve and when to learn moves.

Rotation, triple, sky and inverse battles. The ribbon "title " of your pokemon being said when you send your pokemon to battle.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom