• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Features from past games you want to return

Honestly, I can not believe I forgot about this feature, but diving underwater from RSE and ORAS. I thought it was the coolest little feature, especially when you had to go through an underwater route to get to Sootopolis. Exploring Sea Mauvile half underwater was so freaking cool too. Just imagine exploring an underwater area like that with a free-control camera, and overworld Pokemon. It would be incredible, to get to swim around on the back of a Sharpedo or a Dewgong (or maybe a dolphin Pokemon if we get one) and see all these underwater Pokemon in their natural habitat. I definitely hope this feature makes a return sometime soon.

Honestly, I can not believe I forgot about this feature, but diving underwater from RSE and ORAS. I thought it was the coolest little feature, especially when you had to go through an underwater route to get to Sootopolis. Exploring Sea Mauvile half underwater was so freaking cool too. Just imagine exploring an underwater area like that with a free-control camera, and overworld Pokemon. It would be incredible, to get to swim around on the back of a Sharpedo or a Dewgong (or maybe a dolphin Pokemon if we get one) and see all these underwater Pokemon in their natural habitat. I definitely hope this feature makes a return sometime soon.

Better yet, they should bring back diving as a freely controllable swimming mechanic like a typical action game instead of "Press A to warp to the seafloor". Where you can swim up or down to whatever depth you want at any time. Diving adds so much to the exploration that they certainly need to bring it back.

Not sure if this really counts, but I recently did the Mt. Battle challenge on Pokemon Colosseum to get Ho-oh and I really like how you bring all six of your pokemon in and select 3 (4 if its a double battle) before each battle like its battle spot. You even get to see the opponent's team beforehand. It felt like actual competitive against AI players.

It was way more fun than any other battle tower I've done in the core games and I enjoyed not being stuck with the same party order for every single battle. It felt way more fair and not so luck reliant as well. I'm now hoping the next battle tower works similarly.

I'm always for post game battle challenges if they let me use my party I've raised up and there aren't stupid gimmicks like the game cheating to make a team to beat you. That's not a fun challenge gamefreak, its a prick move.

Also let me use my whole team and not just like 1 to 3 pokemon. Maybe then the game can't cheat and structure a team JUST to kill me.

I'm a bit annoyed that the battle facility that's always brought back is the Battle Tower and not the Battle Factory, which I've always thought was more fun and provided a more even challenge.

I'm a bit annoyed that the battle facility that's always brought back is the Battle Tower and not the Battle Factory, which I've always thought was more fun and provided a more even challenge.
I agree that the Battle Factory is the best battle facility by far. The Battle Agency in USUM also proves that GameFreak can include the Battle Factory in future games even if the context is different. The Battle Factory rules can even be incorporated into the Battle Tower as separate options (Random Single, Random Double) to avoid creating a separate facility.

I hope that Pikachu and Eevee will have their voice actresses provide their battle cries and sounds again. Plus I hope the move changing plus TMs being ♾️ use plus the Escape Rope being a item.

Gods I hope they don't make Pikachu and Eevee's cries like the anime again. Its so jarring compared to the other pokemon's more 'normal' animal cries. Like we got this fairy thing going "pipipi~" or this bug going 'DELELELEWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'

and then "PIKACHU owo" EVOI owo"

You stop that.

--Contests--preferably something theater inspired, as a nod to Spain's long tradition of theater. But don't make this like BW's Pokemon Musical, where all you did was dress up the Pokemon and watch. Give the player some interactivity in the theater.
--Battle Frontier 3.0, please? (if we consider D/P/Pt's version 2.0)
--The Safari Zone, turned up to 11
--build on Galar's curry, and have us make tapas or paella with our teams.

Ooh man to go along with cooking normal foods like curry let us make little snacks like poffins so we can feed our pokemon like we could with the cupcake things and the beans in Gens 6 and 7.

Let my handfeed my Spriggywig dang it!

I just wanna see our Pokemon able to follow us...and keep up. Every time I think we're closer to it becoming a mainstay, we get a game where this feature is removed. Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee brought it back, only for SwSw to remove it...Until SwSh's DLC gave us the ability in the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra again. Then BDSP added it once more. Come Legends Arceus, its gone again. We could throw our Pokemon out of their ball at any time, but they wouldn't follow us.
I agree, but I barely consider Sword & Shield and Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl a proper return of the walking Pokémon, personally. I can't have my Torterra follow me throughout the game without calling it back in its Poké Ball and reappear again randomly, c-o-n-s-t-a-n-t-l-y. (And don't get me started on... Ekans...) It is no fun. Sword & Shield's DLC did not handle it any better. I think HeartGold & SoulSilver (thanks to its sprite graphics), and (although I haven't played it, but as far as I have seen) Let's Go games were the only instances that the feature was adapted properly. If it is going to be a nausea to have my Pokémon walk with me, I better not do that, thanks.

If we assume the PLA features with all the sneaking and distracting with berries and stuff isn't in this game a Safari zone like area could be a cool place to have that kind of gameplay in future games.

Ehh, I don't think that kind of stuff should be LA exclusive, it's far too realistic and useful. I think future Legends games retain a unique gameplay identity by trending towards real time battling while keeping the main games turn based. There seems to be fans that want one or the other or both, so that's an ideal place to split the two styles.

As for the Safari Zone, I don't think there's a place for a traditional one anymore. The LA style is a more polished version of what they wanted to do with it and again, that should really be part of the main gameplay. However, a something non-traditional like the Friend Safari would be very much on the table. The Safari Zone could retain its usefulness by layering some kind of mechanic on top of it, especially one that involves sharing/communication with other players and/or changing content. The Friend Safari is a wonderful example of the former, having the player make friends with other players to unlock new Pokemon. As for the latter, I'm thinking a combination of Mirage Spots and Dynamax Adventures would be great. Every day there would be a new dungeon-like Safari Zone for you to explore with a different mix of Pokemon and a tougher Pokemon at the end (either a Pokemon that has the regional burst gimmick or something rare like an HA Pokemon, Alpha Pokemon, etc.). That would give it the evergreen content of the Mirage Spots while giving it more of an expedition feel of Dynamax Adventures.

I personally don't think the PLA catching style should be carried over to the main game, sure its fun for a side-main series but I don't think it should be kept forever.
I didn't feel like I earned any of my team in PLA because they were all caught by just throwing a smoke ball sneaking up throwing a berry and then hitting a backstroke heavy ball which was basically a guaranteed catch. So maybe if they balanced it some more or something.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom