• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Fennel's Art

Surprise! I'm back.

I want to thank everyone again for their kind comments.

Real life has kicked my ass a bit over the past few years and I've barely picked up a pencil this whole time :/ I'd like to get back into drawing again. I'm not even sure where to start, so for now I'll just share a picture I drew for dA's Pride event last year:

gMUlZXm.png

We were supposed to draw something that prominently featured one of the colours on the original pride flag. I chose green ("nature"), as you can see.

I'm kind of self-conscious about my lack of improvement, and it's starting to get discouraging seeing artists much younger than me churn out masterpiece after masterpiece...but I can't dwell on those thoughts now. Just gotta keep going. I have the next week off before my summer classes resume so I'll hopefully get some practice in then.

You’re insecure over not improving as much as you’d like to, but I’d say this drawing has a style that’s almost fully-formed. It looks like something I might see in a published comic. So just keep up the practice and there’s no doubt in my mind that you’ll be drawing stuff that would be completely at home in the pages of the next Shonen Jump or something. The question is whether or not you’ll be happy with it.

EDIT: Oh by the way, THREAD NECROMANCY! MODS DELETE PLS!!!!! :p

Last edited:
A picture I drew last month for the Neopets Beauty Contest:

lQ0q8rE.png

And a very old piece that makes me smile now. This was from February 2011 – I was 14. That fill bucket tool though...

pTW6hhv.png

Tried using the fringe tool instead of lineart...dunno if I'll stick with this in the future. @_@

[Removed. Might redraw one day]

Another old piece, this one is from about a year ago:

Ar2zjZj.png

Next up: maybe a new avatar? I've had this one for ages.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom