• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Features from past games you want to return

I think the Safari Zone could work if they revamped it. I did like the whole "expedition adventurer" vibe they were going for in the Crown Tundra, so I could see them doing something similar by having a side-quest whereby a character hires the Player to be a Ranger (complete with the Ranger Trainer Class outfit unlock) for the Safari Park where you have to collect items to make PokéFeed for the animals (think the Curry minigame), fight off poachers and when you're done you get rewarded with one of the new Gen's Fossil Pokémon that have been preserved in the park.

:unsure:

I personally don't think the PLA catching style should be carried over to the main game, sure its fun for a side-main series but I don't think it should be kept forever.
I didn't feel like I earned any of my team in PLA because they were all caught by just throwing a smoke ball sneaking up throwing a berry and then hitting a backstroke heavy ball which was basically a guaranteed catch. So maybe if they balanced it some more or something.
Well first of all I'd say going through that setup definitely counts as "earning" a capture, and second of all if you wanna do it the old way you still can just by throwing a Pokemon at what you want to catch.

Well first of all I'd say going through that setup definitely counts as "earning" a capture, and second of all if you wanna do it the old way you still can just by throwing a Pokemon at what you want to catch.
I disagree given it takes like 2 seconds but I suppose I can see why it might count for some people, just doesn't for me.
Also technically not true because Pokemon like Starly like to just run away before you even get a turn so your only choice is overworld capture but for the most part fair enough.

controversial opinion maybe, but i would love a rainbow rocket return in some form. maybe not the whole team, but giovanni did appear to have plans to continue his evil plans in another world. unlikely, but it would be cool to have a postgame plotline where characters from other games come together to track down giovanni/ghetsis/whoever

also following pokemon. please.

OH MAN, GIOVANNI AND VOLO TEAM UP.

Which shifty bastard's gonna backstab the other first!? And why am I gonna be siding with Volo if I get the choice. ;P

Also following pokemon should not be hard to implement just have the dang things glued behind you like the party in Final Fantasy 8 or whatever. SNAKE GAME! Oh! Idea just hit me.

You could like talk to your pokemon and have two options like "what's it up to" and it would have stuff like in HGSS where it finds items or tells you how its feeling about the area, and the second be- depending on which you have active at the time- either "relax" or "keep close". Relax would let your pokemon not have to keep up with you and when your trainer stops they could do things like look around, take a nap, or interact with wild friendly pokemon and your trainer. Keep Close would have your pokemon following you like in HGSS and basically staying right by your side and keeping up perfectly with your trainer. Like they're standing guard over you so they gotta stay close.

The problem with a Rainbow Rocket return is gen 8, Oh boy we got team yell from the universe where they succeeded in their job of... uh... Making Marnie champion? Okay that doesn't work why don't we get Rose from the universe where he successfully gave galar... infinite power... Do we HAVE to invite one of these guys?
But i suppose that's just if they do the same plot they did in USUM which I suppose technically they could just... not.

I feel like any RR that would reappear would literally just be Giovanni and maybe some admins and generic rocket mooks. Some of the mooks could be like, clearly designed to look like they were pulled from other teams or something.

I've been thinking about it and I'd love it if there were a return to an actual villainous teams. Rose and the villain plot of SwSh felt extremely underwhelming and even if teams might be gimicky they always feel like they're a fun time to me.

RR return would be cool, but I think I'd like it if there were more returning characters in general. They could continue the side-storyline set up with PLA by including Emmet or another Unova character, or maybe they could revist characters from Johto, Hoenn, or Kalos since I feel as if those regions haven't gotten a lot of attention recently. I feel like fans usually get excited when characters return and there are a lot of sub-fandoms around specific characters that would be fun to see explode if they're in the new region.

I don't really think the plot is considered a feature? Its basically mandatory, no?

I'd certainly appreciate a deeper and more mature plot, though. Dragon Quest managed to do so in the past, as well as other Japanese games. The game being catered mostly to children doesn't need to stand in the way of this.

Heck, Toy Story 3 had one of the better Disney plots, yet it was a 'children's movie'. I still think a lot of Pokémon fans don't like criticism of their beloved franchise.

I don't care what they do with the evil teams as long as they feel like actual antagonists and the plot is actually interesting and well written. SwSh feels like a perfect example of what not to do with the antagonists, with Team Yell and Rose having no coherent motives or plans and just being antagonists for the sake of having antagonists.

I don't care what they do with the evil teams as long as they feel like actual antagonists and the plot is actually interesting and well written. SwSh feels like a perfect example of what not to do with the antagonists, with Team Yell and Rose having no coherent motives or plans and just being antagonists for the sake of having antagonists.
Rose did have motives, they were just very poorly implemented. He wanted to save the future of Galar from an energy crisis.

Honestly, I kind of hated that Eternatus wasn't shown off earlier while having it escape and cause an energy explosion or something to a town or city which the player could see. You know a shocking (but still tame enough to keep the E rating) moment to show why Eternatus needs to be kept out of Rose's hand. The last time we had this kind of moment happen was in X and Y and that was still too close to the climax.

B2W2 is how I liked it handled because, right after the 7th Gym, its shocking moment happened, thus spacing that moment enough for it to feel like the player isn't in total control on what happens in the world of Pokemon. So I'm hoping future darker plots do what B2W2 did.

Last edited:
Honestly, I kind of hated that Eternatus wasn't shown off earlier while having it escape and cause an energy explosion or something to a town or city which the player could see. You know a shocking (but still tame enough to keep the E rating) moment to show why Eternatus needs to be kept out of Rose's hand. The last time we had this kind of moment happen was in X and Y and that was still too close to the climax.

B2W2 is how I liked it handled because, after the 7th Gym, its shocking moment happened, thus spacing that moment enough for it to feel like the player isn't in total control on what happens in the world of Pokemon. So I'm hoping future darker plots do what B2W2 did.
Yeah, Eternatus was so underutilized it was insane. For a Pokemon that epic to be to be dealt with so quickly...

I was also hoping it would end up being a confirmed Ultra Beast just for continuity sake.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom