• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Female player anime variant

PokéSean

Aka: LPCDDude, Cardcaptor Sean, TheLegoCat, etc.
Reaction score
So let me get this straight. Any girl player who has been an NPC in the video games gets an anime variant with the same name. This all happens except Best Wishes. Someone said that the BW cast sucked and they couldn't get Bianca right. So will the girl Galarian player have an Anime variant?

Last edited:
So let me get this straight. Any girl player who has been an NPC in the video games gets an anime variant with the same name. This all happens except Best Wishes. Someone said that the BW cast sucked and they couldn't get Bianca right [. So will the girl Galarian player have an Anime variant?

We didn't get the Alola female protagonist either. We got Lillie, a major story NPC from the games, as well as Mallow and Lana.

I expect Galar to do the same thing and have an NPC be Ash's companion. The female character's default design looks too bland for me to see her as a main character in the anime.

We didn't get the Alola female protagonist either. We got Lillie, a major story NPC from the games, as well as Mallow and Lana.

I expect Galar to do the same thing and have an NPC be Ash's companion. The female character's default design looks too bland for me to see her as a main character in the anime.

That is because Alola's PCs weren't NPCs too. If you choose Sun/Elio, Moon/Selene is not an NPC. Same goes with choosing the opposite PC. Well we cannot have Sonia because she is too old to travel with Ash.

How does GameFreak reveal their players' name. I mean, we don't know what the Let's Go! players' names are actually because Chase and Elaine are not NPCs. And why don't know if the rival's name is really Trace.

Also! The Galarian girl player is not boring. She is kinda cute. All anime girls are kinda cute.

So let me get this straight. Any girl player who has been an NPC in the video games gets an anime variant with the same name. This all happens except Best Wishes. Someone said that the BW cast sucked and they couldn't get Bianca right. So will the girl Galarian player have an Anime variant?
Wait, iirc. the playable characters in BW weren't NPCs, or were them?

I think if the female PC appears in the game, then she appears in the anime. That didnt happen in BW and SM

I reckon the Female Player would end up being Ash's companion, along with a Gym Leader, perhaps have Milo in the group.

If not, then that could be due to what happened with XY. The anime may look impressive, however in Japan and in the money side, that's a different story. The movies were poorly rated, the games didn't do well, and around the same time the Yokai Watch fad was taking Japan by storm. That explains of why the movies don't follow the main characters in Sun and Moon, or why the anime is a slice of life show. They are trying to go a different direction for the series to give it new life.

Wait, iirc. the playable characters in BW weren't NPCs, or were them?

I erased my games so I complete games in order and then transfer when done and (FYI: they weren't complete when being erased). But when you do the multi battles, if pick either player and not invite friends, the opposing player battles with you.

I reckon the Female Player would end up being Ash's companion, along with a Gym Leader, perhaps have Milo in the group.

Milo doesn't look like Brock, Cylan, or Clemont's age. Nessa might. Ash may only just travel with a female gym leader, Nessa.

I erased my games so I complete games in order and then transfer when done and (FYI: they weren't complete when being erased). But when you do the multi battles, if pick either player and not invite friends, the opposing player battles with you.

Milo doesn't look like Brock, Cylan, or Clemont's age. Nessa might. Ash may only just travel with a female gym leader, Nessa.
Well we don't know that yet. We haven't seen the other Gym Leaders, but since we are at the start of the Alola League arc of Sun and Moon, we are not that far to go from the anime reveal.

Kabu the Blacksmith or Opal the Actress

Last edited:
I know that the girl player companions had a parent that would be the player's actual relative in her game. So maybe the Galarian players might have a relative famous in their family and the girl player's Anime counterpart and the boy's Adventures Manga counterpart being related to them. It's kinda weird that Grace was not X's mom in Adventures or that Lyra appeared too.

I think if the female PC appears in the game, then she appears in the anime. That didnt happen in BW and SM

I feel like Hilda wasn't used as Ash's female buddy in BW because of her Daisy Dukes. And Selene probably wasn't used as one of Ash's female classmates because her Sun/Moon variant had a freaking glove on her head. Ain't nobody got time for that.

I feel like Hilda wasn't used as Ash's female buddy in BW because of her Daisy Dukes. And Selene probably wasn't used as one of Ash's female classmates because her Sun/Moon variant had a freaking glove on her head. Ain't nobody got time for that.
Here's how the Female Player Companion works...

1: Since Advance, they usually appear in games that are the first for the newest consoles of the time. (Ruby and Sapphire for the GBA, Diamond and Pearl for DS, X and Y for 3DS)

2: The Player, whatever gender usually is a supporting/rival character throughout the story of a game (May, Dawn and Serena)

I think the lack of Female Trainers now is due to the slump that happened with Gen 6, tired, repetitive, and not so well money-wise for games, anime and movies. This is the reason of why Gen 7 is what it is for games, anime and movies, they're trying a new self-contained direction for the series, rather than having it as a never ending easter egg hunt as before from Gen 1 to 6. But with even that said, they might revert to the old formula after Sun and Moon.

Oh, I see. They still don't really have a story role, though. Don't them?

Here's how the Female Player Companion works...

1: Since Advance, they usually appear in games that are the first for the newest consoles of the time. (Ruby and Sapphire for the GBA, Diamond and Pearl for DS, X and Y for 3DS)

2: The Player, whatever gender usually is a supporting/rival character throughout the story of a game (May, Dawn and Serena)

I think the lack of Female Trainers now is due to the slump that happened with Gen 6, tired, repetitive, and not so well money-wise for games, anime and movies. This is the reason of why Gen 7 is what it is for games, anime and movies, they're trying a new self-contained direction for the series, rather than having it as a never ending easter egg hunt as before from Gen 1 to 6. But with even that said, they might revert to the old formula after Sun and Moon.

Or it could just mean that the female player companion is part of the new region and generation and new console. They did not have Elaine in SM because she is not an NPC and LPGE is set back in Kanto. Also, we don't really know if the players and rival of LPGE are named Chase, Elaine, and Trace. Maybe their names will be revealed in Masters. Same goes with Elio and Selene. We should leave them as Sun and Moon for now.

Or it could just mean that the female player companion is part of the new region and generation and new console. They did not have Elaine in SM because she is not an NPC and LPGE is set back in Kanto. Also, we don't really know if the players and rival of LPGE are named Chase, Elaine, and Trace. Maybe their names will be revealed in Masters. Same goes with Elio and Selene. We should leave them as Sun and Moon for now.
Gen 5 and 7 don't have Female Players because they are the second instalments to the same consoles as Gen 4 and 6.

Gen 5 and 7 don't have Female Players because they are the second instalments to the same consoles as Gen 4 and 6.

Or they mean the first new generation of the Switch. The only reason Elaine or whatever she can be called was never in the anime because she was not an NPC and Gen 7 is the second 3DS installment even if it has Switch.

It's probably that all the BW and SM casts/crew have sucked. I mean, in the link, someone said they couldn't get Bianca right probably from bumping Ash and getting him wet every time they meet and the conference having no league qualification in SM.

Last edited:
Or they mean the first new generation of the Switch. The only reason Elaine or whatever she can be called was never in the anime because she was not an NPC and Gen 7 is the second 3DS installment even if it has Switch.

They didn't really have any room to introduce Elaine in SM. It's similar as to why Kris didn't appear during the Johto saga proper. Crystal was released in the middle of the second generation, just like how Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee were released near the end of the seventh generation. They didn't have time or a reason to introduce a new character when there were other more natural ways to promote the games than bringing in Elaine out of nowhere.

They could bring her as a guest star, like Kotone in DP.

That might have worked, but I'm not sure how they could have pulled it off. A Kanto Festival wouldn't have made as much sense, especially after the cast traveled to Kanto for a couple of episodes. Plus, the promotion for the past couple of remakes have been a bit more lowkey compared to how HG/SS were treated in DP.

You know, I don't think I can recall Calem or Serena being assistants or supporters to Professor Sycamore in the X and Y games? So perhaps assisting like Gen 3 and 4 has nothing to do with why the Female Trainer accompanies Ash, but rather the first games for the newest consoles.

GBA (May)
DS (Dawn)
3DS (Serena)

and so for SwSh being the first proper Gen for the Switch

Switch (Gloria)

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom