• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Felly Plays Pokemon HeartGold

bpKeMPw.png

As usual, following my gym challenges, I took some time to head to the Pokemon Center and healed. After we were rested up, we headed east towards Route 15.

Spr_HGSS_Lyra.png
vs
Spr_HGSS_School_Kid.png

Getting onto Route 15 started the long journey towards Lavender Town, the easier route compared to Rock Tunnel. It didn't require Flash, that's for sure. I battled several trainers along the way, which I appreciated for some of my Pokemon could've used some extra training in preparation for the coming battles. I even got a few new phone numbers from people I battled. On Route 12, I picked up a Super Rod from a fisherman, though I doubted I would be using it. I felt pretty confident with the six Pokemon I had now; I wasn't sure I wanted to switch things up now and ruin my team's synergy.

I arrived in Lavender Town and continued onward after making a brief stop at the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. My journey brought me back to Saffron City, where I traveled to Route 4. I didn't get very far that way though, so I flew back to Vermillion City and went to Diglett Cave. There, a Snorlax blocked my path into the cave, so I had to return to Lavender Town to visit the Radio Tower there. A gentleman there upgraded my Poke Gear so I could hear the Kanto shows, not that I really listened to the radio in the first place, but it would give me the ability to wake the Snorlax and get him out of the way so I could get through Diglett Cave and get to Pewter City, where my next badge waited.

The Snorlax outside of the cave defeated all of my Pokemon on his first try. I returned to the Pokemon Center to heal and then went back to fight him again. I was able to catch him this time, and I gave him the nickname Sloth. He was transferred to Bill's PC, and I considered going back and swapping him into my team but ultimately decided against it. Like I said, I felt confident with the synergy my team had now; I didn't want to throw that off, especially when I was so close to earning all of the Kanto badges too. Sometimes it was better to just leave good enough alone. With the Snorlax out of my way, I entered Diglett Cave, coming out on the other side just outside of Pewter City.

LyraChallenge.png
vs
VSBrock.png

After visiting the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon, I wasted no time in going straight to the gym. I battled the two trainers there and beat them, and then I challenged the gym's leader, Brock. He was indeed a surprisingly tough challenge, as he beat me in my first challenge. I healed and went back for a rechallenge, which I was able to win. He handed over the Boulder Badge and TM 80, Rock Slide, for my efforts, and I had another badge under my belt. Perhaps now that I'm nearing the end of my journey here in Kanto, the gym challenges are going to get increasingly harder... I guess only time will tell.

Current Team
Spr_4h_157.png
Flame the Typhlosion
Spr_4h_185_f.png
Magnolia the Sudowoodo
Spr_4h_176.png
Omelette the Togetic
Spr_4h_181.png
Beep the Ampharos
Spr_4h_097_f.png
Melody the Hypno
Spr_4h_087.png
Snowflake the Dewgong

Boxed Pokemon
Ava the Pidgey, Atlantic the Weepinbell, Starlight the Staryu, Phoenix the Ho-Oh, Sloth the Snorlax

s3BCjnQ.png

After defeating Brock, I traveled to the Pokemon Center to heal, and then I made my way south towards Route 2. That took me through Viridian Forest, where I battled a couple trainers and got a new phone number to add to my collection. I arrived in Viridian City and healed my Pokemon again; the journey through the forest wasn't too rough, but a healthy Pokemon is a happy Pokemon.

I went to the gym, but I learned that the leader was away. I went to the trainer house as well, but it was only for training purposes, and I had a feeling I would get more than enough training between now and my next gym challenge, especially considering that the leader wasn't in the gym currently.

Spr_HGSS_Lyra.png
vs
Spr_HGSS_School_Kid.png

I continued making my way south, where I battled another trainer before arriving in Pallet Town. I visited Professor Oak's lab while I was there, and he told me to come back once I had all of Kanto's gym badges. I told him I would, though it wouldn't be too long since I was only two shy from having them all, and I was working towards getting one of those two now.

I continued south towards Route 21 and rode on Snowflake's back until we reached Cinnabar Island. There, I healed and met Blue. He told me I wasn't able to battle him because I only had six badges. I rolled my eyes, but I told him it wouldn't be long before we could battle; I was working towards my seventh badge now. I continued onward and arrived at the Cinnabar Gym, which was relocated to the Seafoam Islands after the original gym on the island was damaged beyond repair.

LyraChallenge.png
vs
VSBlaine.png

I challenged the trainers in the gym, and then I challenged the leader, Blaine. He beat me on my first attempt, so I returned to Cinnabar Island to heal my Pokemon. I made the trip back to the Seafoam Islands and the gym to rechallenge him, and I was able to win this time, earning the Volcano Badge and TM 50, Overheat.

Current Team
Spr_4h_157.png
Flame the Typhlosion
Spr_4h_185_f.png
Magnolia the Sudowoodo
Spr_4h_176.png
Omelette the Togetic
Spr_4h_181.png
Beep the Ampharos
Spr_4h_097_f.png
Melody the Hypno
Spr_4h_087.png
Snowflake the Dewgong

Boxed Pokemon
Ava the Pidgey, Atlantic the Weepinbell, Starlight the Staryu, Phoenix the Ho-Oh, Sloth the Snorlax

h4q11f8.png

After beating Blaine, I flew straight to Viridian City and healed my Pokemon. I went to the gym, but no one was there, much to my surprise. I would've thought that Blue would've found out that I beat Blaine and got my seventh badge and returned to the gym. I guess not though. With this in mind, I flew back to Cinnabar Island to talk to him. He told me to head to Viridian's gym and he'd meet me there to battle me for my eighth and final badge. I rolled my eyes after he flew away. Coulda saved me the trip if he'd just been there in the first place.

LyraChallenge.png
vs
VSBlue.png

I went back to the gym and battled a couple of the trainers in there before challenging Blue. He beat me on my first attempt, so I made a trip to the PokeMart in the city to buy items before I rechallenged him. When I went back for the rechallenge, I was able to beat him. He gave me the Earth Badge and TM 92, Trick Room, for winning the battle.

With all eight Kanto badges in hand, I could finally find out what Professor Oak wanted to see me about after I earned all the badges. Perhaps soon, my journey would finally come to an end... I sure hope so because I'm actually kinda tired. Who'd have thought traveling the world would be so exhausting?

Current Team
Spr_4h_157.png
Flame the Typhlosion
Spr_4h_185_f.png
Magnolia the Sudowoodo
Spr_4h_176.png
Omelette the Togetic
Spr_4h_181.png
Beep the Ampharos
Spr_4h_097_f.png
Melody the Hypno
Spr_4h_087.png
Snowflake the Dewgong

Boxed Pokemon

And today, the journey finally comes to an end.

mTABmhg.png

With all eight badges in hand, I left the gym, and as soon as I stepped outside, I got a call from Professor Oak. He told me he had something for me and to meet him at his lab in Pallet Town. I made a quick stop at the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon, and then I flew the short trip to Pallet Town. I probably could've walked, but I was eager to see what Professor Oak had for me.

Once there, he gave me HM 08, Rock Climb, and told me to head to Mt. Silver. There, I'd be able to face one of the strongest trainers in the Kanto region. It would be a true test of my skill. I flew back to Viridian City and bought items to prepare for the trip, and then I went east from the city towards Mt. Silver. I spent some time there exploring and training my Pokemon, but once I reached the summit, after teaching Beep Rock Climb, I realized that I wasn't ready to face Red, the trainer who waited at the top of the mountain, and flew back to the Indigo Plateau to rechallenge the Elite Four.

After losing to the Elite Four numerous times, I decided to fly back to Johto to hunt down a Shiny Stone. Rumor had it that using one on my Togetic would allow it to evolve into a Togekiss. That would help her become stronger, and I think Omelette needed a little more strength for our final challenge. I participated in the Bug Catching Contest as well, and I came in second place with the female Pinsir I caught, which was nicknamed Lady and transferred to my PC. I did find a Shiny Stone though, and I was able to use it to evolve Omelette into Togekiss.

I spent a lot of time between the Elite Four and Mt. Silver training with my Pokemon in preparation for the final battle. It was a lot of work, but after some time, I think we finally reached the point where I was ready for Red.

Spr_HGSS_Lyra.png
vs
Spr_HGSS_Red.png

I reached the summit of Mt. Silver once more, and I challenged Red. He was a silent guy, and it was an extremely tough battle. I thought my team and I would persevere, but we failed our first challenge. It was so close, I could almost taste victory. I used a lot of items in the battle though, so I spent some time rechallenging the Elite Four to earn money to purchase more items for a second challenge. The extra training was an added bonus.

I bought more items, specifically Full Restores and Revives, and then I went back to the summit of Mt. Silver. It was another tough battle, and lots of items were used. There was a point where I thought I was sure to lose, but we pulled through. When it came down to our final Pokemon, I cheered them on, and we won! I defeated Red!

And with that, my Pokemon journey has come to an end. It was a great run, and I had lots of fun exploring the Johto and Kanto regions and making friends along the way! Now's the time for me to rest, and maybe after I've spent some time at home with Mom and got some much deserved rest, I'll go do some more exploring around the region.

Final Game Time: 70:13
Final Team
Spr_4h_157.png
Flame the Typhlosion
Spr_4h_185_f.png
Magnolia the Sudowoodo
Spr_4p_468.png
Omelette the Togekiss
Spr_4h_181.png
Beep the Ampharos
Spr_4h_097_f.png
Melody the Hypno
Spr_4h_087.png
Snowflake the Dewgong

Boxed Pokemon
Ava the Pidgey, Atlantic the Weepinbell, Starlight the Staryu, Phoenix the Ho-Oh, Sloth the Snorlax, Lady the Pinsir

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom