• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Femslash February Thread

Likeitornot.

realisation
Retired Staff
Reaction score
We may be four days in, but -

This is the official Femslash February thread! To give a brief explanation: Femslash February is a month dedicated to celebrating the somewhat less considered pairings in fandoms: those between female characters. It is not exclusive to solely one fandom, it is celebrated annually in February on various social media sites where fandoms tend to congregate such as Tumblr, Twitter, etc. It's high time that the tradition is celebrated here as well, so this thread will be here for the entire month to celebrate these pairings. Various prompts may be entered throughout the week, by moderators, or by users to get people thinking and being creative with the celebration of these pairings. This is a place to discuss and celebrate the female pairings that you like.

To start everyone off in the celebration, let's pose this question: what is your favourite f/f pairing and why?

My favorite f/f pairing is Imageshipping! That's for several reasons, such as:-
- I really love both May and Misty.
- I think their personalities could bounce off of each other in an interesting manner and they would definitely have a great chemistry.
-They are both really cute and the fanarts drawn for this pairing are totally adorable.
- I think they would make a badass power-couple because they have strong Pokémon like Gyarados and Blaziken.
- They are both also really strong, determined, kind, compassionate and caring. They would definitely make a great team.
- And since I had seen OS and AG as a kid I have really nostalgic memories of these two, and I am still a little bitter about not getting to see them interact more.

Other than Imageshipping, I also like several other f/f pairings from Pokémon such as:- SapphirePearlshipping (May x Dawn), Appealshipping (Dawn x Zoey), CrimsonVelvetshipping (May x Serena), Boutiqueshipping (Serena x Shauna), Jellowshipping (Mallow x Lily), Fondantshipping (Serena x Miette), ChampsElyseeshipping (Misty x Serena), Snowbellshipping (Zoey x Candice), Phaesporiashipping (Cynthia x Diantha) and WaterWarriorshipping (Misty x Lana).

My favorite f/f pairing is Imageshipping!

Ooh, I like you. :D I've always loved Imageshipping, ever since I first watched the Togepi/Togetic two-parter. May being all excited to meet Misty was so cute ;__; I think they're super adorable together and I really wish they could have interacted more and become best friends.

Let's see, what else...

WhiteSquareshipping (Hilda/Rosa) has been a big favorite of mine for a while now. I have all these headcanons where they get to meet when Hilda finally comes home and they're all shy and cute around each other.

Moonlilyshipping (Moon/Lillie)...gah. I'm obsessed. The instant the official art for both characters was released I was instantly like, "I ship this", but their relationship in the games went far beyond anything I would have expected. They came to mean such a great deal to each other and went through so much together. And then Lillie left. My poor heart. </3 The fact that Lillie stayed in USUM made me happy.

Boutiqueshipping (Serena/Shauna). This is super cute, but it's the anime that made me really love it. Shauna hugging Serena was so precious.

Shiroshipping (Bianca/Hilda) is pretty good. I mean, it's a childhood friends ship and a rival ship at the same time. What more could you want?

Similarly, Maybelshipping (Bianca/Rosa) is also cute. They don't have the childhood friend or rival thing going on but it's still good.

SourGrapesshipping (Burgundy/Georgia) is just really fun.

AlphaFemaleshipping (Shelly/Courtney). ORAS made me love this. It is pretty and great.

Annemaeshipping (Dawn/Iris) is adorable, OMG. Their interactions were perfect.

Stockingsshipping (Dawn/Lyra) is an old favorite, but still one I like. The Johto arc in DP was fun and I thought Dawn and Lyra were super cute together.

SapphirePearlshipping (Dawn/May). I mean, come on.

Scientificshipping (Fennel/Juniper). Blame Carly, she made me do it. :p But seriously. It's such an aesthetically pleasing pair, and it really does make sense.

Takenshipping (Hapu/Lillie) is adorable.

Bustershipping (Georgia/Iris). Yessssssss.

AquariumPlantshipping (Mallow/Lana) and Jellowshipping (Mallow/Lillie) are both absolutely precious.

Sinfulshipping (Mars/Jupiter) is another old favorite. They're lovely.

WaterWarriorshipping (Misty/Lana) is amazing. Lana loved Misty so much; it was so cute.

Fondantshipping (Serena/Miette). Again, I love rival pairs.

Think that's it as far as Pokemon ships go. If I listed ships from other fandoms we'd be here all day. :p

Time for a new question! Have you created any content, such as fanfics/fanvids/fanarts etc for any femslash pairing? And if not, are you planning to do so in the future?

Since there is sadly very limited content for femslash pairings, I thought it would be great to know what everyone has created! :)

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom