• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Felly's Art Dump

Decided to try some new stuff for my set this month, featuring Furude Rika from Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni. I wanted to play around in Photoshop a little more after feeling inspired by a tutorial I found on deviantArt while looking for a render to use for this. I didn't follow the tutorial at all, but it did give me a little inspiration to experiment more with Photoshop when making this piece.

E2K7NKi.png

xoflBfu.png

I've been watching a lot of Castle lately; it's become my new favorite show, and it's inspired me creatively, for both writing and art. I decided to make this piece in honor of probably one of my favorite fictional couples of all time, Rick Castle and Kate Beckett, two of the main characters in the show. This didn't come out completely as I imagined it, but I think it came out decently enough that I'm okay with sharing it. Spoilered for the size of it.

se7Vs9v.png

Got the March spreads for my bullet journal done earlier today, so here they are! I decided to go with an Animal Crossing theme this month, in honor of New Horizons dropping on March 20th. and no, my town name won't actually be march.

NkGvd9g.jpg

Ib1hGsV.jpg

New month, new graphics for me~ This month featuring Sailor Mars from Sailor Moon. I actually kinda like how this one turned out, especially the background.

ra4YdAG.png

POhvR44.png

Felt inspired to do some art featuring Stana Katic today. The text is based on a quote from Castle from the titular character himself, the full quote being "Just waiting for my partner. Maybe you’ve seen her. Pretty girl, thinks she can leap tall buildings in a single bound, carries the weight of the world on her shoulders yet still manages to laugh at some of my jokes," that comes at the end of their case.

k75RAud.png

I've been writing a lot lately and sharing my work on Fanfiction.net, where they allow you to have story images for each story you publish. I decided to go ahead and make one for the next story I'll be publishing on there once I finish the one I'm working on now; it's going to be a series of one shots based around songs that have sparked ideas in my mind. The series as a whole is going to be titled When the Music Stops, based on a line from Castle in which Beckett asks what happens when the music stops in regards to her relationship with Castle. I don't plan for any of the one shots to really be connected, but rather several standalone stories under one title, like a collection.

This is the first story image in a while that I've made and been satisfied enough with it to share it, so here we go. I'm actually satisfied with how this turned out, and I'm hoping I can experiment more in the future with cutting backgrounds from images and making it look halfway decent and not super choppy, like I have in the past.

TxvmpaY.png

Made a couple sigs to do a little practicin'! The first is of Tom Nook, everyone's favorite raccoon scam artist from Animal Crossing, in honor of New Horizon's release today! Decided to go with the vector style on this one, and I feel like it came out pretty okay. Probably not the best, but I don't think it's completely awful. The second is of Castle and Beckett from the end of one of the 6th season episodes; I wanted to practice a little more with including GIFs in my work, and I figured this was a good start. I really like how this one came out, and I'm looking forward to working more with GIFs in the future!

ZQKEM6Q.png

q7WWM6Z.gif

Wanted to practice more with GIFs, so here I am. This didn't quite come out as I envisioned, but I'm satisfied enough with how it came out in the end. I spent the better part of my day on this; working with GIFs feels a lot more time consuming. I'd wanted to include a couple more people in the image, but there wasn't enough space, and I didn't want to make it any larger than it already was. It's definitely something I'll have to practice more with, but I'm glad I'm at least taking the step to go out of my comfort zone, even if it means spending my entire day working on a single image. xD

EZMxPtB.gif

Did a little art therapy today as one of my mom's ideas since I've been a little stressed with everything that's been going on in the world lately. I'm okay, just stressed thinking about it all, and a little art took my mind off it all for a little while. My mom cut the heart shape out, and I just decorated it. Kept it simple, but I like the colors on it. She did one too (I don't have a picture of it), but we're using them to decorate our front door.

ZkNgxe0.jpg

New month, new set. This month's theme is centered around Shinichi and Murano from Parasyte. I actually really love the text on this one!

Zj5mAnZ.png

q0PJFYJ.png

Decided to do a quick little sketch of my character, Ashleigh Martin, after submitting my Trainers of Fanfiction entry. She's one of the main characters in an old story I wrote years ago called Setting Sun; it's a story I'm considering maybe rewriting, but I'll definitely be changing it up if I do.

fqJRi9x.jpg

I started these icons yesterday but realized I'd already made a post in my gallery for the day, so I decided to wait to finish them until today. Wanted to make some icons of Kate Beckett from Castle, so here's 10 of 'em!

d7h93oe.png
KsDvFRb.png
yPwBsL2.png
eEoiOJt.png
XowzCvp.png

SQVHhCK.png
ruCHMqC.png
qMCOxmE.png
ZYkMBfi.png
0bFX5SN.png

Decided to do a little more graphics practice, this time centered around cutting images from backgrounds, so I decided to work with Castle and Beckett some more to create an image. Kept it kinda simple, but I wanted to do something flowery and this is what I got.

kw8HVty.png

I did quite a bit of art for the Elaria art contest that's mentioned in the announcements at the top of the forums!! I don't plan on submitting all of them, but I figured I'd commit to doing sketches of all the ideas I had and just picking my favorites from there. The only ones I'm submitting are the ones with the shiny variants, but all of them are being shared in the spoilers below; images are in no particular order, just however Imgur uploads 'em, but they're all labeled so you can see what's what. (Also, as a side note, y'all should totally join the Elaria fan game! It's a fun little game, and if you join, you should refer ya girl Felly! ♥)

SoTdlm1.jpg

NYnhpYb.jpg

A4kJZUG.jpg

hI9Cn1X.jpg

66GeKTs.jpg

dAiTfgZ.jpg

BPMLjzU.jpg

36RLlRG.jpg

1DWOKOa.jpg

dUKT6II.jpg

5s8W6ag.jpg

tx5ioF9.jpg

Practicing with text in my graphics today since I don't do it too much anymore, but I'd like the practice regardless. I actually really like how this one came out! This one is inspired by episode 17-18 (I can't remember which one exactly, but somewhere in that range) of Bleach, right before Rukia's taken back to the Soul Society.

bDbuRf9.png

Did a little painting for the background of my hamster's tank. The posterboard is taller than necessary, but I didn't realize it until after I'd already started painting, so I just went with it. At least it looks pretty, haha.

oR0dJqy.jpg

EDIT: I also did a cloud themed Burmy for the Elaria art contest, so I'm sharing those images below as well!

dwPHmrj.jpg

gud6IoM.jpg

Last edited:
Made some new art for myself for this month! I guess I'm back to the Katy Perry theme, haha, this time with the song Hummingbird Heartbeat. I also decided to do something a little different this month, and instead of cropping a portion of the signature out for my avatar, I decided to completely design a different avatar, while still following the same theme, and I think it came out pretty nicely.

g9aWh2L.png

HHGPcYj.png

Back
Top Bottom