• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Event February Event: Spread the Love Around!

@Juliko
That’s unfortunate; sorry. That said, I’ve taken the liberty of counting what you’ve already done and it looks like you only have one left. And even though you’ve missed a few days, you’ve also made some up with multiple reviews in one day, and if you’ve already gotten this far without anyone raising a flag on it, I can‘t imagine that your entries shouldn’t qualify at this point.

So, if you’re still interested in crossing the finish line with this, may I offer some suggestions for some ultra-quick reads? Many of the stories I’ve reviewed are @more than a torchic’s one-shots, which are typically pretty short and some of which are very short (and all that I’ve read so far are highly entertaining in their own ways, so hopefully my endorsements are a plus for you there). I see that you’ve already reviewed two of theirs, but some others that I’d recommend include, from shortest to longest:

1) Giovanni, At Last We See Each Other Plain (very short, but may be an acquired taste… you’ll know once you read it)
2) Wind and Rain (relatively short; GracefulShipping (Wallace x Winona); pure fluff!)
3) you were only waiting for this moment to be free (somewhat longer than the others and also GracefulShipping, but with mature and potentially disturbing themes; may not be your cup of tea for an afternoon but including anyway for options’ sake)

No, I’m not shilling for them, haha; I’m just recommending what I know. All can be read in less than ten minutes, or even half that with some of the shorter entries. If you were to ask me which one you should do, I’d recommend Wind and Rain for its near-perfect ratio of length to fluffiness, but the choice is yours, of course.

Hopefully my suggestions help you, should you decide to go for it!

Well, I've finished. I set myself the rule of eight different stories and pulled it off.

Thanks for holding the contest; it was helpful for getting me to read and post more here!

My final results.

02/11
Luceat Lux Vestra by silurica - chapters 1-3

02/12
Do Psychic-Type Pokemon Dream of Electric Sheep? by SparklingEspeon - prologue/chapter 1

02/14
The Long Walk by Beth Pavell - prologue - chapter 2

Black Heart, Bright Soul by Misfit Angel - prologue - chapter 1

02/17
Niente by silurica - entire oneshot

You Wouldn't Steal A Car (But Volkner Would) by more than a torchic - entire oneshot (well, more of a shitpost response to a shitpost fic)

I'm a Marionette by more than a torchic - chapters 1 - 3

Orre: The Desert by Ryoma Maser - revised chapter 1

I cannot do dates so just take the reviews:

Logging here. One for each day-ish. Was good to get back into reviewing. It's been too long. Read a lot of stories by people I've been meaning to review for a while.

My finale results of the Event, surprised I was able to do one for all eight days.

2/10-Different Eyes
2/11-Black Heart, Bright Soul
2/12-The Erthe Beyonde
2/13-Love and Other Nightmares
2/14-The Long Walk (Ch's 1-3)
2/15-Nori Carino: Official in Training (Month 0 and first 2 parts of Month 1)
2/16-Stray (Ch's 1-3)
2/17-White Swan, Black Swan (Prologue and first two chapters)

I'm happy I was able to least get into some stories I haven't yet and get some reviewing in cause I've been meaning to do it again. Also happy that I achieve my goal of reviewing a different story everyday no repeats (not including repeat authors).

Round-up time, I see:

I'm told that I don't need to post roundups here, but at this point I don't have faith in my ability to interpret rules as written and am just going to copy everyone else. peer pressure is great!!

2/10: Niente (1)
2/11: The Erthe Beyond (1-2)
2/12: I'm a Marionette (1-12)
2/13: Unknown: The Escape (1-4)
2/14: The Erthe Beyond (3-4)
2/15: I'm a Marionette (13)
2/16: White Swan, Black Swan (9)
2/17: Pokemon Magic Act & Everlight Stories (1-3)

Thanks for hosting, Pav! It was a lot of fun to dust off my bulba reviewing shoes and make good on a few stories I'd been meaning to catch up on + new stories I'd been meaning to read.

Last edited:
Nope, no need to post results, because I've been keeping track. Qualifying entries will go into the raffle for bonus reviews shortly - in the meantime all entrants should let me know which of their stories they want featured on the Twitter (post here). If you really don't want yours featured, you can gift the prize to someone else

Nope, no need to post results, because I've been keeping track. Qualifying entries will go into the raffle for bonus reviews shortly - in the meantime all entrants should let me know which of their stories they want featured on the Twitter (post here). If you really don't want yours featured, you can gift the prize to someone else
Too late! Blame @System Error for starting the trend! Though I personally did it to make it somewhat easier on you.

For my story, it will be obviously be Orre: The Desert since the only other one I have on here is a one-shot (unless you really go back....) and that hasn't been updated compared to the former for it to be promoted for me.

Anyways, enough jabbering. Thank you for the event as always Beth!

You can promote Pokemon: A Marvelous Journey if you wish.

Per my earlier post I don't want an ad on twitter because my writing is slow these days (I would still like to enter the raffle since reviews are very helpful for improving future chapters or working into later revisions).

Anyone who wants the free ad can claim it, I suppose? I'm not sure who to gift it to.

You can promote I Love You; I Do I Do I Do I Do I Do

I know that it’s apparently no longer necessary, but I’m going to go ahead and list all everything that I reviewed anyway for posterity, or in case someone stumbles onto this page several years from now and wonders what Bakuphoon did or something (you’re welcome, haha!)

2022/02/10: Hell Eternal ( @more than a torchic ) ~ in its entirety (one-shot)
2022/02/11: Niente ( @silurica ) ~ in its entirety (one-shot)
2022/02/12: Giovanni, At Last, We See Each Other Plain (more than a torchic) ~ in its entirety (one-shot)
2022/02/13: You were only waiting for this moment to be free (more than a torchic) ~ in its entirety (one-shot)
2022/02/14: I Love You; I Do I Do I Do I Do I Do (more than a torchic) ~ in its entirety (one-shot)
2022/02/15: 風雨 (Wind and Rain) [more than a torchic] ~ in its entirety (one-shot)
2022/02/16: Nori Carino: A Marvelous Encounter? ( @System Error ) ~ in its entirety (one-shot)
2022/02/17: Of Sands and Shadows ( @HelloYellow17 ) ~ Chapters 6-7

If all’s clear on my end, I would like Mirror Adventures: A Tragedy of False Smiles to be the fic of mine advertised, please.

Now for parting words… whew! To be honest, when I first signed up for this it was almost entirely on a whim, because I really had no idea that I was could actually pull something as insane as this off and yet, I did! Who would’ve thought that someone like me who, not too long ago, barely posted anything in the forums at all — including their own story or reviews for anyone else who I’m sure would’ve appreciated them — would end up with eight whole reviews in barely a week? How things have changed, for the better. I mean, I almost feel geared up to write even more reviews now — including some that I wanted to do for this event but simply didn’t have time to do — but not right this instant, haha… I could use a little rest after that, honestly.

In any case, thank you for hosting this event that has given us all an opportunity to experience things that we may never have gotten to experience otherwise, and to make connections that we may never have made otherwise! Lots of wonderful stories have gotten some love and attention thanks to this, and in the world of fanfic writing especially, that can never be a bad thing. Much love to everyone who participated!

I didn't manage to clear the challenge since I ran out of steam, but I got... four or five days straight of reading and reviewing? That's a pretty good amount for my attention span. Also I still need to reply to reviews soon. Wheeee.

@Beth Pavell I'd like for Luceat Lux Vestra to be advertised, please. Hopefully this will end well.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom