• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Female player anime variant

She's looks like a mixture between Gloria and Ho

I can see she is like Hop. Maybe she is a cousin. She doesn't look friendly to be a companion. So she plays the rival. I still think it should be Gloria and someone has even made promo with her up front. It is fanmade though and Ash's suit seems to be more of the other picture (it is the first look).

If the new poster is real I think there won't be a female protagonist. There might be female side characters like Lana and Mallow who both got a limited amount of screentime.

I have also noticed that when they focus on tournaments such as the league, there are almost no female characters. I don't think the DP league had any female characters at all which is a shame because it's otherwise my favorite league.

Mabye the new series focuses on battles which is at least better than SM which had very few battles and a lot of uneventful filler episodes.

If the new poster is real I think there won't be a female protagonist. There might be female side characters like Lana and Mallow who both got a limited amount of screentime.

I have also noticed that when they focus on tournaments such as the league, there are almost no female characters. I don't think the DP league had any female characters at all which is a shame because it's otherwise my favorite league.

Mabye the new series focuses on battles which is at least better than SM which had very few battles and a lot of uneventful filler episodes.
It is probably just his rival. Just because that poster isn't real doesn't make it true. They don't need to appear in posters to be main.

The first DP poster had Ash, Dawn, and Paul on it with no sign of Brock whatsoever.
Actually the first poster just had Dawn with Dialga and Palkia. What you've described is the second poster.

Maybe they are secretly revealing Gloria. That scowl means he/she is a rival.

That was character development. This is the actual poster. I don't know why they don't have Gloria but that doesn't mean she won't be a companion. We are only speculating.

Maybe they are secretly revealing Gloria. That scowl means he/she is a rival.

View attachment 125718
That was character development. This is the actual poster. I don't know why they don't have Gloria but that doesn't mean she won't be a companion. We are only speculating.

Notice Lugia, Unova and Alola, if you look closely you see Ash and the trainer together, touring the world. If he is male (according to a recent tweet)

View: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot/status/1177755059502886912?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1177755059502886912&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231177755059502886912

Then for each region they'll travel, there will always have a female companion spot free for Misty, May, Dawn, Iris, Serena and Lillie.

They'll still have Gloria for when they are in Galar.

Notice Lugia, Unova and Alola, if you look closely you see Ash and the trainer together, touring the world. If he is male (according to a recent tweet)

View: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot/status/1177755059502886912?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1177755059502886912&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231177755059502886912

Then for each region they'll travel, there will always have a female companion spot free for Misty, May, Dawn, Iris, Serena and Lillie.

They'll still have Gloria for when they are in Galar.

The chances are just as good that they would use completely new characters instead of old ones.

The chances are just as good that they would use completely new characters instead of old ones.
New characters would be if the entire thing becomes a retelling reboot. Which means Ash would not be champion of Alola. Ash's new cap bears a C which could apply to him being Champion.

You forgot Bonnie, Mallow, and Lana.

These characters would appear in the region they visit, including Max.

First, what do the previous six caps bear?

And second, Max is a boy.
I mean it as recurring characters that were once companions, since it will be a max of 3 for each region. Although I might be wrong.

The first cap is some sort of pattern symbol for an official League expo cap. But the other five caps all bear Pokeball symbols. The new one looks more like a C than a Pokeball.

Last edited:
I just watched the (official) reveal trailer and I noticed that the new guy is a little bit uhhh... feminine? He has long eyelashes and hair decorations. Not that there is anything wrong with that I just think it's interesting since the other male companions with the exception of Cilan and mabye Tracy are more stereotypically masculine (Brock and Kiawe are muscular, Max, Sophocles and Clemont are science nerds).

I just watched the (official) reveal trailer and I noticed that the new guy is a little bit uhhh... feminine? He has long eyelashes and hair decorations. Not that there is anything wrong with that I just think it's interesting since the other male companions with the exception of Cilan and mabye Tracy are more stereotypically masculine (Brock and Kiawe are muscular, Max, Sophocles and Clemont are science nerds).
His VA is known for voicing feminine boys.

So. When will they reveal other characters in the new anime? Hoping it's Gloria.

Okay. I was thinking, maybe the PCs in SwSh are NPCs by giving advice about your items.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom